Lets get EC Ghosting fixed please

This was supposedly fixed in pub last year.  Its very frustrating doing treasures when mobs are showing on your screen that aren't really there.

I shouldn't have to log out and back to resolve.  Can we table new legacy and address a client bug that is really really hindering gameplay?

Comments

• vortexvortex Posts: 200
    Drago said:
    This was supposedly fixed in pub last year.  Its very frustrating doing treasures when mobs are showing on your screen that aren't really there.

I shouldn't have to log out and back to resolve.  Can we table new legacy and address a client bug that is really really hindering gameplay?

+1
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Can we get any closer to determining what causes it?  It seems to be when you have interacted with a mob in any way, but are off screen from it when it dies. Either you cast an EV and moved on to attack something else, or a mob aggresses on you from a distance, but someone closer to it engages it in combat. It dies, but you don't see it, and it seems your client does not register its death.
    Does that tie up with other people's experience?
    Can anyone add to that, or does anyone disagree with my observation? 
    The more info we can provide, the better our chance of it getting fixed.

I get 'ghosts' of players I've passed too. Not sure what's happening there. Did they die when I wasn't looking? There doesn't seem to be a body where the ghost is.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    It's client based and ghosts are gone after restarting client, so maybe an EC script can be designed to clear the memory.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    It's client based and ghosts are gone after restarting client, so maybe an EC script can be designed to clear the memory.

Yupi find the longer my client is open the more I get ghosts .. There is a big memory leak somewhere.

• OrdoviciaOrdovicia Posts: 36
    edited May 2022
    During this event I have to log out every half hour or so to clear all the "ghost" mobs that accumulate in the area. This happens outside this event as well just to much less degree.

Yeah, what Petra_Fyde says makes sense with what I have encountered. A mob I have interacted with, and for whatever reason moved off screen, and dies out of sight. My client then seems to keep a mirror image of where I last saw the mob.

Oh and I am on the EC.
    vortex said:
    Seth said:

Yupi find the longer my client is open the more I get ghosts .. There is a big memory leak somewhere.

If I remember correctly, I have seen weird ghost at an area which I visited first time during a login.  
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    If you see it in dungeon you have to log in dungeon for it to go away 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    McDougle said:
    If you see it in dungeon you have to log in dungeon for it to go away 
    I haven't experienced that. I simply go home and re-start the client completely
    Drago said:

This seems to be fixed. I don't think I saw any ghosting so far in this Treasures of Deceit 2. 

But I once saw a player's ghost, but double-clicking on it removes the ghost. Besides this, I have not seen any ghosting of monsters. Maybe I don't play long enough each time. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    Seth said:
    Drago said:

This seems to be fixed. I don't think I saw any ghosting so far in this Treasures of Deceit 2. 

But I once saw a player's ghost, but double-clicking on it removes the ghost. Besides this, I have not seen any ghosting of monsters. Maybe I don't play long enough each time. 
    Still there in ec
    Grimbeard said:
    Seth said:
    Drago said:

Still there in ec
    Yup, just saw 3 during my golden hour... cancel last post...  :(
    It's been getting worse... sometimes there are about 5 or more in deciet and I restart ec so I'm not always targeting ghost mobs 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,894
    vortex said:
    It's been getting worse... sometimes there are about 5 or more in deciet and I restart ec so I'm not always targeting ghost mobs 
    It's having to log oit on same level as mobs that makes it difficult 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    It's especially nice when it's ghost ships, or pieces of beacons that block movement.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,942Moderator
    Grimbeard said:
    vortex said:
    It's having to log oit on same level as mobs that makes it difficult 

You don't have to do that. Recall home and restart the client. Much safer.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 282
    Can we get any closer to determining what causes it?  It seems to be when you have interacted with a mob in any way, but are off screen from it when it dies. 
    Don't need to interact with a mob for it to happen. I have seen ghost mobs in a room that I am visiting for the first time that session. I have even seen ghost players (this is on Tram, so I have not been interacting with them either).
  • JenniferMarieJenniferMarie Posts: 286
    edited November 2022
    It has nothing to do with how you interact with a mob or whether a mob dies while on screen or not. (For the record, that "dying off screen" thing is not accurate at all because I solo champ spawns in Fel and it never fails that I will have multiple ghost mobs by the time the champ drops - and as a samp, there is no way these mobs are dying to anything while off screen because I can't cast EVs.)

It's truly a memory issue with EC - just like ghost overlays when going from Fel to Tram (or vice versa) in the same location. A friend has a Fel castle in almost exactly the same spot as my Tram castle - more often than not when he recalls to my house or uses a teleporter tile, he has to log out and back in because his castle is overlayed on mine. I also have had to log out or back in when running graveyards and going between Fel and Tram because I will open a gate and there will still be gate doors in my way. This overlay issue is NOT relegated to just EC - this one also happens in CC - and it's just a memory problem with the game or servers. (I am nowhere near knowledgeable enough about that kind of thing to be more specific.)

The main difference between the ghost mobs and ghost environment is that I can usually bypass the ghost environment by going to a completely different facet (like recall to Luna bank) in between Tram/Fel locations. (So, for example, recall to the Jhelom graveyard in Fel and clear the skeletons then recall to Luna bank then recall to Jhelom graveyard in Tram and there won't be ghost gates or ghost corpses.) But apparently this "fix" doesn't help in CC because my friend has tried it when going from his house to mine and it doesn't work for him.

Whatever patch was implemented to "fix" this has never, ever actually worked because I have never, ever been without ghosts on my screen when running champ spawns or other high mob traffic things.
    ~ Jennifer-Marie

"Insanity is a naturally occurring mutation; humanity has just managed to perfect it." -- JMK [[me]]
    edited November 2022
    It's not as if the "ghost" was something alive on my play screen that left or died and left a "ghost". I can login and see one ghost at a spot that I just touched down.

The client can create a "ghost" knowing this "thing" was here before I arrive baffles me since I didn't even see the original mob or player on my screen. 

Good thing is i seem to remove one player ghost by dbl clicking on it. Will try again to see if this is a consistent solution. It doesn't work on mobs