25th Anniversary Event Rules for Costume Contest

EM ArtemisEM Artemis Posts: 120Event Moderator
edited September 2022 in General Discussions
Costume Contest:
  1. You cannot use any handheld "costumes" (example: Demon Costume, Skeleton Costume, etc).
  2. No using any item or spell that alters your character from human/elf/gargoyle.
  3. No pets will be permitted in the area.
  4. Please be respectful to everyone. Anyone seen as being otherwise, will be disqualified.
Chesapeake EM
UOEMArtemis@gmail.com

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,971
    edited September 2022
    Thanks  That changes what I was about to pack.  No more shape shifting Goblin/Orc  Using flippers and ring. :(

But I can still be a troll while walking around the fairgrounds.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    How will this be done?  There are many events,  Will there be a contest when say 10 people are around and then 10 more in 20 mins or so.  Or specific time for specific event.  

In 2 hours how will we do or see some of everything?

You guys realize there could be 100 people there at one time.  25 of them may be me. lol
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    How will this be done?  There are many events,  Will there be a contest when say 10 people are around and then 10 more in 20 mins or so.  Or specific time for specific event.  

You guys realize there could be 100 people there at one time.  25 of them may be me. lol
    The developers are much too busy with NL to answer your trivial questions us gud players knows how to play uo
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited September 2022
    Pawain said:

good questions
    I would like to know that too
    because there are multiple events that I would like to do too
    ======

I would also like to know if you can engrave clothing?
    Ugh packs embroidery tool.
  • EM LyraaEM Lyraa Posts: 173Event Moderator
    Wohooo! I can't wait until it's finally Saturday.... I've just posted the rules for our Ludo game too, I'm really looking forward to meeting you all on Origin and playing and celebrating... ! 

Wohooo! Ich kann es kaum erwarten bis es endlich Samstag ist... Ich habe soeben auch die Regeln für unser Ludo-Spiel gepostet, ich freue mich schon sehr darauf, euch alle auf Origin zu treffen und zu spielen und zu feiern... !

<3

EM Lyraa
    ··· EM Lyraa, Drachenfels
    ··· NEW! https://mstdn.games/@emlyraa
    ··· Follow me on Mastodon! | Folgt mir auf Mastodon! (no annoying ads, no login necessary, to read/view postings)
    ··· UO EM Drachenfels - Facebook

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Seems like people that do not have established chars on Origin with access to special dyes/armor/clothes (and don't have a shard shield) are at a severe disadvantage here for the costume contest.  :/
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,797
    edited September 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Seems like people that do not have established chars on Origin with access to special dyes/armor/clothes (and don't have a shard shield) are at a severe disadvantage here for the costume contest.  :/
    Just go Nekkid and tell everyone you’re dressed as mighty dragon with vivid purple scales and pink horns. And that If they can’t see it, they must be high on zoogi fungus. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited September 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Just go Nekkid and tell everyone you’re dressed as mighty dragon with vivid purple scales and pink horns. And that If they can’t see it, they must be high on zoogi fungus. 
    Ahhh good call!

Better yet... I'll say that I'm dressed as New Legacy. Yes!! It's big,bold, and the best costume by far... you just have to use your imagination and believe what I'm saying. I've spent the last 2 years making it so it must be good. It will be the Alpha version of course...the final version of my costume will be available Halloween 2025 B)
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    keven2002 said:

I am willing to throw my home open to visitors for the event. I'm probably not the only one who will.
    As a Origin resident i can say there's already little to nothing available on a day to day Basis for the locals how will the entirety of UO be supported even for a two hour event? 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Have you been to my vendors??

There are public dye tubs at Tasti's Vendor house, if anyone needs special dyes other then those or the natural dyes that I sell on my vendor they just need to ask. We have plenty of crafters that are more then willing to make specialty clothing if needed.

Message me here, on Stratics, on Discord Larisa#4363 if anyone needs anything.

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    Pawain said:
    Exactly!

The no pets thing is gonna throw a wrench in many costumes I think but it's time to get creative!

Larisa said:
    Have you been to my vendors??

There are public dye tubs at Tasti's Vendor house, if anyone needs special dyes other then those or the natural dyes that I sell on my vendor they just need to ask. We have plenty of crafters that are more then willing to make specialty clothing if needed.

Message me here, on Stratics, on Discord Larisa#4363 if anyone needs anything.
    You know i have larisa and you know I'm an Origin supporter but my statement is true 
  • Larisa said:
    Pawain said:
    Exactly!

The no pets thing is gonna throw a wrench in many costumes I think but it's time to get creative!
    Yeah, I had a couple looks that I thought would be made better by being able to hop off and on an ethereal. 

