A couple of questions about Pirates at the Void Pool

poppspopps Posts: 3,959
edited April 26 in General Discussions

#1) I am mounted, they are on foot yet, when aggravated, they can catch up with me

#2) I am running 100.0 GM Poisoning skill yet, I always get poisoned, eating up orange petals does not help.

#3) They are not Paragons yet, if I cast invisibility on me to break their aggro on me, they reveal me almost right away...

What gives ?

Comments

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 914
    edited April 26
    Why do you have a char in the void pool with poisoning ?  What is the complete template ?
    Why on earth have you amassed 3949 posts since 2017? No wonder you have no time to ply the game

that's another 30 drops lost by the way 

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,137
    edited April 26
    Make a toon to LS, you need no skill. Ill take you on my ship and you will have hundreds of drops like everyone else.

I ll deliver the hats to your home shard.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,044
    Pawain said:
    Make a toon to LS, you need no skill. Ill take you on my ship and you will have hundreds of drops like everyone else.

But in the 19 minutes it takes to transfer he will have lost hats can you fix this?
    edited April 26
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

But in the 19 minutes it takes to transfer he will have lost hats can you fix this?
    No transfer needed.  He is just gonna shoot a cannon with a new toon.  Heck I could put grapeshot in a cannon and he could also do damage to a dread pirate with that and get a hat from those also.

Notice I have kept pirating number close to my chest.  12 hats from a beacon.  All who damage a dread have about an 80% chance for a hat.  With my 4 guys, Ill get at least 3 from each dread, usually 4.

Ill also make him loot the ships, so I can sneak the hats I get into the pirate hold.  I'll tell him hats are in the holds on LS.

Beacons are better solo, you get the 12 hats.  Pirates just give 1 hat.

If you are the only player on your ship and you have more than 1 account, you will get the 12 beacon hats and each of your toons can get a hat from dreads.

I usually have 7 on board because I play with others.

You also can get hats from sea creatures and orcs.

I am about to go out now.  Ill let you know what I get.  Ill press this reply when I begin.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,862
    Should I tell him how I got 300 Hats while reading Stratics?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited April 27
    I did not realize I made the post above and edited in that I was starting.

Stop.  50 Min.  I played with just my accounts, no guests.  Stopping because I usually don't loot cargo because my guests do that.  Had to go sell cargo 3 times.

Gonna take a break and count.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,805
    edited April 27
    The Poisoning skill does not protect you from poisoning spells which is what the void pirates are using. You want to swap the Poisoning skill with the Resisting Spells skill.  Added benefit of having Resisting Spells is you are also protected from the paralyze spells the void pirates also cast on you.
    edited April 27
    Ok 50 Min of Pirating.  

My Crew:  2 archers, 2 tamers.

I did not count exactly what I was killing, I never do but from the items in my bags I could tell:

Was a crap day for beacons.  

2 beacons
    5 Dread Pirates
    2 or 3 non dread ships
    1 Merchant at the end because he looked at me funny.

Tamer/ cannon user  16
    Tamer/cannon user 14
    Archer/Bard   14
    Tamer/bard    14

Total Hats  58
    more than 250k cargo points
    Refinements
    Cannon supplies
    Ingots

I have not counted each toons individual haul before, I am shocked they were near the same.
    Not sure if that was RNG or by design.

I'm used to constant dungeon fighting for an hour with Luck and getting 20 to 30 hats.

Are you getting 58 hats in less than an hour @Popps on Void pool?  I never did even with 2 toons and getting to level 70+ in there.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,326
    Popps, with each succeeding wave the pirates generated become more powerful.  They keep getting better and better until they have more strength, dexterity and intelligence than whoever is playing against them.  Think this is how the Void works.  The Void does not have an end game.  The Void just gets more and more difficult.  This concept is not new to gaming. Back in my arcade days, most arcade machines followed that strategy.  I never really studied the Void so I could be wrong about how it plays, but I’ve seen this style of game play so many times before I don’t think I am.
    When you finish a beacon it is pretty impressive to see the screen light up with explosions of fire and Hats:

My 4th toon behind a screen got the remainder of hats to make 12.

Pawain said:
    When you finish a beacon it is pretty impressive to see the screen light up with explosions of fire and Hats:

My 4th toon behind a screen got the remainder of hats to make 12.

