Shouldn't eggs be shard bound now

Eggs = drops why the difference?
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

  • KazKaz Posts: 72
    edited May 4
    The ingots are shard bound no?

    the amount of transfer tokens needed to move a substantial amount of eggs would be insane.  

    Fill your bank and your pack, youre moving only 250-275 eggs across shards?  Pointless for only 27 dungeon points 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,180
    He does not think his rants thru. 125 pack plus bank amount. 175?

    Maybe he thinks people are paying 29 bucks for transfer tokens to get 5 x 125 more eggs.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,178
    Pawain said:
    He does not think his rants thru. 125 pack plus bank amount. 175?

    Maybe he thinks people are paying 29 bucks for transfer tokens to get 5 x 125 more eggs.
    Shard shields produce free transfers... I've thought about doing this but ultimately transferring eggs from the ground to a back pack (to my bank) back to my back pack is too much clicking.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,180
    edited May 4
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:
    He does not think his rants thru. 125 pack plus bank amount. 175?

    Maybe he thinks people are paying 29 bucks for transfer tokens to get 5 x 125 more eggs.
    Shard shields produce free transfers... I've thought about doing this but ultimately transferring eggs from the ground to a back pack (to my bank) back to my back pack is too much clicking.
    With the price of a vet reward 150M. Free but another item would get you 150M + now.

    But if you have 1 and travel often you run out. It's not worth clearing that much space to hold something lying on the ground on all shards. To me I would have to have another reason to clear the space and do the clicking.

    They recharge 1 per month and do not start full.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,018
    125 in bank 124 plus token in pack 5 packy x 125 = 800+eggs the point being there should be consistency in turn in items 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 355
    Okay spend $20 bucks to transfer 92 points, if you want to do that every 24 hours go for it.  I'm sure the UO team would be fine with that also.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,178
    edited May 4
    McDougle said:
    125 in bank 124 plus token in pack 5 packy x 125 = 800+eggs the point being there should be consistency in turn in items 
    Couldn't remember if you could xfer with animals outside of the stable so I left it out of my previous response but yea that sounds right.

    @Pawain - I'm not saying it's the best idea but 80ish drops (ie a luck quiver) that will net 100-150m seems like reason enough to use shard shields. It also probably wouldn't make sense to claim the shield at this point but I'm sure many others (aside from myself) can attest to the number of tokens they have just sitting on their shields (not counting any they harvest). I've had shard shields for the past 5 years which I barely use and currently have 12 Europa rides I would be looking to use if it was worth it. If someone would give me an EC macro that would move all the eggs from 1 place (backpack/bank/pet) into my main pack and another to auto select those eggs - I'd probably be tempted to do this. I bet it would beat the current drop rate in Destard on ATL right now.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,077
    Well, there are a few holes in this theory. First you can't take packies with shard shield transfers, only back pack and bank.
    You can loot into your back pack - unset your loot bag and then use 'loot all' on the bag the eggs are in (blue bag icon at the top of the container). Can't help with the auto quest mark though.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,178
    Ahh good to know!
  • usernameusername Posts: 248
    Instead of transferring them why not just roll a new char, buy a 500gp horse and go collect them? Save yourself the hassle of the transfer.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 2 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,314
    edited May 4
    McDougle said:
    Eggs = drops why the difference?
    I am beginning to think all shard bound supporters should just play in Siege and leave production shards.

    Or make a few more shards 100 percent shard bound but production rules set.

    And give those affected the time to migrate to fully open economies.

    @Kyronix
    We should make the choice, not forced.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,018
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:
    Eggs = drops why the difference?
    I am beginning to think all shard bound supporters should just play in Siege and leave production shards.

    Or make a few more shards 100 percent shard bound but production rules set.

    And give those affected the time to migrate to fully open economies.

    @ Kyronix
    We should make the choice, not forced.
    In this case i gave no indication of my feelings on shard bound. I simply feel it should be uniform for all items used for turn in. I know multiple people with 1000s of eggs they have until July to move them from a small shard to Atlantic with possible plats in value consistency is a good thing 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,180
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:
    Eggs = drops why the difference?
    I am beginning to think all shard bound supporters should just play in Siege and leave production shards.

    Or make a few more shards 100 percent shard bound but production rules set.

    And give those affected the time to migrate to fully open economies.

    @ Kyronix
    We should make the choice, not forced.
    In this case i gave no indication of my feelings on shard bound. I simply feel it should be uniform for all items used for turn in. I know multiple people with 1000s of eggs they have until July to move them from a small shard to Atlantic with possible plats in value consistency is a good thing 
    So you are saying it is better to have things not shard bound as it would help the economy of those small shard players?  Interesting.  I thought player wanted to leave things on their home shard to help the economy...
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,314
    edited May 5
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:
    Eggs = drops why the difference?
    I am beginning to think all shard bound supporters should just play in Siege and leave production shards.

    Or make a few more shards 100 percent shard bound but production rules set.

    And give those affected the time to migrate to fully open economies.

    @ Kyronix
    We should make the choice, not forced.
    In this case i gave no indication of my feelings on shard bound. I simply feel it should be uniform for all items used for turn in. I know multiple people with 1000s of eggs they have until July to move them from a small shard to Atlantic with possible plats in value consistency is a good thing 
    Economics:

    Prices are driven directly by supply and demand.

    Shard bound restricts supply on a global and makes sense only if each shard is self sufficient.

    For majority of low pop shard, low pop equates to lower supply. Shard Bound makes that worse. We need the ability to Import.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,018
    In reply to @Seth and @Pawain if some drops are shard bound all items used in a like manner should be my feelings on shard bound are irrelevant 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,180
    So after an event has been out for over a month, you want to change the rules.  Good Luck.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,018
    Pawain said:
    So after an event has been out for over a month, you want to change the rules.  Good Luck.
    Well we didn't know the eggs would be used for turn in's until the dungeon started so less than a month.  and it's never to late to do the right thing 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,180
    edited May 5
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    So after an event has been out for over a month, you want to change the rules.  Good Luck.
    Well we didn't know the eggs would be used for turn in's until the dungeon started so less than a month.  and it's never to late to do the right thing 
    I agree. Do the right thing, get rid of all shard bound properties! Freedom to sell what we want, where we want!
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 407
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    So after an event has been out for over a month, you want to change the rules.  Good Luck.
    Well we didn't know the eggs would be used for turn in's until the dungeon started so less than a month.  and it's never to late to do the right thing 
    Indeed, grab some eggs and transfer them to ATL. Nobody is stopping you from that gravy train.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,314
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    So after an event has been out for over a month, you want to change the rules.  Good Luck.
    Well we didn't know the eggs would be used for turn in's until the dungeon started so less than a month.  and it's never to late to do the right thing 
    I agree. Do the right thing, get rid of all shard bound properties! Freedom to sell what we want, where we want!
    +1000000
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 349
    I've benefited from people buying eggs on my shard and transferring to Atl more than I've seen negatives on the shard.  

    The high worth items, however, take a lot of effort and the few obtained should remain on the shard.
    ---
    Chesapeake - Warrior Feigr, Craftsman Brokkr, Tamer Slatra, Rogue Nidingr, Bard Galdr
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,314
    I wished the egg graphics is bigger in the EC since we use the grid pack.

    The smaller graphics would suit the CC backpack. I still don't understand why they can't give CC players a bigger backpack.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 349
    Agreed, but in the meantime you can toggle legacy containers with a click of a button.
    ---
    Chesapeake - Warrior Feigr, Craftsman Brokkr, Tamer Slatra, Rogue Nidingr, Bard Galdr
  • MargeMarge Posts: 605
    I peeked in EC to see the eggs. That size suits no one.
Sign In or Register to comment.