Artio Champ Spawn : Any Tamers had any luck with getting a Sash ?

2

Comments

  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,263
    McDougle said:
    Popps not sharpest tool in the shed but in your efforts to bash him you failed to read he is wearing luck suit 
    But is he using enhanced client or classic? Or has he upgraded to the classically enhanced client?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,315
    edited March 25
    McDougle said:
    Popps not sharpest tool in the shed but in your efforts to bash him you failed to read he is wearing luck suit 
    Luck suit as in,  lucky if you kill anything?
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 420
    edited March 26
    Pawain said:
    @ popps just copy this tamer template,  you can run consume all day and kill everything.

    Your Bless and heal will be awesome and you res people on first try.
    hmmm, mixing my mage and tamer... sounds nice, with a 6 focus and 197 sdi in reaperF could be fun.. or less tragic at least!... but is Vet really necessary for this template?, I'd swap focus & Myst to give it a run, but would rather put inscription again and get 10% extra dmg, or?

    Here's what my mage's got and he survives just by the teeth of his skin. Suggestions are welcome!


  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,315
    I like the Vet so I can res my pets. 

    Thats a pretty good Mystic Mage you got there.  I would make a new toon for the tamer.

    I took my Tiger form fighter to Origin.  A player gated me to the spawn it had reverted to level 1.  Just he and I were there.  We got it to level 3 but the LS spawn was starting so I parked and did that.  Came back to Origin  the spawn went to level 2.  More showed up.  The Boss popped when the next LS spawn began.  So that was a mess trying to play 3 guys at 2 different spawns.

    Luckily more came to Origin and they were healing me we finished the the boss when LS popped to level 4.  So I was able to get 3 sashes.

    As long as you kill a few things on each level you are fine.  My Tiger did not take a repond slayer so I was doing 30 damage per hit.  When I was able to follow the boss around because I was trying to keep two other guys alive.

    Thanks to those on Origin who helped with that spawn!
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,401
    Got a drop everytime.

    I thought popps has created a new warrior for the last event. Try to use that kill a few at each level and you will be fine.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 1,543
    edited March 26
    " @Archangel, instead of Meditation, use studded/bone armor (then you can refine them too to give + resists since you don't have 45 dci) that will give you more lower mana cost and more resists without loss, drop the meditation and drop magery,mystic,spellweaving to 114/115, and have 60 necromancy and go wraith form, with that much spell damage, you'll have infinite mana as you'll mana leech more than you use" 
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,080
    edited March 26
    drcossack said:
    popps said:
    keven2002 said:
    I'm in the same camp with Riner; I have received a sash every single time except once when I got there at level 3. I even stabled my pet and just used magery/eval on my tamer and still got one. It's pretty simple; EQ / fire field / poison field all lower end stuff ** and then just target a few higher end things like volems are bears (preserving karma). When champ spawns just cast explosion/FS/fireball as many times as u can.

    Granted I do have a max SDI suit but I did this without even using a repond slayer spellbook (champ is repond) and received a sash. 

    ** pro tip: you do not need to actually get the kill shot on the spawn; just damage it and you will receive credit. Don't waste your time dragging a vollem 4 screens away to kill 1 by 1 because you won't collectively do enough damage on the spawn to get credit.

    Note this is also on ATL which in the past has had the most activity (ie goes the quickest). I'd assume it would be even better when you have more time to kill spawn and do more damage on the champ.
    Granted I do have a max SDI suit but I did this without even using a repond slayer spellbook (champ is repond) and received a sash. 

    The SDI on my Suit is only 65 since my Suit is more a Luck Suit (2,385 Luck). Furthermore, I do not have any Evaluate Intelligence but I do have 120 Spellweaving.

    So, Magery spells help me nothing and, unfortunately, with the Developers having decided to have Spellweaving's Word of Death have no effect on Artio, my abilities to do any serious damage on Artio through Spellweaving's offensive spells is quite limited....

    Ok, let me see if I have this right.  You're going to this spawn WITH AN SDI SUIT but your template isn't built around taking advantage of it, because you don't have the skill that actually affects mage spell damage.  I can't even begin to tell you how little sense that makes.

