Lets get EC Ghosting fixed please

This was supposedly fixed in pub last year.  Its very frustrating doing treasures when mobs are showing on your screen that aren't really there.

I shouldn't have to log out and back to resolve.  Can we table new legacy and address a client bug that is really really hindering gameplay?

Comments

• vortexvortex Posts: 136
    Drago said:
    This was supposedly fixed in pub last year.  Its very frustrating doing treasures when mobs are showing on your screen that aren't really there.

I shouldn't have to log out and back to resolve.  Can we table new legacy and address a client bug that is really really hindering gameplay?

+1
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,094
    Can we get any closer to determining what causes it?  It seems to be when you have interacted with a mob in any way, but are off screen from it when it dies. Either you cast an EV and moved on to attack something else, or a mob aggresses on you from a distance, but someone closer to it engages it in combat. It dies, but you don't see it, and it seems your client does not register its death.
    Does that tie up with other people's experience?
    Can anyone add to that, or does anyone disagree with my observation? 
    The more info we can provide, the better our chance of it getting fixed.

I get 'ghosts' of players I've passed too. Not sure what's happening there. Did they die when I wasn't looking? There doesn't seem to be a body where the ghost is.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,401
    It's client based and ghosts are gone after restarting client, so maybe an EC script can be designed to clear the memory.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • vortexvortex Posts: 136
    Seth said:
    It's client based and ghosts are gone after restarting client, so maybe an EC script can be designed to clear the memory.

Yupi find the longer my client is open the more I get ghosts .. There is a big memory leak somewhere.

• OrdoviciaOrdovicia Posts: 36
    edited May 17
    During this event I have to log out every half hour or so to clear all the "ghost" mobs that accumulate in the area. This happens outside this event as well just to much less degree.

Yeah, what Petra_Fyde says makes sense with what I have encountered. A mob I have interacted with, and for whatever reason moved off screen, and dies out of sight. My client then seems to keep a mirror image of where I last saw the mob.

Oh and I am on the EC.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,401
    vortex said:
    Seth said:

Yupi find the longer my client is open the more I get ghosts .. There is a big memory leak somewhere.

If I remember correctly, I have seen weird ghost at an area which I visited first time during a login.  
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,195
    If you see it in dungeon you have to log in dungeon for it to go away 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,094
    McDougle said:
    If you see it in dungeon you have to log in dungeon for it to go away 
    I haven't experienced that. I simply go home and re-start the client completely