Halloween Treasures event?

2»

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,934
    Seth said:
    In real life, politicians created TV and entertainment to keep people from revolting.

We are paying citizens of Britannia, and we pay our taxes every month. 

I am not sure why the Team is so quiet and inactive. Their cash cow and year end bonus is at stake.

@ Mesanna pls unleash all the events and rewards and keep the citizens busy logged in playing, and not posting here!!
    In real life, politicians created TV and entertainment to keep people from revolting.

It actually goes way longer back in time.... 

Panem et Circenses......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_and_circuses
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,146
    edited September 2022
    LilyGrace said:
    keven2002 said:

So your stance is that because "something happened to someone" (no other details than that), the PAYING customer base shouldn't worry about getting anything new?? 

I don't know, Keven. If you know so well what it takes to keep a MMORPG going for 25+ years and you have such a deep understanding of all that would be involved in its day-to-day operations, then you certainly should be a game developer.

I do look at new UO art being introduced as something new. It's sort of built right into the name, "new UO art". So, the 25th Anniversary art, whether you liked it or not, is new. The Origin event is something new. New items, even though introduced through systems we're already familiar with; Trick or Treating, fighting in the cemeteries, holiday tokens, Krampas, will be new and I'm sure I'll enjoy going after them. 

Do I wish NL was right around the corner? Sure. But I know releasing it before it's truly ready would be bad. And I know trying to cram a new ToT event into the game if it isn't ready, for whatever reason it isn't ready, would not be a good thing either. It would cause a lot more howling than not having a ToT at this time is.

@LilyGrace - Nothing but love for ya! <3

I've been in systems project management for over a decade and it's clear to me that this team doesn't subscribe to the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology which is widely accepted as best practice by all major institutions. I'm not saying I have complete understanding of everything involved for UO but under the SDLC all things can be addressed and organized (I would be fine helping implement that - Mesanna just needs to ask). In the SDLC it's very clear what the directives are and what will be delivered & when (and what will happen in the event of delays - ie A/B/C/E can be delivered but D would take too much time). It's much easier to redistribute resources to hit deliverables, if needed.

I won't belabor the point but I find the actions (or lack thereof) of the Dev team to be unacceptable as a paying customer and my true point for you is that the Dev team shouldn't need to cram anything ToT related in because they've had 6 months they coulda/shoulda been working on it (or some sort of new content).

Our biggest point of disagreement is that you find it acceptable (perhaps because "someone was out") that after 6 months we don't have NL (it wasn't ready) AND we aren't getting any new content, but I don't. If I was fine with uncertain production, then I'd go play a free shard that may or may not get updates on a regular basis.

Ultimately, I think that the Dev team should be on the hook to tell us what exactly has been produced over the last 6 months since there doesn't appear to be any new content coming. If the answer is some new pixels (ie new decorations for the same old content) took 6 months then I think some actions need to be taken. Again let's keep in mind that this is 25 YEARS and all we're getting is a few new Halloween/Xmas decorations we get every year? Your spouse must be a lucky person... after 25 years of marriage you get.... a silver color Hallmark card saying Happy Anniversary. I know that wouldn't fly with most others.  :D
  •  <3 back at ya, Kev 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,678
    Urge said:
    Agree with Seth. Unleash 25 years of destruction. 

Even dreadmares and banes but in the 25 year silver color. 
    I like that idea.
    They have said that they would never bring them back
    but in a different color it wouldn't be the same creature.
    so it wouldn't lower the value of the originals. 
    a silver dreadmare would be awesome
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 290
    Seth said:

We are paying citizens of Britannia, and we pay our taxes every month. 

I am not sure why the Team is so quiet and inactive. Their cash cow and year end bonus is at stake.

@ Mesanna pls unleash all the events and rewards and keep the citizens busy logged in playing, and not posting here!!
    Wait, what?  You need to get some air buddy

• HippoHippo Posts: 273
    Urge said:
    Agree with Seth. Unleash 25 years of destruction. 

Even dreadmares and banes but in the 25 year silver color. 
    I like that idea.
    They have said that they would never bring them back
    but in a different color it wouldn't be the same creature.
    so it wouldn't lower the value of the originals. 
    a silver dreadmare would be awesome
    I still have stacks of the "bane treat ribs" from back in the day...
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,789
    As long as the chests and crates in Khaldun get filled with goodies as usual I will be a happy camper.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 273
    TimSt said:
    As long as the chests and crates in Khaldun get filled with goodies as usual I will be a happy camper.
    Thanks for the reminder! I have Detect and remove trap souls-stoned, need to rebuild my Khaldun creeper...
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,146
    edited September 2022
    Might need to take this with a grain of salt but I just heard some people talking on Origin about talking to Mesanna today. Supposedly she said there was going to be a Halloween dungeon event when she was cleaning up the faire. I'm not sure if this was taken out of context and really just meant like butchers/jack-o-lanterns but who knows.

*turns the lights back on in the rumor mill and starts up the machines*
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,041
    keven2002 said:
    Might need to take this with a grain of salt but I just heard some people talking on Origin about talking to Mesanna today. Supposedly she said there was going to be a Halloween dungeon event when she was cleaning up the faire. I'm not sure if this was taken out of context and really just meant like butchers/jack-o-lanterns but who knows.

*turns the lights back on in the rumor mill and starts up the machines*
    I told you I heard from a friend of a cousins nephew that there will be a dungeon in November.

We will have to wait and see.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.