    I have only done this spawn a few times, but I have managed to pull THREE Sashes out of it.  Two of them were done with a Nightmare (120 Wrestle/Tactics/Anat/Chiv all at cap, Armor ignore, max Strength), while one was acquired with a giant beetle: 678 Strength, Poisoning, Rune Corruption, Bleed its abilities.

    I could go to this spawn on Atl with my thrower, who has Fey & Repond weapons (plus a Repond Cameo) and I guarantee I'd have at least one sash by the end of the day.  They aren't that difficult to get.
    The phrase "Granted I do have a max SDI suit but I did this without even using a repond slayer spellbook (champ is repond) and received a sash. " is not from me, I was just quoting it, it is from @keven2002.... 

    I said that the SDI on my suit is 65 and I built it more for Luck...
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,080
    Popps are you hiding during this? I believe hiding has a serious effect on getting rewarded.
    Well, hell yes, when I am being aggroed in order to break that aggro and have the MoBs targetmy pet instead....

    The weapon of a Tamer is the pet.. the Tamer is there to heal the pet and keep it alive, to my opinion.

    Therefore, if anything in the spawn aggroes the Tamer, it is automatic, the Tamer hides to break aggro and keep being able to heal the pet...
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 1,543
    “He’s not hiding, he’s using invisibility, there is no penalty on drops for using invisibility”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,263
    Yoshi said:
    " @ Archangel, instead of Meditation, use studded/bone armor (then you can refine them too to give + resists since you don't have 45 dci) that will give you more lower mana cost and more resists without loss, drop the meditation and drop magery,mystic,spellweaving to 114/115, and have 60 necromancy and go wraith form, with that much spell damage, you'll have infinite mana as you'll mana leech more than you use" 
    I think wraith form mana leech is based on spirit speak so I'm not sure if that would quite work that way? Also you only need 20 necro to stay in form so I think just having 40 (without dropping skills) would suffice there in the event wraith form is still able to leech enough without SS.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 420
    keven2002 said:
    Yoshi said:
    " @ Archangel, instead of Meditation, use studded/bone armor (then you can refine them too to give + resists since you don't have 45 dci) that will give you more lower mana cost and more resists without loss, drop the meditation and drop magery,mystic,spellweaving to 114/115, and have 60 necromancy and go wraith form, with that much spell damage, you'll have infinite mana as you'll mana leech more than you use" 
    I think wraith form mana leech is based on spirit speak so I'm not sure if that would quite work that way? Also you only need 20 necro to stay in form so I think just having 40 (without dropping skills) would suffice there in the event wraith form is still able to leech enough without SS.

    Thanks @Yoshi and @keven2002 sounds very viable. I'll try putting on necro instead of med  for the mana upkeep,.. there never seems to be enough.

    Also thanks @Pawain, you're right, maybe I'll just up- scroll my half baked tamer and lend her the magic skills (yes, tamer is a she, and an elf to boot, before anyone starts, lol) . 

    You're famous as a tamer, do all your taming toons carry vet? If only for rezzing, wouldn't a toon  from another account  with Vet suffice?

    (I've never handled anything bigger than a beetle, although through the magic of pinks I have 120 tam, lore& vet stoned away... but for the life of me I wouldn't know where to begin taming a rabbit!... {downside of said pink's magic, as it were!)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,315
    @Archangel my Archer/tamer does not have vet because the template is too crowded. He uses consume for healing. And uses tough pets since he does a lot more damage than the pet.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 780
    I have a necro mage with spellweaving and he does fine without actually using any of the necro spells on this one.  He has actual 110 Magery and eval taken to 120 with jewelry, and 110 spellweaving.  He uses EV, earthquake and wildfire to kill as much as possible on the first level, direct damage spells to kill as many bears as possible on the second, helps other players on the third to kill the salivas, stays away from the bears on the fourth, and uses a fey slayer to kill the CUs. Repond slayer works great on the boss which is sometimes hard to target.  He takes damage from the boss too often to use the death ray.  He tries to stay near where the boss spawns when the last level begins.  He’s not a super player but the last two times out he got sashes. Do as much damage as you can on you own and work with other players to do more
    that seems to be the key.  Pawain thanks for the template.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,315
    Arnold7 said:
    I have a necro mage with spellweaving and he does fine without actually using any of the necro spells on this one.  He has actual 110 Magery and eval taken to 120 with jewelry, and 110 spellweaving.  He uses EV, earthquake and wildfire to kill as much as possible on the first level, direct damage spells to kill as many bears as possible on the second, helps other players on the third to kill the salivas, stays away from the bears on the fourth, and uses a fey slayer to kill the CUs. Repond slayer works great on the boss which is sometimes hard to target.  He takes damage from the boss too often to use the death ray.  He tries to stay near where the boss spawns when the last level begins.  He’s not a super player but the last two times out he got sashes. Do as much damage as you can on you own and work with other players to do more
    that seems to be the key.  Pawain thanks for the template.
    The Boss is low in fire resist.  I you have SS you could corpse skin her and make it even lower.  Then machine gun fireballs or cast flamestrikes.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 780
    Thanks will give that a try.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,080
    Yoshi said:
    “He’s not hiding, he’s using invisibility, there is no penalty on drops for using invisibility”
    Indeed, I use invisibility as, when being aggroed, Hiding does not work...

