what's your best PlunderPluker so far ?

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,221
    I was thinking this myself... more so from the side of which combo would be the best to have. I bought a mage / reptile slayer one bc I felt like mage would be a good one to have
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,377
    So far I have repond/ice slayer, Mage/reptile and repond/wolf.  I'll probably keep the first two and not the third.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 832
    edited May 8
    I think the best ones are going to be:
    1. Those which no super slayer "flutes of renewal" exist.
    2. Does Fey slayer exist for plunderplucker?  That would be great, and obsolete the cleanup reward.
    3. Certain lesser slayers that I don't think existed before (Bird slayer may be one).

Unfortunately, some of the "narrow" slayers are only 2x dmg, as opposed to 3x dmg.  (Bird is one).  Perhaps those should be beefed up.

You may want to keep the wolf slayer, as it may work for Cu Sidhe.

It'd be great if a new category of slayer was added - "Single Slayer".  e.g. VirtueBane slayer, which would be 3x or 4x to the specific target.

p.s. if you're using EC, use plant dyes to color the slayer instruments unique colors, then they are easy to select with macros.  (otherwise all lutes/flutes/etc are treated equally for selection purposes).
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,181
    edited May 8
    Wolf for Cus.  Need it to discord the LS version of a Cu.  Fey slayer would make the cleanup version obsolete.  

Being a player that kept slayer instruments, I kinda feel dissed with these.  But now I can free up 120 or so spots that had instruments.  And these can be tuned to stones, so that makes it better.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,445
    be cool if they could be equipped 

ArtStation - Bard Final Alban Pllana  Bard Character portraits

Equip instrument:

2 handed, uses musicianship skill in place of weapon skill.
    • 30% bonus to chance to bard, 30% bard dmg / effect bonus.
    1 handed, uses musicianship skill in place of weapon skill.
    • 15% bonus to change to bard, 15% bard dmg/effect  bonus.
    Can have mods (crafting/new arty drops?).

p.s. anybody notice 2 different versions of tamborine can be crafted, with differing amounts of resources needed?   I like how the new lute is only 1 stone :)
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 936
    edited May 8
    fey slayer works on cu's too.

honestly, the 'best' versions of these instruments would be a super slayer with an additional slayer under the same group as the super slayer.*

for example
    Reptile Slayer
    Dragon Slayer
    (This assumes double slayers stack for instruments*)

otherwise, the Iolo's Lute (Demon/undead)
    Gwenno's Harp (Repond/Reptile)
    are better for those groups, as none of the mobs under those categories oppose the other slayers.

I don't remember the name of the Arachnid/Elemental instrument (drums?), but i believe that comes from cleanup points as well.

Fey+Wolf could be good, (if fey spawns on the Plunderplucker) and if the slayer bonuses stack,
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 535
    edited May 9
    All of the major Super Slayers are already covered by previous instruments though. Iolo's Lute has Demon/Undead, Gwenno's Harp has Repond/Reptile, Nature's Tears has Fey Slayer, and you could get Flutes of Renewal for Elemental Slayer, and Arachnid Slayer. That's what i carry on my bards, along with a GM Instrument. Covers basically everything in game.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,181
    ^^^^^^ Well said.

Need a Dino slayer.  o:)
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited May 9
    All of the major Super Slayers are already covered by previous instruments though. Iolo's Lute has Demon/Undead, Gwenno's Harp has Repond/Reptile, Nature's Tears has Fey Slayer, and you could get Flutes of Renewal for Elemental Slayer, and Arachnid Slayer. That's what i carry on my bards, along with a GM Instrument. Covers basically everything in game.

