Question: IDOC or?

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    They removed the fee. You email mesanna and transfer for free now. But Mariah is correct. You can not sell your account to someone.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    edited September 2022
    Pawain said:
    They removed the fee. You email mesanna and transfer for free now. But Mariah is correct. You can not sell your account to someone.
    I do not understand it....

If the Transfer of accounts is officially supported, how is it then possible that the "sale" of the account is not ?

I mean, before the transfer isn't there a sale agreement that takes place ?

I do not understand....
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I have an account that was originally my son's. I didn't pay him for it. He gave it to me.
    I have an account that was originally my son's. I didn't pay him for it. He gave it to me.
    Indeed, these can well be cases of accounts transfers nonetheless, can we dismiss the idea that there is UO players out there who have sold their UO accounts to other players ?

I mean, we can pretend not to see it, but that does not mean that it does not happen....
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,944Moderator
    popps said:
    Indeed, these can well be cases of accounts transfers nonetheless, can we dismiss the idea that there is UO players out there who have sold their UO accounts to other players ?

I mean, we can pretend not to see it, but that does not mean that it does not happen....

it does, however, mean it is not up for discussion HERE.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 632
    edited September 2022
    I gave my son an account as well when he was young but he gave it back fairly quickly as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was much more entertaining to him.

Around the same time he went through a stage when no matter what I said in response to his questions he would ask "why". I'm so glad he quickly matured beyond that stage.

edited September 2022
    I gave my son an account as well when he was young but he gave it back fairly quickly as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was much more entertaining to him.

Around the same time he went through a stage when no matter what I said in response to his questions he would ask "why". I'm so glad he quickly matured beyond that stage.

Indeed, it is very much annoying to be asked often "why" when one, it might possibly happen, perhaps could not know the answers to those questions or to at least some of them... perhaps, just perhaps, to some it might be preferable not be asked the questions athougether..... who knows.... different people prefer different things.... I guess.....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    popps said:

Indeed, it is very much annoying to be asked often "why" when one, it might possibly happen, perhaps could not know the answers to those questions or to at least some of them... perhaps, just perhaps, to some it might be preferable not be asked the questions athougether..... who knows.... different people prefer different things.... I guess.....
    Perhaps it's not the asking but rather the continued rebuttal and dismissal of any answer that's not the exact answer that the person asking already had predetermined was in fact only acceptable answer this leads others to wonder if the question was ever valid or just an attempt to perhaps create drama or possibly even trolling but that is just one possibility or at least that's how I see it 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • BardrisCaller1BardrisCaller1 Posts: 64
    edited September 2022
    I only broke UO's TOS one time back in like 2002 when I stood on another player while spamming to sell stuff. He asked me to move and I refused because I felt like he could have also moved. So, I got thrown in jail and given a stern talking to. Since then, I haven't broke the TOS and I won't today by trying to sell my account. My goal is to make sure the stuff doesn't get deleted and that when I give it away, it's as fair as possible to everyone interested. On that note, I am preparing the house to drop tomorrow around 6pm EST. I'll make another post about it well in advance and announce in game. Thanks for all the discussions. I do appreciate it.
  • McDougle said:
    popps said:

Perhaps it's not the asking but rather the continued rebuttal and dismissal of any answer that's not the exact answer that the person asking already had predetermined was in fact only acceptable answer this leads others to wonder if the question was ever valid or just an attempt to perhaps create drama or possibly even trolling but that is just one possibility or at least that's how I see it 
    It's trolling. Kinda like what you and I do. oh, wait errr. nevermind <span>:smile:</span>
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

McDougle said:
    popps said:

It's trolling. Kinda like what you and I do. oh, wait errr. nevermind <span>:smile:</span>
    Peeks out from under bridge...
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Heck, there is a player (let's call him, or her, a "broker") who, according to one of the Stratics Moderators, and SEVERAL other people I spoke with, actually made contact with a few DECEASED UO players families, to buy their loved one's accounts for very little money. So he could then turn around and sell the accounts and items for $$$. Who then tried to justify it to me by saying that "well it's more than they would have had" ! Talk about the lowest of the low. Feel free to PM me if you want to know who it was. I have the PMs and links. @Mesanna KNOWS who those people are, but refuses to do anything about it!  Why? you would have to ask her. I have a pretty good idea though. RMT people are pitiful and should be banned. End of story.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    @popps we only rent the use of our accounts. All the items in UO belong to EA.  We just use them. We can not sell what we do not own. But someone can gift you an account if you do it by emailing Mesanna. They got rid of the official way of safe transfers.

