I've Rocks In My Head

Well, I don't know if I'll ever have any luck convincing devs we should be able to find granite as loot on ships we pirate and pilfer at sea. But how about letting us find ballast stones on ships that can be used to decorate with?

I've recently been to visit the ants to replenish the rarer color seeds and was looking at all the stones in the tunnels. Some I know have been made available. Others I think we're made available for a short time and are rare (not 100% sure on this). But still others have never been made available that I'm aware of.

I'd love to be able to landscape with a variety of these stones...
So can we get more rocks to decorate with? Let us find them next to the granite stashes found on ships. ;o)

Comments

• LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 786
    Really? Nobody wants to build a better pirate cave?!

Speaking of decorating. I was soo close to building a mini Eye of Sauron.
    Doesn't look so great in the picture but animated it's pretty good. Drop a void orb in a pouch that is placed where the electrified posts on a gadgetry table will land. Jack up the pouch, place the gadgetry table. Release and axe the pouch. Jockey the orb using deco tool till it's in the middle of the moving electric charges.

A flaming cannon ball in the middle of the 'eye' looks perfect but it lands behind the orb if you place it in the pouch. And if you put it on the tile diagonally in front X you go through the ceiling just before you can center it on the orb. Bummer! Would love an alternative if someone thinks of anything.

@Cinderella your keep design is great fun to decorate! Almost as fun as it would be if I could create my own keep design then decorate. 
    ;-)

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    I would also love to have some of these stones and I'm sure others would love them too.

I think it would be a good idea if a GM miner has a very rare chance to mine them up. Only paid accounts could benefit from them (since EJ chars can't deco anyways, because of no storage)
    Oh! That’s an even better idea, Cin. I don’t know about super rare chance. Enough of a chance to make mining worth it and enough of a variety of large stones to get that it’ll keep you going. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,687
    LilyGrace said:
    Really? Nobody wants to build a better pirate cave?!

Speaking of decorating. I was soo close to building a mini Eye of Sauron.
    Doesn't look so great in the picture but animated it's pretty good. Drop a void orb in a pouch that is placed where the electrified posts on a gadgetry table will land. Jack up the pouch, place the gadgetry table. Release and axe the pouch. Jockey the orb using deco tool till it's in the middle of the moving electric charges.

A flaming cannon ball in the middle of the 'eye' looks perfect but it lands behind the orb if you place it in the pouch. And if you put it on the tile diagonally in front X you go through the ceiling just before you can center it on the orb. Bummer! Would love an alternative if someone thinks of anything.

@ Cinderella your keep design is great fun to decorate! Almost as fun as it would be if I could create my own keep design then decorate. 
    ;-)

that is so awesome. I love seeing what people do with it. Everybody adds their own unique perspectives.

disclaimer: Sally Trees built the original design during the first contest. I recreated it with permission using screenshots of the outside design. I changed the walls, flooring and added interior walls. (re-creating a look isn't is as easy as it sounds. Especially when  you had never worked on a roof before.)
    Roofs are wicked. I think they came out great on this design. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,407
    I like all the ideas here for new rocks being added.
    some new rocks would be cool.
    so far these are the only ones I could find.

rock.png 332.6K
    That's a nice collection! I don't think I've ever seen the shadow stone you have there.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
    LilyGrace said:
    That's a nice collection! I don't think I've ever seen the shadow stone you have there.
    i cant vouch for all that shadow stone but alot of it comes from the primeval lich spawn in the abyss
    Whitewolf said:
    LilyGrace said:
    i cant vouch for all that shadow stone but alot of it comes from the primeval lich spawn in the abyss
    I'm confused by this primeval lich spawn deal. I've never done it and I guess I was on a long break when it first came into being. But a number of times I've asked someone where such and such an item came from and been told it's from the Primeval Lich spawn and the item can't be gotten anymore.

When I read what's written up in UO Guide regarding the event, it looks like it's an ongoing champ spawn. Then why do people keep saying you can't get such and such an item from it anymore?

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    LilyGrace said:
    Whitewolf said:
    LilyGrace said:
    I'm confused by this primeval lich spawn deal. I've never done it and I guess I was on a long break when it first came into being. But a number of times I've asked someone where such and such an item came from and been told it's from the Primeval Lich spawn and the item can't be gotten anymore.

When I read what's written up in UO Guide regarding the event, it looks like it's an ongoing champ spawn. Then why do people keep saying you can't get such and such an item from it anymore?

It's one of the abyss spawns 
    Yeah, that part I read. But it's players who've said this piece or that piece was from that spawn and you can't get it anymore that I'm curious about. Did it start off with drops that you can't get anymore? Like the drops changed with time? I've never ever heard any player saying they were looking for people to go to this hunt.

The original Treasure of Tokuno was a time I regret missing out on as well.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Like most champ spawns no one gonna be hollering in general chat when doing  even though it's located in abyss it is fel rules and accessible from fel 
    Yeah, not heard anyone over the last years in alliance chat talk of it either but perhaps it's all a schuper scheekret deal with anyone who ever goes.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    As far as I know all the Primeval items are still available, they're listed here:
    Another source of rocks is the Underworld puzzle
    and of course the daily rares Bucc's rock and Papua rock https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/daily-rares/
    Then there's the stealable rock from Doom
    and black lava rocks gained by fishing with a lava proof hook

Would you also count Raw Moonstone from this quest:
    and Fires of Kukuzz, which is a quest item rather than a reward, but from this quest

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,407
    ;)
    Awesome, thanks, @Mariah
    It may be that I'm misremembering that it was items from Primeval that I was told weren't available any longer. Thanks very much for the info.

There were some rocks from Magincia rubble, they're no longer obtainable.
    My husband just told me he thinks I'm misremembering and that it was items from a Khaldun event that I missed out on that offered deco items no longer available. I dunno! Too many events and too many rocks in my head to remember, I guess. ;o}
    edited March 31
    These?
    Which look like this when you first dig them up

Because if you have, or can find someone who has, A caddelite hatchet or pickaxe, you can still get them. I chopped logs and screen shot those 2 rocks within the past 5 minutes.

I forgot a rock!  The live rock from level 4 mib chests (used to make the newer aquariums)

I forgot, once upon a time I was talking about rocks when I showed the Hansel and Gretel house and pirate cave I'd built...and @Dryzzid talked about this boulder set...
    I've no idea where that came from. It was described as a rare. I'm guessing that set isn't available any longer. But I'll bet ya Dryzzid wouldn't mind at all if others were able work at finding a set of their own along with other lovely rocky art. Everybody must get stoned.