Shard bound items have been an impediment to some costume making too. I'm afraid to even look up old posts on how that went down. I guess I wasn't reading the boards at that time. It is just the worst idea. One that often brings spontaneous fun to a screeching halt. I could not hate it more.

keven2002 said:
    Another reason inter-shard travel should be made easier. The logistics involved in trying to pull stuff together that you know would make for a better time during this Origin event is absurd. The same could be said of any impromptu event on an away shard that you'd love to jump in on.

Access to transfer shields and tokens (or access to other players with tokens, who'll schlep your stuff around) shouldn't be a thing. We should all be able to enjoy this to the fullest without jumping through these hoops. Or the alternative, showing up on Origin wearing your noob short pants.

We should be able to get ready for the party at home, then wing our way to the ball in our home shard finest.
    LilyGrace said:
    Larisa said:
    Pawain said:
    Exactly!

Yeah, I had a couple looks that I thought would be made better by being able to hop off and on an ethereal. 

Shard bound items have been an impediment to some costume making too. I'm afraid to even look up old posts on how that went down. I guess I wasn't reading the boards at that time. It is just the worst idea. One that often brings spontaneous fun to a screeching halt. I could not hate it more.

keven2002 said:
    Another reason inter-shard travel should be made easier. The logistics involved in trying to pull stuff together that you know would make for a better time during this Origin event is absurd. The same could be said of any impromptu event on an away shard that you'd love to jump in on.

Access to transfer shields and tokens (or access to other players with tokens, who'll schlep your stuff around) shouldn't be a thing. We should all be able to enjoy this to the fullest without jumping through these hoops. Or the alternative, showing up on Origin wearing your noob short pants.

We should be able to get ready for the party at home, then wing our way to the ball in our home shard finest.
    Maybe they're hoping to sell extra transfer tokens...
  • Yes, I would assume so. Be that as it may, transfer tokens don't strike me as the best idea for keeping players happy. I'm sure many, many players can think of lots and lots and lots of things they'd love to buy from the UO store. Items that wouldn't impede avenues to spontaneous fun.  
    I don't understand why less than two weeks notice was given for something oh 25 years in the making or why it was decided to be held on Origin? I mean the lag at destard day one was ok right now imagine all UO in small area for two hours....
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,730
    I coming as a tourist, (a person who is traveling or visiting a place for pleasure.)  that will be my costume.  Eat to much, drink to much, try to get a souvenir to take home later.

Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • HippoHippo Posts: 267
    Looking to join a Ludo team, but not as team leader :)  Rules look a bit complicated but I will make a good follower :) Used shield to bring over my main Hippolyte and a costume change for that contest. Only seen 2 sets of rules for 7-11 booths/contests so far? Is each EM posting the rules only on their shard page?

I can buy 20 clothing items for a BOD for the Artisan Festival to make on shards I do not play on. 50 tailoring will make basic clothes.

Most clothes can be bought from NPCs and dyed on the shard.

I can bring back Gifts to Atlantic, then Chessy, then LS.  After the event. 
  • Everything you need, let me know what you want and i'll throw it in a box set to public.

Everything you need, let me know what you want and i'll throw it in a box set to public.

24 Dungeness crab 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    McDougle said:
    I don't understand why less than two weeks notice was given for something oh 25 years in the making or why it was decided to be held on Origin? I mean the lag at destard day one was ok right now imagine all UO in small area for two hours....
    Apparently it is on Origin because it was the original test center which became a shard.  If I recall right, aren’t most publishes live on Orign first? I take it they see this event as a way of testing some things.  
    dvvid said:
    McDougle said:
    Apparently it is on Origin because it was the original test center which became a shard.  If I recall right, aren’t most publishes live on Orign first? I take it they see this event as a way of testing some things. 

Origin was the first live test shard now there are three. With NL put off what could they be testing and how much could they do in two hours?? Remember the lag in destard on the first day?? Or any EM events now triple that i guess they are going for nostalgia as it's gonna be like 98 and everyone on dial-up...
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Everything you need, let me know what you want and i'll throw it in a box set to public.

Err... a full suit of Balron bone or Wildfire armor?  :#
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited September 2022
    Ah yes... if accepting requests then I'll take a full blue corn plate suit.

I know it might be a....corny costume.... but I'll take it anyway

Or perhaps the greedy bone suit from the gold man.... I think that was also be....money! 

:D 
  • keven2002 said:
    Ah yes... if accepting requests then I'll take a full blue corn plate suit.

I know it might be a....corny costume.... but I'll take it anyway

Or perhaps the greedy bone suit from the gold man.... I think that was also be....money! 

:D 
    I do not even know what a blue corn suit is.

• Seth said:

Err... a full suit of Balron bone or Wildfire armor?  :#
    I was Only able to accumulate one set of those two (with help) so I cannot give them away

suit.png 986.9K

• McDougle said:

24 Dungeness crab 
    I'll see what i can "fish" up