I found it interesting that the potion of glorious fortune didn't affect beacons 
    Ya I'm getting enough hats.  I do have a potion from December.  If there happens to be a large group at Void Pool I will use it then since I doubt Ill need it for a while.
    Pawain said:
    Ya I'm getting enough hats.  I do have a potion from December.  If there happens to be a large group at Void Pool I will use it then since I doubt Ill need it for a while.
    Yeah I wanted to test and had leftover 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,959
    TimSt said:
    The Poisoning skill does not protect you from poisoning spells which is what the void pirates are using. You want to swap the Poisoning skill with the Resisting Spells skill.  Added benefit of having Resisting Spells is you are also protected from the paralyze spells the void pirates also cast on you.
    That's unfortunately the case YET, I see this an error.

I mean, if a character has the Poisoning skill this should by all means protect that character from getting poisoned regardless whether the source of that poisoning comes from a spell or from eating something poisoned or a poisoned weapon.

It is just logical, to my opinion.

I see it as an error that having being GM Poisoner does not provde immuniti to getting poisoned regardless of where that poisoning may come from.
    popps said:
    TimSt said:
    That's unfortunately the case YET, I see this an error.

I mean, if a character has the Poisoning skill this should by all means protect that character from getting poisoned regardless whether the source of that poisoning comes from a spell or from eating something poisoned or a poisoned weapon.

It is just logical, to my opinion.

I see it as an error that having being GM Poisoner does not provde immuniti to getting poisoned regardless of where that poisoning may come from.
    Look at it this way, someone with the Poisoning skill has a vast knowledge of what poisons do what to people and how fast they kill them. A side effect of that is they know the antidotes and can handle them without poisoning themselves, what they do not know how to do is avoid a magical spell that inflicts them with poison, if you want to avoid the poison put Mysticism on your template and use Stone Form or Ninjer and use Unicorn Form. L2P

• looploop Posts: 319
    edited April 27
    TimSt said:
    A tangent from this riveting topic, but I actually don’t think this is true. My character with GM poisoning resists poisons (using it on my treasure hunter while I do low level maps). It’s not 100% immunity.

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,326
    Think what Loop says is true.  My mage poisoner with resist spells, both at 100, rarely was poisoned beyond the lowest level in pvm.  Has been awhile since I played him with poisoning though.
  • SlissSliss Posts: 283
    Pawain said:

This option seems good to you only because you can play it with 4 characters. I tried it with 2 and it's meh at best when compared with a single-character void pool. Individual ships, are almost not worth the time for the number of hats you get. And beacons take time to find. With void pool you are more or less guaranteed hats.

BTW, if you always get 12 from a beacon, does that mean that the glorious fortune potion is not working for it?
    Sliss said:
    Pawain said:

This option seems good to you only because you can play it with 4 characters. I tried it with 2 and it's meh at best when compared with a single-character void pool. Individual ships, are almost not worth the time for the number of hats you get. And beacons take time to find. With void pool you are more or less guaranteed hats.

BTW, if you always get 12 from a beacon, does that mean that the glorious fortune potion is not working for it?
    The potion does not work with pirating. You already get a ton of hats. Kyronix told us it would not work on the sea.

Your two accounts would only get two hats less per dread. I did five dreads so you would have got up to 10 less hats.

I also tried with one and two toons to see results.  The results were not far away but it is more work less fun.

I sink ships with just one reload of cannons.  The six side cannons just need shot twice making 12 shots.  It takes 11 to scuttle orc ships. I do that very quickly.  One toon loads the two front cannons another loads the mid and act cannons.
    Sliss said:
    Pawain said:

The potion doesn't work with beacons 
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 113
    Pawain said:

Tamer/ cannon user  16
    Tamer/cannon user 14
    Archer/Bard   14
    Tamer/bard    14
    I mean maybe this makes sense on LS, but this is less per character than I get spamming summons at one Atlantic void pool.
    Pawain said:

Tamer/ cannon user  16
    Tamer/cannon user 14
    Archer/Bard   14
    Tamer/bard    14
    I mean maybe this makes sense on LS, but this is less per character than I get spamming summons at one Atlantic void pool.
    Yes you are on Atlantic.  The OP is not.  Also the OP could probably not be able to control multiple chars in the Void Pool.  

One of my original intents was to have a friend and I combine resources and station 2 Bards at the last fork singing Peace and Discord songs.  Use our two warriors and on the higher levels attempt to make a stand in front of the two bards.  We would only be actively controlling the warriors.
    We never got around to trying it.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,418
    finally went to the void pool I used my blacksmith/ tailor that has 110 eval 110 mage and 60 med and got 10 hats all i did was dropping poison fields and evs and a few lighting stricks, took about 15/20 mins. very very easy to get hats there.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 532
    edited April 28
    TimSt said:

Actually, Poisoning skill will give you a greater chance of shrugging off Poison status effect when it goes to tick (the higher the level of Poison though, the harder it is to shrug off). It's just that the Archers start to inflict Lethal Poison (Lvl 5) with their Serpent Arrow ability, which even GM Poisoning skill can't easily shrug off. Once the Wave # gets high enough, Resist skill won't work well against the Poison spell either, because the Pirates skills are so high (Magery included) that it just completely overpowers even 120 Resist skill. The best defense against their Poison, is Stone Form with 120 Mysticism/Focus, or Ninjitsu's Unicorn Form (can't cast at all in this form though).
    I use a FWW+PB Najasaurus for Void Pool, and he's completely and utterly immune to all Poison, both the status effect and the damage type. With Consume Damage on him, he's also immune to Physical Damage, so nothing in Void Pool can even scratch him so long as i'm alive.

popps said:

#1) I am mounted, they are on foot yet, when aggravated, they can catch up with me
    Wild creatures (and NPC's) movement speed is based on DEX and their current Stamina %. This is capped at 190 on tamed pets, but it's not capped on wild creatures/NPCs. High Wave # Pirates have incredibly high stats and skills, so they move extremely fast.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,959
    edited April 28
    Wild creatures (and NPC's) movement speed is based on DEX and their current Stamina %. This is capped at 190 on tamed pets, but it's not capped on wild creatures/NPCs. High Wave # Pirates have incredibly high stats and skills, so they move extremely fast.

But this, at least for me, becomes an issue at some point because I do not even have the time to cast invisibility on myself (using Protection for obvious reasons) to break Pirates aggro on me, they catch up with me in no time and, with higher waves, they can kill me pretty fast before I can cast invisibility on myself.

I also noticed that, those rare times that I can cast invisibility on myself before the Pirates catch up with me (at waves like 40-45+) too often I get revealed and then killed. Also, their aggro on me seems to be very hard to be interrupted, only if I am able to stay hidden for some time and not get revealed and they switch target, then I can unhide.

I also noticed that, if I cast area spells which do damage to the Pirates (for example Poison fields or Wildfire), even if there is other players, pets or summons attacking the Pirates and nearer to the Pirate then where I am, they usually stick their aggro on me and even if I run away they disregard the other players/pets/summons attacking them and closer to them and keep running instead after me.

I am not sure why this happens... with other MOBs they usually stick with their nearest attacker whether it was to be a PC, a pet or a Summon... at the Void Pool, instead, say that there is a Triton fighting several Pirates toe to toe, I cast from a distance an area spell be it Wildfire or Poison field (I am much farther as to where the Triton is), immediately one or more Pirates stop fighting the Triton that is right by them and come after my character who is several tiles away from the group.

What gives ? This makes it very difficult, because of their superior speed, to then have my character stay alive.

Bottom line is, I noticed, that at higher waves I almost inevitably end up dead in order to break a Pirate aggro on me and this can be an issue since at higher waves it is not easy to get another player's attention and get a resurrection, everybody is usually in trouble and trying to break Pirates aggro on themselves to be able to stop and resurrect a fellow player.

Personally, I think that it should be made easier to break Pirates aggro on players' characters... as it is now, Pirates stick on players' character and it is very hard to break this aggro and it usually ends up with the player's character ending up dead, at higher waves.

For example, if Pirates at the Void Pool were to be set as their priority to focus on Pets on Summons when nearby, rather then players' characters, this could give a little help to players to break Pirates' aggro on their characters.

Or is there a better way which I have yet to find to break Pirates' aggro on a player's character at the Void Pool ?
    Story of How the Titan God Atlas Held Up the World

Isn’t it weird that when the thread goes cold he comes back with another boring essay

nobody cares that you can’t play the game

like ALL your other posts, the devs won’t change the game to suit you

you just don’t understand this do you

oh and of course you missed out on another 30 hats wasting everyone’s time here 
    Isn’t it weird that when the thread goes cold he comes back with another boring essay

nobody cares that you can’t play the game

like ALL your other posts, the devs won’t change the game to suit you

you just don’t understand this do you

oh and of course you missed out on another 30 hats wasting everyone’s time here 
    That's alright, I got them for him. 

• RinerRiner Posts: 370
    Clearly the pirates keep aggro on you because they have read your posts
This discussion has been closed.