Please stop 2D auto follow in dungeon

124»

Comments

• DragoDrago Posts: 290
    i think its time to ban 2d client. period.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,248
    Drago said:
    i think its time to ban 2d client. period.
    LMAO  So you want to ban all UO clients, guess you didn't know that EC is also a 2D client.  UO's 3D client went the way of the dodo.
  • I enjoyed 3rd Dawn client. Anyhow, I do not like enhanced client look at all, I've tried multiple times to "stomach" it I just cant tolerate it. For me it is hideous looking, sort of like early 3D games on the ps1,  just horrible looking and not timeless or charming. Not everyone feels that way but , it completely disconnects me from the nostalgic feel of UO, doesn't look good like a modern game like FFXIV, and needs nodding to be palatable, from most accounts I've read. I'm still plinking along in the basic classic client, dont even use UO assist, and enjoy the game thoroughly.

Back to the point of this thread tho.. is auto follow illegal if you follow yourself with a bard providing buffs or discord for your "main" that you alt tab to on a single screen? Does that need to be curb stomped as well? At what point do we "stop 2D auto follow in dungeon"?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Auto follow is ok maybe monsters AI needs adjustment to focus more on attacking the follower
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    McDougle said:
    Auto follow is ok maybe monsters AI needs adjustment to focus more on attacking the follower
    The paragons in Fire attacked my bard almost every time.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Back to the point of this thread tho.. is auto follow illegal if you follow yourself with a bard providing buffs or discord for your "main" that you alt tab to on a single screen? Does that need to be curb stomped as well? At what point do we "stop 2D auto follow in dungeon"?
    Is multi-clienting legal? Yes. Is using in-game macros, shortcuts, hotkeys, etc legal? Yes.

Why remove features in a game that have been in place for over 20 years? They aren't locked behind a pay wall and can legally be used by anyone.
    McDougle said:
    The paragons in Fire attacked my bard almost every time.
  • Back to the point of this thread tho.. is auto follow illegal if you follow yourself with a bard providing buffs or discord for your "main" that you alt tab to on a single screen? Does that need to be curb stomped as well? At what point do we "stop 2D auto follow in dungeon"?
    Is multi-clienting legal? Yes. Is using in-game macros, shortcuts, hotkeys, etc legal? Yes.

Why remove features in a game that have been in place for over 20 years? They aren't locked behind a pay wall and can legally be used by anyone.

To be clear, I do not want to see any feature removed from any client
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,935
    I enjoyed 3rd Dawn client. Anyhow, I do not like enhanced client look at all, I've tried multiple times to "stomach" it I just cant tolerate it. For me it is hideous looking, sort of like early 3D games on the ps1,  just horrible looking and not timeless or charming. Not everyone feels that way but , it completely disconnects me from the nostalgic feel of UO, doesn't look good like a modern game like FFXIV, and needs nodding to be palatable, from most accounts I've read. I'm still plinking along in the basic classic client, dont even use UO assist, and enjoy the game thoroughly.

Back to the point of this thread tho.. is auto follow illegal if you follow yourself with a bard providing buffs or discord for your "main" that you alt tab to on a single screen? Does that need to be curb stomped as well? At what point do we "stop 2D auto follow in dungeon"?

I also cannot stand the Graphics of the Enhanced Client.... I would LOVE to use it because of all the macros and abilities it provides as compared to the Classic Client, but its Graphics prevents me to.

I wished that the Developers made it available a "switch" to use the Enhanced Client with the Classic Client Graphics.... I do not understand why this has not already been done....
  • why does it prevent you, does it threaten your life?

ADAPT

• poppspopps Posts: 3,935
    why does it prevent you, does it threaten your life?

ADAPT

It is a game, supposed to "entertain" us, to provide enjoyment, relax, evasion from our real life....

Why should I play having to stand and stomach the Graphics of the Enhanced Client which I utterly dislike ?

It would no longer be an enjoyable feeling to spend time in the game having to "put up with" a graphics which I cannot stand....

