DEVs make UO consensual PvP only

124»

Comments

• DukarloDukarlo Posts: 50
    Kryonix, how about adding some meaningful fel content. I'm not talking something that is identical to trammel. Champ spawns were added 15 plus years ago and are well used. Other than that nothing unique and worthwhile has been added. Also it shouldn't be something you need a luck suit in order to get get good loot. Players doing fel content shouldn't  be at a huge disadvantage gear wise when it comes time for a fight. Also fel hotspots for thieves would be nice. I'm not asking to steal people 400 mill armor pieces but it would be nice to have spot where thieves can do well stealing dungeon loot from players as well as stealables that are common and needed as resources in those hot spots. 90 percent of the game is geared towards towards tramnel. Throw fel a legit bone please. Trammel has been catered to for far to long. Please bring back some actual uo and not baby land online
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    They don’t need to add content to fel, if they make a fel shard, 100% of content will be fel, and it won’t annoy any existing player, and will bring in more new players.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• TimTim Posts: 796
    Mervyn said:
    Tim said:
    Mervyn said:
    Maybe when the fel shard goes live, they should also make a trammel only shard, then we can see which one lures in more new players. 

I’d be fine if they made a non transferable trammel shard. To sandbox in some of the above players. Although I’m not sure how much they would enjoy playing a game where every item is completely worthless,  but render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s.

Trammel only shard with access to PS I'm there. If only so I don't have to see the juvenile PVP trash talk on general chat.

I think you’d be pretty annoyed if you spent 20 mins plus doing a champ and someone turned up on 2 accounts and took 4 out of the 6 scrolls by hitting the boss. Plus all items and scrolls would be worth very little, so you’d feel very little reward. Mind you, on Europa, people do the trammel champs for “fun”, whatever floats your boat. 
    Really wouldn't care, I don't judge my game experience by how someone else is doing. Thats probably why PVP has no interest to me. Also as I understand it your odds of getting something is partially based on how long you are in the fight. Showing up just for the last half of the boss wouldn't give you much.

But regardless I wouldn't spend 20 mins doing a champ just to get something if I didn't enjoy doing the champ. I'd just go do a champ I did enjoy and probably get the same items or something I could trade for what I wanted.
  • drcossackdrcossack Posts: 145
    Mervyn said:
    They don’t need to add content to fel, if they make a fel shard, 100% of content will be fel, and it won’t annoy any existing player, and will bring in more new players.
    For me, it's a bit of both.  Fel does need new content, IMO, since we've barely gotten any in 16 years.   I would like a Fel-only shard, of course, but with the low likelihood of it happening, we'd have to settle for new additions to Fel.  I do admit that the idea of not having to deal with any of the "we hate pvp" group's whining greatly appeals to me though.