RONIN : what is necessary to kill these faster ?


As a Warrior, I am finding myself being slowed down quite significantly by when the spawn has Ronins...

I looked them up, and there seem to be no slayer for them (why ?) nor, apparently, their weakness to any resistance is known since, I understand, they cannot be Lored for some reasons.

Has anyone who has been fighting them frequently and, thus, has better knowledge about the Ronins, know what would be needed, as a Warrior, to be able to kill them faster ?

The Paragon Ronin took me a real awfull lot of time to kill, I tried 100% cold/fire elemental weapons (double axes) but they seemed to do the same amount of damage (lacking at the moment energy and poison 100% damage weapons), and, obviously, this slows drops....

I noticed that some players, when Ronins are part of the spawn, tend to skip them, being slower kills, and so they tend to accumulate on the map.

Thank you for the help.

Comments

  • I gave up fighting around the dojo. The ronin take forever to kill, there's tons of them, and the drops on my luck hour, after hitting statue and stacking it with a potion, were terrible.  I got 7 drops.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,979
    LilyGrace said:
    I gave up fighting around the dojo. The ronin take forever to kill, there's tons of them, and the drops on my luck hour, after hitting statue and stacking it with a potion, were terrible.  I got 7 drops.
    Yes, I agree... Ronins take way too much to kill and many players seem to think likewise... that it is best to let them be, rather then try to kill them thus slowingdown one's own drop rate.

    I was hoping, though, that some other player with more knowledge about fighting Ronins perhaps found a way that allowed to kill them faster....
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,029Moderator
    popps said:

    As a Warrior, I am finding myself being slowed down quite significantly by when the spawn has Ronins...

    I looked them up, and there seem to be no slayer for them (why ?) nor, apparently, their weakness to any resistance is known since, I understand, they cannot be Lored for some reasons.

    Has anyone who has been fighting them frequently and, thus, has better knowledge about the Ronins, know what would be needed, as a Warrior, to be able to kill them faster ?

    The Paragon Ronin took me a real awfull lot of time to kill, I tried 100% cold/fire elemental weapons (double axes) but they seemed to do the same amount of damage (lacking at the moment energy and poison 100% damage weapons), and, obviously, this slows drops....

    I noticed that some players, when Ronins are part of the spawn, tend to skip them, being slower kills, and so they tend to accumulate on the map.

    Thank you for the help.

    They can't be lored because they're not animals, they're humans. They're weakest resists seems to be cold. Try a cold damage weapon with EoO or consecrate weapon
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,979
    Mariah said:
    popps said:

    As a Warrior, I am finding myself being slowed down quite significantly by when the spawn has Ronins...

    I looked them up, and there seem to be no slayer for them (why ?) nor, apparently, their weakness to any resistance is known since, I understand, they cannot be Lored for some reasons.

    Has anyone who has been fighting them frequently and, thus, has better knowledge about the Ronins, know what would be needed, as a Warrior, to be able to kill them faster ?

    The Paragon Ronin took me a real awfull lot of time to kill, I tried 100% cold/fire elemental weapons (double axes) but they seemed to do the same amount of damage (lacking at the moment energy and poison 100% damage weapons), and, obviously, this slows drops....

    I noticed that some players, when Ronins are part of the spawn, tend to skip them, being slower kills, and so they tend to accumulate on the map.

    Thank you for the help.

    They can't be lored because they're not animals, they're humans. They're weakest resists seems to be cold. Try a cold damage weapon with EoO or consecrate weapon
    OK, thank you, although, I have 100% cold and 100% fire damage weapons that I tried and cold did not seem to expedite their killing...
  • KronalKronal Posts: 84
    You could use armor ignore instead.  They drop pretty quick with that.
  • Popps are you going to use this forum for EVERY drama you have? this, as with most of your questions can be answered in ten chat.

    This is no way to one shot kill them, a simple online check you can get all the info you nee don them

    Once again, why should others have to play the game for you? cant you do anything for yourself? 
    its not like Ronins haven't been in the game for something like 15 years have they.........

  • poppspopps Posts: 3,979
    Popps are you going to use this forum for EVERY drama you have? this, as with most of your questions can be answered in ten chat.

    This is no way to one shot kill them, a simple online check you can get all the info you nee don them

    Once again, why should others have to play the game for you? cant you do anything for yourself? 
    its not like Ronins haven't been in the game for something like 15 years have they.........

    Well, perhaps my internet searching skills are weak but, I have spent quite sometime looking up about Ronins in Ulltma Online but could not come up with any advice to kill them faster...
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,979
    Kronal said:
    You could use armor ignore instead.  They drop pretty quick with that.
    @Kronal

    Thank you for the Armor Ignore suggestion... do you happen to know about a weapon for swordsmanship that can handle Armor Ignore and Whirlwind as specials ?

    Since Ronins are usually with other spawn, I prefer to use a weapon which can do both specials rather then have to have yet another macro to swap a weapon a go-go...

    Thank you.
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 308

    There doesn't seem to be one.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,029Moderator
    sorry, that weapon does not exist. You could try a bardiche/broadsword/katana/longsword for the armor ignore and couple it with the bushido spell 'momentum strike'
  • KronalKronal Posts: 84
    popps said:
    Kronal said:
    You could use armor ignore instead.  They drop pretty quick with that.
    @ Kronal

    Thank you for the Armor Ignore suggestion... do you happen to know about a weapon for swordsmanship that can handle Armor Ignore and Whirlwind as specials ?

    Since Ronins are usually with other spawn, I prefer to use a weapon which can do both specials rather then have to have yet another macro to swap a weapon a go-go...