What is inexplicable to me, since I noticed that there is a good number of UO players disliking the Enhanced Client graphics (but liking its interface and all of the Macro functions, the followers, partied etc. bars and so forth) and much preferring the Classic Client looks, why the Developers have not made available already a switch to make the Enhanced Client be able to also function with the Classic Client Graphics.....
  • because it would take work and the original idea was to have players move away form the old 2D client

I dont think you know how to  enjoy, relax as you put it as you are always moaning

you have a sampire, it took you long enough to finally make one, THEN USE IT FOR THIS EVENT

when the event os over you can go back to your rogue

as I said before you have 7 char slots for a reason

obviously you a s troll, but do you EVER give it a rest?????

this game will not change for YOU, only YOU have this ongoing problem

YOU have to adapt or get left further behind than you already are
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Ok how exactly are you getting All Kill to appear on all 4 screens with different colored text for each one, at the same time ? Are the pets friended to you ? Why is the color of your speech different on each client ?  If I set my color to red, and I say All Kill, its red on my screen, and it's red on  your screen..When you say all kill, it's a different color on each screen ?Limme go back and watch the beginning again. And can you make a current video and upload that of your Deceit shenanigans ?
    OMG you can set the color of speech for each toon. You are seeing each toon saying all kill.... You clearly are still rubbing sticks together to make fire.  Wait till you see a match, you will think it is some fake trick.  Gonna have to ease you into technology.
    Deceit is not a great place to multi client. Too many stairs and zig zags.  Takes longer to get each toon to the next floor for it to 1111111111111be beneficial.
    Then you're proving my point because you can see all 4 clients say All Kill at the exact same time.
    He is faster than you or I will ever be.  On mine you could see the time between commands  because I have slow reflexes.

How long does it take you to click a button with your left hand, move the mouse 1/4 inch, click the mouse, then press a button with your left hand.  Its not that complicated.
    I've watched it over and over and you can clearly see All Kill appear on the screen, on all 4 clients, at the same damn time...I'm not really sure why I'm putting this much effort into this conversation. It doesn't affect my gameplay in the least, I just love a good argument.

When I was actively running Shadowguard on LS/Atlantic, I brought 2-3 (3 for LS, 2 for Atlantic) clients.  It took a little getting used to but I was able to switch between them (on a single monitor) in 1-2 seconds each.  I issued commands (tamer on all 3 clients), then switched to the next one.  Same with movement.

I am still VERY capable of doing it even though I rarely play UO these days, and it'd be even easier with my dual monitor setup.  I've gotten very used to switching between them because of Twitch streaming: OBS is on my primary monitor, and my web browser/trackers (I play/"Speedrun" SNES era randomizers) is on my secondary.  It takes me roughly .3-.4 seconds to start my timer in Livesplit, move my cursor from one monitor to the other, and pause my timer.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    While these things are possible is it the type of mmo they had in mind..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    We converted @drcossack to a Tamer.  LS wins UO! 
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Pawain said:
    We converted @ drcossack to a Tamer.  LS wins UO! 

You do know I did that before the Shadowguard bug fixes, right?  When bosses didn't proc Fiendish Calling from pets.  There was no reason to use anything other than tamers there.
    drcossack said:
    Pawain said:
    We converted @ drcossack to a Tamer.  LS wins UO! 

You do know I did that before the Shadowguard bug fixes, right?  When bosses didn't proc Fiendish Calling from pets.  There was no reason to use anything other than tamers there.
    Next you will be using Cus!

• I dont think you know how to  enjoy, relax as you put it as you are always moaning

you have a sampire, it took you long enough to finally make one, THEN USE IT FOR THIS EVENT

Garbage said it better than I can:

I'm only happy when it rains
    I'm only happy when it's complicated
    And though I know you can't appreciate it

You know I love it when the news is bad
    Why it feels so good to feel so sad?

Pour your misery down
    Pour your misery down on me
    Pour your misery down

• I dont think you know how to  enjoy, relax as you put it as you are always moaning

Garbage said it better than I can:

I'm only happy when it's complicated
    And though I know you can't appreciate it

You know I love it when the news is bad
    Why it feels so good to feel so sad?

Pour your misery down