Does the paragon boost need a boost?

The time vs reward is still not worth doing 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,142
    Great feedback.  They will easily be able to change something with that quality description.

With a luck statue or potion the top paragons pass the required amount of needed points. If you don't get a drop kill a few low level mobs and you will.

I don't think they could boost them more.

Fewer drops is from the spawn being spread out and not a lot of 1 hit kill mobs in a row.  We are not WW down a hallway  full of mobs.

If you go to winterspur and others are playing, you can get enough mobs that it can be overwhelming. And drops will fall like rain.

I don't know how many drops are in the waste per hour but I don't see how it can be many.

We need lots of mobs to blow thru to get more drops per hour.

I stopped playing my melee guys out of winterspur because there are few opportunities to WW anything.
    My Archer can kill spread out things faster, since the one hit kills are at a distance.

When others are playing with you, the spawn rate is very good IMO.  In beetlescape there is enough spawn for me when I am alone.  I do not have to wait for something to spawn and I can get enough spawn playing half of it.

First event that I have not asked for more spawn.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,049
    Ok specifically if it takes 2 sampire and a tamer with a RC beetle 3 minutes to kill a para ronin should they automatically get a drop? 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,195
    Grimbeard said:
    Ok specifically if it takes 2 sampire and a tamer with a RC beetle 3 minutes to kill a para ronin should they automatically get a drop? 
     I think that's sort of the design of the paragons, to discourage people hogging a spawn and needing help to kill them.

I can only speak to ATL as that's where I've spent majority of my time. There are enough trains of sampires / throwers that the paragons aren't too much trouble when I play (although as they pile up more people catch death robes). Getting a guaranteed drop per paragon would be overkill in this situation. That said, I do see what you are saying about a lower pop shard that doesn't have the trains running. 

However; there is a tradeoff for this. If I was playing a lower pop shard I would avoid killing things with a paragon I couldn't kill relatively easy; so skele drags /oni / rune beetle / ronins would be spawn I lured off or I'd hunt other places. You have that luxury on a lower pop shard because there is tons of space to hunt/lure. On ATL shard, if I were to lure off a skeleton dragon it would be about 30 seconds before people killed it as I was luring it or when I left it somewhere.

I did this similar tactic back during the wildfire event when I was hunting in FEL early AM. I'd lock the balrons (non paragons) away in a cell and not bother to kill them while I used my luck hour because if a paragon spawned, while I could kill it, that would eat into my 60min too much to justify spending that time.
    keven2002 said:
    Grimbeard said:
     I think that's sort of the design of the paragons, to discourage people hogging a spawn and needing help to kill them.

I can only speak to ATL as that's where I've spent majority of my time. There are enough trains of sampires / throwers that the paragons aren't too much trouble when I play (although as they pile up more people catch death robes). Getting a guaranteed drop per paragon would be overkill in this situation. That said, I do see what you are saying about a lower pop shard that doesn't have the trains running. 

However; there is a tradeoff for this. If I was playing a lower pop shard I would avoid killing things with a paragon I couldn't kill relatively easy; so skele drags /oni / rune beetle / ronins would be spawn I lured off or I'd hunt other places. You have that luxury on a lower pop shard because there is tons of space to hunt/lure. On ATL shard, if I were to lure off a skeleton dragon it would be about 30 seconds before people killed it as I was luring it or when I left it somewhere.

I did this similar tactic back during the wildfire event when I was hunting in FEL early AM. I'd lock the balrons (non paragons) away in a cell and not bother to kill them while I used my luck hour because if a paragon spawned, while I could kill it, that would eat into my 60min too much to justify spending that time.
    Luring a great option but it's again paid for time not spent killing 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,195
    Grimbeard said:
    keven2002 said:
    Grimbeard said:

Luring a great option but it's again paid for time not spent killing 

I always "setup" before I pop a luck potion / luck statue. First thing I do when I log in is check my gear to make sure it won't need repaired during battle (anything under 100durb I repair). Then I make sure I have enough necro reags (Vamp form) / potions / petals / etc to help against tougher things. Then I go check out the area I'm going to hunt to make sure it's not busy (at least previous events I did this... I like the trains on ATL to help kill paragons this time).

If there are a couple tough monsters during my initial check; I lure them away and recall out when far enough away. At that point I start hitting statues (luck / loot prevention) and popping pots and then recall back to my hunting ground. I've done this 100's of times without much issue (every once in a while someone will "crash" my hunt).
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,327
    edited November 2023
    Some paragons are not worth the effort if you are playing solo and some are.  I can drop a bone mage para with an ev to keep it busy and two spells, flame strike and energy bolt.  Bone knights take five hits and chase me more.  Beetle paras take between two and four hits and return about half the fame points I get from a normal bone mage or knight.  So I concentrate on bone mages all other things being equal.  Ice elemental paras are easier for me than either the bone mage or knight paras and give me more points so I prioritize those.  I can do normal hiryu dragons without much problem but those paras are not worth the effort solo.  I think it’s part of the game to determine what you can do.  Think bigger paras are intended as group projects   Players playing together can do quite well on those.  Have to agree for me a Ronin para is not worth the effort.  It would take a lot of hits and a lot of time while I can drop a lesser hiryu that has almost as much fame as the para ronin with just two or three hits.  Not really sure how fame works for drops if it accumulates or not.
    Arnold7 said:
    Some paragons are not worth the effort if you are playing solo and some are.  I can drop a bone mage para with an ev to keep it busy and two spells, flame strike and energy bolt.  Bone knights take five hits and chase me more.  Beetle paras take between two and four hits and return about half the fame points I get from a normal bone mage or knight.  So I concentrate on bone mages all other things being equal.  Ice elemental paras are easier for me than either the bone mage or knight paras and give me more points so I prioritize those.  I can do normal hiryu dragons without much problem but those paras are not worth the effort solo.  I think it’s part of the game to determine what you can do.  Think bigger paras are intended as group projects   Players playing together can do quite well on those.  Have to agree for me a Ronin para is not worth the effort.  It would take a lot of hits and a lot of time while I can drop a lesser hiryu that has almost as much fame as the para ronin with just two or three hits.  Not really sure how fame works for drops if it accumulates or not.
    It's entirely fame based but that equation doesn’t take time into consideration and when using a potion time is money literally 
  • Time is always money, However, some time is worth more money than other times.
    (sounds kinda weird to me, but it's true)

I actually feel like the paragons are fair now, compared to previous events it's noticeably better.

The most difficult paragons probably aren't worth killing solo, but with 2+ people (or characters) they can be taken down pretty quickly and won't hinder your drops/hr (unless you die) so much.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • keven2002 said:
    I always "setup" before I pop a luck potion / luck statue. First thing I do when I log in is check my gear to make sure it won't need repaired during battle (anything under 100durb I repair). Then I make sure I have enough necro reags (Vamp form) / potions / petals / etc to help against tougher things. Then I go check out the area I'm going to hunt to make sure it's not busy (at least previous events I did this... I like the trains on ATL to help kill paragons this time).

If there are a couple tough monsters during my initial check; I lure them away and recall out when far enough away. At that point I start hitting statues (luck / loot prevention) and popping pots and then recall back to my hunting ground. I've done this 100's of times without much issue (every once in a while someone will "crash" my hunt).
    I something very similar. Lure off the stuff I do not want to spawn as a paragon or the paragons and then go into my hunting.