I thought #1 and #3 in my list would have covered all possibilities ... though to cover some possibly not obvious points:
    1. Flutes of renewal come in Arachnid, Demon, Elemental, Repond, Reptile, Undead.
    2. Not everybody has all of the flutes of renewal, so the new reward is a welcome addition, just for the "legacy" super slayers.
    3. Eodon slayer, is that available on the plunderplucker?
    4. Dinosaur, Eodon Tribes, Myrmidex - available?  (these should really be 3x too)
    5. Still the open question of whether Fey slayer is available on plunderplucker.  This behaves like a lesser slayer (good).
    Iolo and Gwenno don't "renew charges" and they weigh much more, so I don't like to use those.
    You can also (technically) generate warnings in EC if the renewal instruments run low on charges.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,377

p.s. if you're using EC, use plant dyes to color the slayer instruments unique colors, then they are easy to select with macros.  (otherwise all lutes/flutes/etc are treated equally for selection purposes).
    I tried to do that, I can dye the older flutes, but it wouldn't let me dye the new lutes?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,080
    I was just curious about others slayers but since we're discussing bard stuff  ;) I have asked many times for equitable instruments and it's always shot down. And honestly no amount of slayers will help bards vs creatures with 160+ barding difficulty toss in totally non-bardable and bards stay second class citizens..
    edited May 9

I tried to do that, I can dye the older flutes, but it wouldn't let me dye the new lutes?

I'll try a work-around to this for EC, with an ETA for reply by May 17, 2024.

Grimbeard said:
    ... no amount of slayers will help bards vs creatures with 160+ barding difficulty toss in totally non-bardable and bards stay second class citizens..

Did you see the concrete proposal above (link) that would help with this?

Tons of potential for some interesting game mechanics changes for bards.
    side note:  the same is true of pets too, imagine some rich context menu additions for controlling the behavior for pets.

Grimbeard said:
    ... no amount of slayers will help bards vs creatures with 160+ barding difficulty toss in totally non-bardable and bards stay second class citizens..

side note:  the same is true of pets too, imagine some rich context menu additions for controlling the behavior for pets.
    Yes like I said I've asked to equip my instruments many times!
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 306
    edited May 9

I got these 2 on live,
    It seems the 'lesser slayer' on plunderplukers also include all the sub-groups of 'super' slayers like goblin, ice, flame , (terathan and ophidian) are triple damage if I remember and I have seen vermin slayer on test server so still yet to confirm if it can also spawn along with repond. While I haven't got them yet, technically you could have alot of great combos for pretty much anything you are hunting. Piper? Vermin + repond, Mephitis? Spider + arrachnid, orc + repond for the orcs beacons. Reptile + Dragon was mentionned for like rikktor/abscess or farming lesser hiryus.  Cus would be nice too if wolf + fey slayer exist, Scorpion + arrachnid to farm Miasma...
    The lesser elemental + elemental super slayer could be great for farming covetous lvl4 with the right setup. Humm Unbound vortex would be air elemental + elemental slayer. 

Some exceptions are a few unique bosses and most demons do not have a lesser slayer.

edited May 10

With Lizardman + reptile, that's an example where you have related slayers.

Doubleclick that instrument, to make sure it's the active instrument.

If you have a 4x legendary bard --
    1. Select energy as the damage type in the mastery book, when discord is the active mastery.
    2. hit a lizardman with the bard discord mastery "despair", and tell us how much damage it ticks for.
    Grimbeard said:

I'm at a loss why you don't jump on the proposal then.  It's a step beyond just asking for instruments to be equippable.

1. Select energy as the damage type in the mastery book, when discord is the active mastery.
    2. hit a lizardman with the bard discord mastery "despair", and tell us how much damage it ticks for.
    Grimbeard said:

I'm at a loss why you don't jump on the proposal then.  It's a step beyond just asking for instruments to be equippable.
    Oh I'm fully in support!
  • GarretGarret Posts: 74
    edited May 10

My combos so far, not find fey or eodon slayers. Any suggestions which is good ? 
    spider/arachnid and orc/repond i guess ?

P.S. it is almost 50% for arachnid for me so if it bug would be cool to see compensation xD

Garret said:

P.S. it is almost 50% for arachnid for me so if it bug would be cool to see compensation xD

if the damage bonuses stack (they do for weapons)  blood ele + demon would work on the Dark Father in doom, due to a bug. specifically for tribulation & Despair (discord mastery spells),  the blood ele slayer part should negate the demon slayer for other barding purposes though.

otherwise, yes orc/repond, & spider/arachnid are nice.

it does seem unusual that there are so many 'Arachnid Slayers'.  I've not claimed any of these yet myself though. so I can't verify if it's just your RNG or not.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    Unfortunately the beacon orc can't be provoked..
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 535

Yep, needs to be seen if the Slayers stack for Despair damage. Test Despair with the Lizardman+Reptile Slayer, then test Despair damage again with just a Lizardman Slayer instrument. See if there's a big damage difference.

