Question: IDOC or?

I've made the decision to close down my accounts. I already prepared my other accounts and am getting my main account ready. I don't want all the stuff I've collected over the years to go to waste so I am wondering what the best way is to give my stuff away. Should I put it all in the house and let it go IDOC? I'm under the impression that IDOCs will delete some of the stuff and I don't think it would be wise to risk those items that someone might desire or need.

If I drop my house instead, would all the items make it to the ground?

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited August 2022
    Believe idoc deletes veteran items.  Put it all on vendors and have a rummage sale though that would be a lot of work.   But guys like me would buy the good stuff fast.  If you really love it why not just keep the house?  You don’t have to play but you can keep the memories.

You might be able to just open up the house.  Not sure how that works though.  Not sure if you can drop your house.  Sorry not familiar with that term.

Sometimes players just take there stuff where other players congregate and just leave it on the ground. Saw that once in New Haven.  Or, just pile it up outside the house and announce in chat. Or you could use this forum instead of chat.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    If you don't want greedy people just tell close friends or the people that only play on your shard and don't say anything until the last minutes.

Hey *so  and so shard* I am dropping my house in 5 minutes (any longer then that will give cross sharders a chance to get there)

And when you think enough people are there just go into your house menu and demolish house, everything will fall to the ground.

I think that's the best way to do it. IF you are not planning on coming back put everything in your house, if you think you might come back, throw a few necessities into your bank.

• Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I've played a long time and it's just that time to move on. I'll probably keep some gold just in case. But I'd rather the stuff be used by people who need it or want to sell it or whatever than it getting deleted. I'll put a post up on here when I'm ready to do it. Thanks again.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Don't. 

I've quit so many times and came back to nothing and it really sucks. Keep anything you think you might need when you come back. And you will. They all do. 

You're going to be at home one boring sat night trying to play something else and start thinking about UO and that cycle starts all over again. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,973
    Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. I've played a long time and it's just that time to move on. I'll probably keep some gold just in case. But I'd rather the stuff be used by people who need it or want to sell it or whatever than it getting deleted. I'll put a post up on here when I'm ready to do it. Thanks again.
    Give it all to Allen, he will put out anything good in his house where it will be forever.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    Pack everything away.  It is easy esp if you have shard shields.  If you are determined to give it all away then pack up 5 packies and go to luna and just transfer packies to 5 different people, do this until all your stuff is gone or try to a new/returning player and just give them your house with everything in it.
  • if you doing the drop house thing do not manually demo it. That will let anyone ready to replace the house instantly & will throw stuff under the house sign & possibly deleting some items. You would want to do the resize phrase ( I wish to resize my house ) under/ by house sign the will block any placement for 1 hour for any looters to gather items. do a raffle type thing .. and sell box of items for 5 mil etc. always place resources in your bank as deeds. Bank any older vet reward items like shard shields and decor items you might like if you came back.   
  • You could also just remove items you want then Sell whole house & all ..seen that done before & would give you a chunk of money if you came back to buy a new house
  • If you haven't already gotten rid of accounts and you think you might be back stuff everything you might want again into banks (like vet rewards). Then let the houses fall.

If you don't think you'll come back you might think about selling accounts. People buy whole accounts with developed characters, no?
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    LilyGrace said:
    If you haven't already gotten rid of accounts and you think you might be back stuff everything you might want again into banks (like vet rewards). Then let the houses fall.

If you don't think you'll come back you might think about selling accounts. People buy whole accounts with developed characters, no?
    Selling accounts is a violation of the UO Terms of Service. 
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • k
  • @LilyGrace dont you worry about @KHAN , aka Keith, He is just mad and jealous of everyone.
  • I wasn't really thinking much of what I'd said to the OP. I've not bought an account before. But I know I've talked to a number of people who've bought accounts off others. Lock, stock and barrel.
    *shrugs*
    You can email Mesanna to have account transferred to another player. 
  • Pawain said:
    You can email Mesanna to have account transferred to another player. 

