Continue to ensure fairness and integrity in the gaming experience for all players=Ban cheat clients

Let's continue this trend of "ensure fairness and integrity in the gaming experience for all players" by only allowing 1 EJ per IP by banning players that use the cheat clients.
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    What I don’t understand is why they aren’t updating our client to be in line with these garage,  basement and homemade clients ? Is it ego pride resentment ? 
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited November 2023
    Skett said:
    What I don’t understand is why they aren’t updating our client to be in line with these garage,  basement and homemade clients ? Is it ego pride resentment ? 
    We'll never know. We've gotten tidbits of updates in 12 years... resolution, gear sets, flying animation, block combat on friendly/pets, open corpses, some of those are decent and all but stuff that REALLY matters, like the targeting system, ctrl+shift object handles, really needs an overhaul.

Why not start easy...

Option to filter out animations on fields/disable spell particles?

Percentages on status bars by 1% increments?

Party bars not completely messing up when a member relogs?

Actual gold/plat amount visible in insurance menu, not just 999,999,999+ if you have over a plat?

Auction safe shows buyer's full name to safe owner, not just A******?

Really, how hard could these things be? 

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited November 2023
    These basement/garage homemade clients, from what I've seen in youtube videos, completely outclass the CC/EC even with assist and give a direct unfair advantage to players that use them. The fact players are risking their account using some unknown Russian hackware client is insanity and the producer of the game completely ignores this. You want a fair playing field? These clients must go.

• psychopsycho Posts: 292
    I understand that Broadsord is OK with this, due to their limitations of the team numbers/economy, however the fact that EA is OK with this is astonishing. Im gonna leave it with two quotes that illustrates the fact:

username said:
    These basement/garage homemade clients, from what I've seen in youtube videos, completely outclass the CC/EC.

username said:
    The fact players are risking their account using some unknown Russian hackware client is insanity and the producer of the game completely ignores this.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator

Do not discuss unapproved 3rd party programs or clients.  This is something on our radar and we aren't going to discuss any action we are taking publicly.  If you want to comment on this topic email uo@broadsword.com