Gloves of the Holy Warrior

I know of guild member that has 120 real necromancy and has the Gloves of the Holy Warrior on. They can cast vampiric embrace and keep form.
Is this an oversight or as intended.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    You only need 100 ish Necro to do that.

He just compensated before he needed to.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KorikKorik Posts: 11
    edited November 2023
    You don't even need 100 Necro to keep vamp form. My samp has 85 Necro with the gloves on and has no trouble. I cast VE with a scroll and leech without any trouble.
  • So what is the minimum skill to keep form?

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Once it's cast no limit just another flaw in the sampire abomination 
  • This will make a sampire even more powerful.

edited November 2023
    Festus said:
    This will make a sampire even more powerful.

Not all of them have Chivalry.  Its 99 Necro is all that is needed to cast.

Or cast with a scroll?  

Once you get it, it stays.
    edited November 2023
    We can assume this thread will push devs to fix the issue but you can cast and maintain VE with no skill at all:

Midnight Bracers - 20
    Juonar's Grim - 15
    Jewelery - 30-40
    Trav Mask - 10
    Bloodwood Totem - 5
    Scabbard - 5

An easy 95 points right there which means you can use a scroll to cast VE. 

Confirmed to work.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,800
    I keep reading this as Gloves of the Holy Water and it would be an undead slayer when used for punching.
    When you drop all skill VE stays on but how long is inconsistent. More testing.
  • i went to test center and did some testing. Had 2 artys with +35 to necro.
    Gave my toon 65.0 in necro. Cast vampiric embrace and took +skill items off. Walked 2 steps and my form went poof with an animation to show it.
    Set my skill to 98.0 put my +skill items back. Cast vampiric embrace, then took +skill items off. Walked a couple of steps and the same animation with the lose of form.
    Did the same thing again but put my skill at 99.0. When I took my +skill items off and walked. I didn't lose form.
    So is the -30 to necromancy on those gloves work correctly?
    What do you mean, work correctly?  Do they not decrease a skill and increase another?

Sampires who do not want to play a switching items game have 99 Necro.  They will have to adjust their necro to compensate for the 30 loss.
  • DrowyDrowy Posts: 131
    Atm they dont have to. With 99 real Necro, wearing the gloves, you still keep Vampire form.
    Drowy said:
    Atm they dont have to. With 99 real Necro, wearing the gloves, you still keep Vampire form.
    Right.  Just leave off and cast.

I think this concept was one of the things that changed soul stone use.  Players were activating vamp form then replacing necro with another skill.

I don't use a sampire much but I'm OK with how vamp form works because other than corpse skin, a necromancer has pretty weak magic. May as well have some use.
  • Drowy said:
    If this is true gloves are perfectly fine for sampires. Waiting for developer comment if this works as intended (or it will be fixed).

As far as i know all other items with +necro skills on them, when taken off removes Vampiric Embrace spell. 
  • I would expect this to be categorized as a bug, but this is UO, inconsistencies seem to be part of the game whether they should be or not.    -I wouldn't be surprised if this gets fixed at some point though.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • looploop Posts: 309
    No way this is not a bug if you're able to maintain VE sub-99. The whole point of this item reads "we don't want sampires to use these."