Keith will be mad at you, He will not allow that.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    You can sell accounts in game for gold and bank it 
  • I've decided to give everyone a fair shot and drop my house with the stuff in it. Thanks for all the suggestions etc. I've been able to better prepare. I'll post soon about when and where.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    You'll be sorry! 

You get a gut punch when you see scavengers picking thru your years of hard work. The indecision if you did the right thing. The sadness that it's really gone. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Letting go is 
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited September 2022
    ksorida said:
    @ LilyGrace dont you worry about @ KHAN , aka Keith, He is just mad and jealous of everyone.
    LOL Let me guess which gold/account seller's alt account are you? AR, Nabin, Smoot, Ochler, Nails, idoc boy, King Greg? Which site do you run? Don't be afraid. No need to hide behind a 5 post alt account!!!! More importantly, WHY is Mesanna afraid/unwilling to ban you people??? It IS still against the rules. Have I got it right yet? Or should I keep going? You ALL should be banned. @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix WHY don't y'all take action against these people? I would LOVE to heard the answer to this!!!!!!
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • Ok, I admit I've spent zero time thinking this through. Honestly, I don't care past the point of mild curiosity. But can you tell me why it would be a terrible thing, if someone invested the time in creating a well-developed account, to give or sell the account to another person?

I mean, it holds no interest for me because I enjoy character development. I'm more apt to put all the time into training skills and then not do a dang thing with the skills.  :D But I wouldn't get rid of the account or characters because, 1. I get attached. And 2. What if I do want to bake a pie some day?

If someone hates the training up part of game play and they just want to jump in and play? The account still has to go on being paid for if it's to stay active. No?
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    It has always been against terms and conditions to sell accounts, and it has been known for people to sell an account and then manage to re-claim it to the consternation of the buyer. Could we please not discuss that idea further? Thank you.
  • Ah, ok. I hadn't considered there being false claims like that. And yes, no problem. My lips and or fingers are sealed. 
    That is why you should only give or take an account by emailing Mesanna. She is the one transferring it and there is a record.
  • Pawain said:
    That is why you should only give or take an account by emailing Mesanna. She is the one transferring it and there is a record.

She is not the one. you have to go thru the support email and they will handle the transfer and than you have to change all information with the new one. 
    I wish they could bring back the old account transfer system.

ksorida said:
    Pawain said:

She is not the one. you have to go thru the support email and they will handle the transfer and than you have to change all information with the new one. 
    I wish they could bring back the old account transfer system.

I went straight thru her when someone gave me an account. I doubt support email would even know what to do or what UO is.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited September 2022
    Mariah said:
    It has always been against terms and conditions to sell accounts, and it has been known for people to sell an account and then manage to re-claim it to the consternation of the buyer. Could we please not discuss that idea further? Thank you.
    Can someone else with a better memory as mine please help me here ?

I seem to remember that, years and years back (the early UO Years, perhaps ?), there was for some time, actually, the possibility of selling a UO account to another player, legally... if I remember it correctly....

Does anyone else remember anything along these lines ?
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Mesanne can't put out a newsletter who would trust her with thier account..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,020
    edited September 2022
    popps said:
    Mariah said:

I seem to remember that, years and years back (the early UO Years, perhaps ?), there was for some time, actually, the possibility of selling a UO account to another player, legally... if I remember it correctly....

Click Here

--
    You might also find this link amusing @popps
    Account Access Transfer program: something missing ? | Stratics Community Forums

Since, you know, it was your thread complaining about how bad the system was and you got a reply from a Mythic rep...

-Arroth
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    popps said:
    Mariah said:

Click Here

--
    You might also find this link amusing @ popps
    Account Access Transfer program: something missing ? | Stratics Community Forums

Since, you know, it was your thread complaining about how bad the system was and you got a reply from a Mythic rep...

You know, memory fades away over time.... 2009 means some 13 years ago.... but I feel better now seeing how, in the end, I did remember correctly that there was an Official Transfer program active Years ago....

Perhaps, @Mariah , you might then want to edit your post where you said "It has always been against terms and conditions to sell accounts " since it seems that Years ago there was an official Transfer Program for a fee as possible ?

By the way, what happened to this Program ?