Yep, needs to be seen if the Slayers stack for Despair damage. Test Despair with the Lizardman+Reptile Slayer, then test Despair damage again with just a Lizardman Slayer instrument. See if there's a big damage difference.
    Tested dispair with arachnid + spider plunderplucker vs just spider instrument and see no difference sadly. Not tested anti slayer things yet.
    I was able to do a Beacon with only despair and tribulation. Orc slayer and Repond do same damage it should be triple for just orc? Does sdi affect discord mastery?  They are spell songs?
    edited May 13
    Grimbeard said:
    I was able to do a Beacon with only despair and tribulation. Orc slayer and Repond do same damage it should be triple for just orc? Does sdi affect discord mastery?  They are spell songs?
    Same as just orc, sdi have no effect, they are spellsongs and scaling base on other bard skills.

edited May 14

I don't have a matching plunderplucker, but it appears the triple damange slayer for barding doesn't work.  It caps out at super slayer damage (2x) using ordinary slayer instruments.

• Lizardman target
    • Discord mastery set
    • Despair song.
    • 4x legendary (real skill) bard.
    • Energy damage type selected in mastery book
    • Double click specific instrument before test, to select it.
    • Exceptional instrument ticks for 72 dmg.
    • Super slayer (reptile) ticks for 144 dmg.
    • Lesser slayer (lizardman) ticks for 144 dmg.
    If others want to confirm, that's fine.  I may post this to the bugs subforum at some point.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,221
    I wonder if the lesser slayer (ie triple damage usually) is only meant to give a better chance at barding; meaning something that says it cannot be barded (provoked / discorded / peace) becomes bard-able.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,017Moderator
    I don't think that will be the case. The bard skill data we have is that a slayer instrument increases your chance to bard the creature by 20%.
    It would be interesting to see if the figures stacked while attempting to bard a creature with 160 barding difficulty, but I'm not sure if it's really testable, given the randomness prevalent in UO. Barding something with 160 difficulty can sometimes work first time, and sometimes take many, many attempts.
    Mariah said:
    I don't think that will be the case. The bard skill data we have is that a slayer instrument increases your chance to bard the creature by 20%.
    It would be interesting to see if the figures stacked while attempting to bard a creature with 160 barding difficulty, but I'm not sure if it's really testable, given the randomness prevalent in UO. Barding something with 160 difficulty can sometimes work first time, and sometimes take many, many attempts.
    It is testeble, for example cu sidhe paragon, you can't provoke it but if u discord it first you do, so if you have something like wolf  + fey instrument it shuld be provokeable from start if it work this way. But if there is no fey slayer on "plundersomethingsomething" im pretty sure ther is possible to find another one mob as cu sidhe paragon.
    edited May 14
    Mariah said:
      should be possible to test it with a 'crystal ball of knowledge' or 'skill tutor statue', while barding 160 difficulty targets with a double slayer that affects the target.  if you get a different message on the skill check, while using the double slayer vs single slayer you'll know whether it works or not.

ICQ# 478 633 659

Note I tried to use tokuno dyes, as well as the cleanup dyes.  Those also don't work on the plunderplucker.

Here's a work-around.   Background is in this thread (link).

If you get the objectID for the plunderplucker of interest, let's assume it's 1112223333.

Just create a dummy macro, one for each instrument, with like "say bank".  find that in your EC user file, and change the "say bank" line to look like this:
       <UserAction type="UseItem" id="1112223333" iconId="646" targetType="Self" />

I had a macro that looks similiar to this, which has the demon slayer target as the icon (for a plunderplucker demon slayer).  Your id='xx' values will be different.

<UserAction type="Macro" id="30" iconId="875201" name="UsePlunderDemon" repeatEnabled="false" repeatCount="2" binding="">
                    <UserAction type="UseItem" id="1112223333" iconId="646" targetType="Self" />
                </UserAction>

There's a change request in the Broadsword hosted "Customer Service -> Bugs" subforum related to lesser slayers and barding here (link).