Crafted vs loot

13»

Comments

• AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    This thread is making me miss the days of yore when hanging out at the Second Defense Armory in Moonglow making and repairing armor and weapons while trading lies with the customers was the norm.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    WE REALLY NEED LIKE BUTTON   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Again, I just couldn't practice self control....

I blame you.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
     ;) 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Pawain said:
    So you are not reading Popps Novels?

I prefer the way that UO has worked for 25 years.  You kill this, you can get these.  The way certain things only come from certain encounters makes UO last 25 years.  If we all could get the same items from everything, why would they need to make all the encounters?

I do not like the idea of these ingredients, they should have converted the Doom rewards to the new stuff instead of making us craft them from the old stuff.

Crafting should stay mid game items.

Nobody really reads Popps comments unless they're actively looking for an argument. 

Only real artifacts and rolls for the very top end gear should come from killing stuff. 

Your logic is very skewed and also a catch22. For a samp you need decent gear to take on these top end instances to get...a roll at decent gear. I've got half a plat in my samp and haven't even played it. 

You're not the only one that plays this game. Not everyone enjoys bashing crap over and over hours on end. Not everyone has time to do it. We do have new/returning players that just don't have the skill to do the top end questy crap on a stick they've been feeding us to get gear. 

Leaving those players behind for something as basic as competitive stats gorget, gloves or sleeves is just ridiculous sprinkled with d-baggery. 

Crafting needs a major bump. It doesn't have to provide the best of the best but it needs to be competitive. 

Pawain said:
    If we all could get the same items from everything, why would they need to make all the encounters?

I donno and maybe i'm wrong but i don't seem to recall you complaining about Blackthorn dungeon providing this very thing?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    No I love Blackthorns since it works better with a group.  And I like the glasses version of those items. So having a few repeats is ok.  Especially since they are not the same look. 

There are so many arties there is no way to have them all on one encounter.  You would never get the ones you want.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    I like wearing gear and being armed with kit and weapons I craft myself, except when there is no alternative. All loot either goes on a vendor or in the trash can for clean up points.
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    All of this is a win-more thread...You can literally solo EVERYTHING in this game with just an imbued suit and weapons.  All of these Legendary Artifacts and Artifact drops are just icing on the cake, which are there so you have something to go fight and feel accomplished by getting the drop you want.  I have imbued a suit, solo'd Dreadhorn with that suit, and gotten an Crimson Cincture (eventually), using that very same suit.  Crafting/imbuing is all you need to get started in the endgame, there really isn't a need to do anything more with it at this time.  Also, crafters already make the BiS weapons outside of pvp.  Add splintering to the reforge/imbuing list and watch crafters become the most sought after characters the game has ever seen.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I can do everything in  a journeyman suit this doesn't change the fact that PLAYER made items should be on par with loot  a whole segment of the player base just wants to craft
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    McDougle said:
    I can do everything in  a journeyman suit this doesn't change the fact that PLAYER made items should be on par with loot  a whole segment of the player base just wants to craft
    Show me you soloing slasher tonight, 7 pm ok?
  • SarkonSarkon Posts: 61
    So craft? Player made weapons are the best still.  Make slayers, bank plat, win as crafter?  Not sure why this is even a conversation lol.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,311
    Craftsman have been in need of a boost for a long time. 

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    Sarkon said:
    So go hunt? Farmed armor will be the best still.  Farm gear, bank plat, win as samp?  Not sure why this is even a conversation lol.
    See how easy that can be flipped around and still be 100% true. 

This isn't a crafter vs hunter thread so stop trying to make it that way 

Do you and let those of us that don't enjoy the grind do us. 

Sarkon said:
    So craft? Player made weapons are the best still.  Make slayers, bank plat, win as crafter?  Not sure why this is even a conversation lol.
    What attributes imbued on slayer weapons do you think are wanted by buyers and what should they sell for? I look at paperdolls regularly to inspect the weapons they are carrying, like double axes, but when I craft them, sales are mediocre.
    edited August 2022
    Ben said:
    Sarkon said:
    What attributes imbued on slayer weapons do you think are wanted by buyers and what should they sell for? I look at paperdolls regularly to inspect the weapons they are carrying, like double axes, but when I craft them, sales are mediocre.
    They just want them to be 100% elemental damage.  They want to choose what to imbue. I'd pay 5M per weapon like that.  But I don't need any right now.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Ben said
    Sarkon said:

It's become extremely specific the exact elemental damage for the target 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Pawain said:
    Ben said:
    Sarkon said:
    They just want them to be 100% elemental damage.  They want to choose what to imbue. I'd pay 5M per weapon like that.  But I don't need any right now.
    Whoa! Elemental weapons that are not imbued yet will sell well? I did wonder why my full set of elementals that were not imbued went so quickly, but then again, I sold them all cheaply. I have a load of radiant scimitars, double axes and bladed staffs in each of the elements which I crafted over time and was waiting for a rainy day to imbue as needed. You are telling me these will sell? They all have my maker's mark of Ghost of Gramps on them. Will that make a difference?
    edited August 2022
    Ben said:
    Pawain said:
    Ben said:
    Sarkon said:
    Whoa! Elemental weapons that are not imbued yet will sell well? I did wonder why my full set of elementals that were not imbued went so quickly, but then again, I sold them all cheaply. I have a load of radiant scimitars, double axes and bladed staffs in each of the elements which I crafted over time and was waiting for a rainy day to imbue as needed. You are telling me these will sell? They all have my maker's mark of Ghost of Gramps on them. Will that make a difference?
    Yup that's why.  The 100% elemental damage is a pain to make.  

Then players imbue the things they want for the specific character.

I'd pay 5M each for a Fire and Energy War Hammer.  If you are on a shard I can get to, must have that name!