    Out of curiosity, if one casts invisibility and THEN uses the hiding skill, would the no drops penalty apply ?

    Also, what about Smoke Bombs with ninjitsu ? Does the no drop penalty apply for using Smoke Bombs to hide ?
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,153
    So i just want to verify, Is the new sash one per character, or can you get multiples on the same one?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,136Moderator
    multiples.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,153
    Mariah said:
    multiples.
    Thank you young lady.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • SethSeth Posts: 2,401
    Back to OP, just figured out:
    1) Stay around from beginning to end.
    2) Damage substantially for each tier.
    3) Stay alive until the boss dies.

    So far I am getting it unless one of the above is not met. (failed 3 times as above)
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,153
    edited March 27
    A Tamer archer does really well. 5 so far today

    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,315
    A Tamer archer does really well. 5 so far today

    He is going to wait until everyone has every item in every color and 50 sashes so he can come complain that the spawn is too difficult.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,153
    Pawain said:
    A Tamer archer does really well. 5 so far today

    He is going to wait until everyone has every item in every color and 50 sashes so he can come complain that the spawn is too difficult.
    I mean, them agitated Grizzly's alone are too tough. they should replace them with apathetic marmosets. THE AUDACITY!!
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,315
     :D 
  • FoosFoos Posts: 59
    If you want to get a sash with a tamer go to the spawn, make sure you have a macro that does something like all kill and automatically targets the closest hostile.  Run that over and over from the start of the spawn (Rabbit and Dire Wolf deaths matter just as much as the boss) you should be fine.  Just keep mashing that key and killing spawn. 
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 405
    Popps, I bet there's a really good tamer on the shard that you play that is there doing the spawn along side you. Maybe you can attentively watch how they work the spawn, what pet they have, what spells they cast, what armor they wear. There's a lot to be learned that way. Patiently imitate their efforts. See if any of what they're doing is helping you to better your efforts.
    Best of luck to you.

  • SethSeth Posts: 2,401
    Seth said:
    Back to OP, just figured out:
    1) Stay around from beginning to end.
    2) Damage substantially for each tier.
    3) Stay alive until the boss dies.

    So far I am getting it unless one of the above is not met. (failed 3 times as above)
    Add one more to my list of possible reasons:
    4) Stay invis for too long. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,176
    See the joke is on you all @popps might come here and ask annoying questions but i bet he's got a dozen slashes by now..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 420
    edited March 29
    well, today I got to the champ as it was ending the 2nd tier,  2 other ppl were there so only 3 of us...
     then started killing some dogs, birds (barely), the grizzlies were obliterated by my Bear SDI slayer.. but when that Artio dude arrived I realized I'd forgotten the repond slayer! :# , so I took the luxury of zipping home, grabbed the book, and got back to the fight spamming RC's nethers, meteors & poison and everything in between... and I did get the sash!!! :D , (even after leaving the spawn to get that book!)   <span>:smiley:</span>

    So just try to kill everything you can and survive... (half the time I was spamming heal on myself while being chased by a bird, lol!)
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,401
    McDougle said:
    See the joke is on you all @ popps might come here and ask annoying questions but i bet he's got a dozen slashes by now..
    Aye, the next thing on the menu is lack of free storage for 2000 eggs and 200 sashes...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
Sign In or Register to comment.