    Thank you.

    That's when you switch to non-ronin target in a group and use momentum strike.
  • popps said:
    Popps are you going to use this forum for EVERY drama you have? this, as with most of your questions can be answered in ten chat.

    This is no way to one shot kill them, a simple online check you can get all the info you nee don them

    Once again, why should others have to play the game for you? cant you do anything for yourself? 
    its not like Ronins haven't been in the game for something like 15 years have they.........

    Well, perhaps my internet searching skills are weak but, I have spent quite sometime looking up about Ronins in Ulltma Online but could not come up with any advice to kill them faster...
    where do you find the time for all this research, mass debating and questions? you have 1 precious hour a day remember? no wonder you are not getting drops
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,343
    I play a mage and can kill the normal ones fairly quickly without much risk since Ronins can’t cast spells or use ranged weapons.  In terms of fame the normal ones, 8500 fame, give me a pretty good return on time invested.  The para versions, 11900 fame, clearly do not.  I will help other players kill them as I think they are intended as group projects. Recommend you leave them alone if they take too long for you to kill.  Not sure how long it takes me to drop the normal ones.  Would guess maybe 30 seconds more or less.  Think maybe four or five flame strikes.  Not sure how long a para would take, but time would be measured in minutes since I would likely run out of mana a few times so I leave those alone as far as solo goes.  If one keeps getting in your way, just lead it off to another location.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,979
    popps said:
    Popps are you going to use this forum for EVERY drama you have? this, as with most of your questions can be answered in ten chat.

    This is no way to one shot kill them, a simple online check you can get all the info you nee don them

    Once again, why should others have to play the game for you? cant you do anything for yourself? 
    its not like Ronins haven't been in the game for something like 15 years have they.........

    Well, perhaps my internet searching skills are weak but, I have spent quite sometime looking up about Ronins in Ulltma Online but could not come up with any advice to kill them faster...
    where do you find the time for all this research, mass debating and questions? you have 1 precious hour a day remember? no wonder you are not getting drops
    Well, "some" fighting I have been able, so far, to do...

    The Reforged/Imbued Undead 100% Fire Damage Double Axe that I got brand new for the Tokuno Event is already down to 219 durability from the starting 255 one... and it is not the only one I use as I swap it with other weapons as needed... not to mention, that I wait till 20 or below before repairing... yet, it already is 36 repairs... that is quite a bit of usage, me thinks....
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,312
    edited November 2023
    My PUP has no problem with them.  YES I am playing my Tamer because I enjoy it.  I am getting 6-10 an hour with the Rune Beatles.  Tried the Dojo area and got tired of the Ninjas
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,256
    edited November 2023
    Its funny that Popps just noticed one of the weapons swordsmen have been using for years.  How many years before he makes a Bladed Staff to kill the high end stuff?

    Dont kill the Ronins, drag them away.  No reason to make Paragon versions.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,120
    Good thing popps isn't a bard he'd be really upset..
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,256
    Grimbeard said:
    Good thing popps isn't a bard he'd be really upset..
    Yup, just noticed the durability.  I have to repair weapons and some armor every day.

    I stopped using my melee guy last week and changed to Archer.  His weapon is worn more than Popps.  It has been repaired twice.


    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,979
    My PUP has no problem with them.  YES I am playing my Tamer because I enjoy it.  I am getting 6-10 an hour with the Rune Beatles.  Tried the Dojo area and got tired of the Ninjas
    You know, I also enjoy playing a Tamer more then any other Template yet, because of Tamers' much reduced drop rate, and my limited time to spend at the Tokuno Event, I have to play a Warrior, instead, because of the better drops' rate... there is several items that I want to try to get and there is no way that I could get the necessary points with my Tamer....

    I wished, though, that I "could" get the drops I need with my Tamer, rather then my Warrior...

    Perhaps, if I get to the total of points that I need before the Event ends, I will then play with my Tamer just for the few remaining days...

    Too bad, though, that I have to play a template that I enjoy playing with less then the Tamer I enjoy more...

    Oh well...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,256
    popps said:
    My PUP has no problem with them.  YES I am playing my Tamer because I enjoy it.  I am getting 6-10 an hour with the Rune Beatles.  Tried the Dojo area and got tired of the Ninjas
    You know, I also enjoy playing a Tamer more then any other Template yet, because of Tamers' much reduced drop rate, and my limited time to spend at the Tokuno Event, I have to play a Warrior, instead, because of the better drops' rate... there is several items that I want to try to get and there is no way that I could get the necessary points with my Tamer....

    I wished, though, that I "could" get the drops I need with my Tamer, rather then my Warrior...

    Perhaps, if I get to the total of points that I need before the Event ends, I will then play with my Tamer just for the few remaining days...

    Too bad, though, that I have to play a template that I enjoy playing with less then the Tamer I enjoy more...

    Oh well...
    Get a partner,  Use your tamer, they use a fast moving template, they bring paragons to you to help kill them faster.  Kragg and I did that for more than an hour the other day, was pretty fun.
    Plenty of Mobs in Beetlescape for both to get kills in between paragons.

    Basically a Para Beetle is enough points for a drop, Kill one, go kill 3 or 4 low level mobs, you get a drop.

    I can easily make 15 Beetle paragons in an hour.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I’m using a yumi so no armor ignore. Armor pierce doesn’t seem very effective so using double shot a lot. Ssi isn’t as great as it could be on the bow. So, meh, I dunno, ronin take forever for me so I just leave them alone. Plenty of other stuff to plink at. 
Sign In or Register to comment.