We can not sell something that is not ours. We pay monthly rent.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I sense a lock coming soon 
    edited September 2022
    KHAN said:
    Heck, there is a player (let's call him, or her, a "broker") who, according to one of the Stratics Moderators, and SEVERAL other people I spoke with, actually made contact with a few DECEASED UO players families, to buy their loved one's accounts for very little money. So he could then turn around and sell the accounts and items for $$$. Who then tried to justify it to me by saying that "well it's more than they would have had" ! Talk about the lowest of the low. Feel free to PM me if you want to know who it was. I have the PMs and links. @ Mesanna KNOWS who those people are, but refuses to do anything about it!  Why? you would have to ask her. I have a pretty good idea though. RMT people are pitiful and should be banned. End of story.
    Personally, I think that the problem lays mainly with those players who actually spend their real money for in game stuff.... be it in-game gold, items, accounts or anything else in-game.

If these players did NOT spend their real money on these in-game things, there would be no RMT sales and, consequentially all of the in-game issues that might be connected to RMT (scripting, cheating, multi-boxing etc. etc.)....

popps said:
    KHAN said:
    Heck, there is a player (let's call him, or her, a "broker") who, according to one of the Stratics Moderators, and SEVERAL other people I spoke with, actually made contact with a few DECEASED UO players families, to buy their loved one's accounts for very little money. So he could then turn around and sell the accounts and items for $$$. Who then tried to justify it to me by saying that "well it's more than they would have had" ! Talk about the lowest of the low. Feel free to PM me if you want to know who it was. I have the PMs and links. @ Mesanna KNOWS who those people are, but refuses to do anything about it!  Why? you would have to ask her. I have a pretty good idea though. RMT people are pitiful and should be banned. End of story.
    Personally, I think that the problem lays mainly with those players who actually spend their real money for in game stuff.... be it in-game gold, items, accounts or anything else in-game.

If these players did NOT spend their real money on these in-game things, there would be no RMT sales and, consequentially all of the in-game issues that might be connected to RMT (scripting, cheating, multi-boxing etc. etc.)....

The UO store should sell EVERYTHING the RMT sellers do cheaper 
  • popps said:

If the Transfer of accounts is officially supported, how is it then possible that the "sale" of the account is not ?

I do not understand....
    Why you making waves? I had no idea it was a controversial topic or I wouldn’t have brought it up at all. We were asked politely to let the topic go. It’s like you’re purposely being obtuse, trying to poke the bear. 
  • LilyGrace said:
    popps said:

I do not understand....
    Why you making waves? I had no idea it was a controversial topic or I wouldn’t have brought it up at all. We were asked politely to let the topic go. It’s like you’re purposely being obtuse, trying to poke the bear. 
    I see you finally figured it out.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Simply change your password to “password” and provide your userid.
    Anyone or someone will help you clean out your account.
    And let us know when is the last day.

Or you can PM me your details and I will clean it up.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2022
    I've made the decision to close down my accounts. I already prepared my other accounts and am getting my main account ready. I don't want all the stuff I've collected over the years to go to waste so I am wondering what the best way is to give my stuff away. Should I put it all in the house and let it go IDOC? I'm under the impression that IDOCs will delete some of the stuff and I don't think it would be wise to risk those items that someone might desire or need.

If I drop my house instead, would all the items make it to the ground?
    Sorry, my above post was in reply to your OP. I am not sure what the rest are mumbling or arguing about. All you need is my post. Since you are leaving the game for good pls send your game login info we will put your items to good use.  B)

Don’t waste time with the idoc or vendor sale, since you don’t need the gold.

Also remove your CC info after you cancel sub,

@BardrisCaller1
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs