EA UO store not working ... error to many redirects.

Hello all, I have a problem with the EA ultima store. The link just takes me to a dead page saying error to many redirects.
  Not had a problem before. There is a post on EA answer from last week with someone having the same problem, but the reply is to contact ultima team. 
   It is my understanding that EA run the store not the ultima team ... also just today I have seen a post on stractics of another person having the same problem. 
   I have messaged the ultima team but had no reply.
Is anyone else having the same problem as right now I can get no game time or coins for potions.
I am trying to access from the UK if that helps.

Comments

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,852
    Are you running a VPN? I had an issue with that once while running a VPN
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,991Moderator
    A number of other people have reported a similar problem, it appears to be connected to re-directs to other area stores such as UK or Germany etc

• InLorInLor Posts: 412
    Try using a VPN.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • LostyLosty Posts: 3
    Hello all again, thank you for trying to help.
    I have tried using a vpn and still have the same results.
    And thank you for the link Frodo but that just gives me the same results as before.
      I have even asked my friends who don't play uo to try connect to the store on their phones and it's not working for them either.
    Thank you for the info Mariah, I do take some comfort in knowing its not just me.
      I feel this is a problem only EA can sort out if they become aware of the problem.
       Is there anyone from broadsword I could email to maybe help things along?
    Don't use a phone. Try another browser. Try with/without logging in first. Try on another account (you can redeem the code separately). I don't have this issue.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,036
    InLor said:
    Don't use a phone. Try another browser. Try with/without logging in first. Try on another account (you can redeem the code separately). I don't have this issue.
    No one else using windows 11 has the trade window crash either 
  • me got this :  This page is not workingwww.ea.com has redirected you too many times.
    Try deleting your cookies.
    ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS
  • LostyLosty Posts: 3
    GUYS I FIXED IT
    Frodo put me in the right direction ... i changed my language settings in CHROME from English UK to English USA and BOOM!! working first time 
    there seems to be a problem when switching from EA.com to your local language even from USA English to UK English
       The first link Frodo pasted is correct but your browser trys to switch to your local language and this is what is causing the problem.
  • Mene_DrachenfelsMene_Drachenfels Posts: 247
    edited April 20
    It's nice that the English-speaking player part is now happy again and can buy in the EA store - in Germany and elsewhere in Europe, where people don't speak English, there are probably still problems that are not the fault of the user in front of the PC, but clearly once again the operators of EA's webshop!

Honestly, if they want us to quarantine UO in this way, they should say so. But as a customer who still wants to maintain his player accounts and play, shopping there is really no fun anymore. Every few months there are some new features on this site where the paying customers from Europe are forgotten, while the Euro is earned just as hard here as the Dollar or the British Pound...

Unfortunately, it's the weekend now and nobody will lift a finger for us. The store page is causing a redirection error in their system, which EA's system admins should fix as soon as possible - not we as paying costumers.

Greetings Mene (exstremly pissed)

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

(Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)

• psychopsycho Posts: 292

I just want to point out that the problem still exist.
    Im from a EU country, it does not work here. No vpn activated.

I clicked the link from UO.com page ---> https://www.ea.com/games/ultima/ultima-online
    Also tried to browse it on mmrpg games, found it but leads to same error.

(You losing money with this, we should have a mega discount and see the sales fly back again, first sales for 4years here in europe, give us the good prices!)

Thank you

These issues and some others definitely are decreasing potential revenue. When people wanna spend money  - make it frictionless
  • DmitryDmitry Posts: 1
    Losty написал:
    GUYS I FIXED IT
    Frodo put me in the right direction ... i changed my language settings in CHROME from English UK to English USA and BOOM!! working first time 
    there seems to be a problem when switching from EA.com to your local language even from USA English to UK English
       The first link Frodo pasted is correct but your browser trys to switch to your local language and this is what is causing the problem.
    Thank you so much! I also had the same problem and you helped me!
    Well, always try another browser when something isn't working. Firefox, Edge, etc.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,991Moderator

Try this:
    Go to ea.com and scroll right the way to the bottom of the page
    on that page set the language to English United States.

The click on 'Game Library'
    Under Genres, click on MMORPG
    There you will find Ultima Online, and if it works for you as it just did for me, you will be able to purchase.