Shouldn't eggs be shard bound now

Eggs = drops why the difference?
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• KazKaz Posts: 123
    edited May 2022
    The ingots are shard bound no?

the amount of transfer tokens needed to move a substantial amount of eggs would be insane.  

Fill your bank and your pack, youre moving only 250-275 eggs across shards?  Pointless for only 27 dungeon points 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    He does not think his rants thru. 125 pack plus bank amount. 175?

Maybe he thinks people are paying 29 bucks for transfer tokens to get 5 x 125 more eggs.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Pawain said:

Maybe he thinks people are paying 29 bucks for transfer tokens to get 5 x 125 more eggs.
    Shard shields produce free transfers... I've thought about doing this but ultimately transferring eggs from the ground to a back pack (to my bank) back to my back pack is too much clicking.
    edited May 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:

Shard shields produce free transfers... I've thought about doing this but ultimately transferring eggs from the ground to a back pack (to my bank) back to my back pack is too much clicking.
    With the price of a vet reward 150M. Free but another item would get you 150M + now.

But if you have 1 and travel often you run out. It's not worth clearing that much space to hold something lying on the ground on all shards. To me I would have to have another reason to clear the space and do the clicking.

They recharge 1 per month and do not start full.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    125 in bank 124 plus token in pack 5 packy x 125 = 800+eggs the point being there should be consistency in turn in items 
  • VioletViolet Posts: 368
    Okay spend $20 bucks to transfer 92 points, if you want to do that every 24 hours go for it.  I'm sure the UO team would be fine with that also.
    edited May 2022
    McDougle said:
    125 in bank 124 plus token in pack 5 packy x 125 = 800+eggs the point being there should be consistency in turn in items 
    Couldn't remember if you could xfer with animals outside of the stable so I left it out of my previous response but yea that sounds right.

@Pawain - I'm not saying it's the best idea but 80ish drops (ie a luck quiver) that will net 100-150m seems like reason enough to use shard shields. It also probably wouldn't make sense to claim the shield at this point but I'm sure many others (aside from myself) can attest to the number of tokens they have just sitting on their shields (not counting any they harvest). I've had shard shields for the past 5 years which I barely use and currently have 12 Europa rides I would be looking to use if it was worth it. If someone would give me an EC macro that would move all the eggs from 1 place (backpack/bank/pet) into my main pack and another to auto select those eggs - I'd probably be tempted to do this. I bet it would beat the current drop rate in Destard on ATL right now.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Well, there are a few holes in this theory. First you can't take packies with shard shield transfers, only back pack and bank.
    You can loot into your back pack - unset your loot bag and then use 'loot all' on the bag the eggs are in (blue bag icon at the top of the container). Can't help with the auto quest mark though.
    Ahh good to know!
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    Instead of transferring them why not just roll a new char, buy a 500gp horse and go collect them? Save yourself the hassle of the transfer.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited May 2022
    McDougle said:
    I am beginning to think all shard bound supporters should just play in Siege and leave production shards.

Or make a few more shards 100 percent shard bound but production rules set.

And give those affected the time to migrate to fully open economies.

@Kyronix
    We should make the choice, not forced.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:
    I am beginning to think all shard bound supporters should just play in Siege and leave production shards.

@ Kyronix
    In this case i gave no indication of my feelings on shard bound. I simply feel it should be uniform for all items used for turn in. I know multiple people with 1000s of eggs they have until July to move them from a small shard to Atlantic with possible plats in value consistency is a good thing 
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:

@ Kyronix
    In this case i gave no indication of my feelings on shard bound. I simply feel it should be uniform for all items used for turn in. I know multiple people with 1000s of eggs they have until July to move them from a small shard to Atlantic with possible plats in value consistency is a good thing 
    So you are saying it is better to have things not shard bound as it would help the economy of those small shard players?  Interesting.  I thought player wanted to leave things on their home shard to help the economy...
    edited May 2022
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:
    McDougle said:

@ Kyronix
    Economics:

Prices are driven directly by supply and demand.

Shard bound restricts supply on a global and makes sense only if each shard is self sufficient.

For majority of low pop shard, low pop equates to lower supply. Shard Bound makes that worse. We need the ability to Import.
    In reply to @Seth and @Pawain if some drops are shard bound all items used in a like manner should be my feelings on shard bound are irrelevant 
    So after an event has been out for over a month, you want to change the rules.  Good Luck.
    Pawain said:
    So after an event has been out for over a month, you want to change the rules.  Good Luck.
    Well we didn't know the eggs would be used for turn in's until the dungeon started so less than a month.  and it's never to late to do the right thing 
    edited May 2022
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Well we didn't know the eggs would be used for turn in's until the dungeon started so less than a month.  and it's never to late to do the right thing 
    I agree. Do the right thing, get rid of all shard bound properties! Freedom to sell what we want, where we want!
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Indeed, grab some eggs and transfer them to ATL. Nobody is stopping you from that gravy train.
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    I agree. Do the right thing, get rid of all shard bound properties! Freedom to sell what we want, where we want!
    +1000000
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 455
    I've benefited from people buying eggs on my shard and transferring to Atl more than I've seen negatives on the shard.  

The high worth items, however, take a lot of effort and the few obtained should remain on the shard.
    I wished the egg graphics is bigger in the EC since we use the grid pack.

The smaller graphics would suit the CC backpack. I still don't understand why they can't give CC players a bigger backpack.
  • FeigrFeigr Posts: 455
    Agreed, but in the meantime you can toggle legacy containers with a click of a button.
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720
    I peeked in EC to see the eggs. That size suits no one.