Are they making the event harder by the day?

shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
edited October 2023 in General Discussions
Hello everyone,

Couple of my favorite spots for the event have their mobs changed with harder ones. I went from dying once an hour to dying every 5 minutes. 

I am back after almost a decade so I do not know the default behavior for the events. Do you guys 
know if this change is a random rotation or they made things harder for us? 

If they made things harder on purpose, then WTF Devs/Management? Are you fucking with us? The whole event section on Atlantic has been a fucking collage multibox bot-fest where bots are walking in groups of 6-7 accounts erasing everything on their path without caring who is recording or reporting them. You don't do anything about that, then you go and make things harder for an average Joe?

Comments

• usernameusername Posts: 710
    The events have a base spawn rotation (mostly undead) and then a few monsters that can vary based on the spawn stage. So you'll always get skeletons, zombies, skeleton knight, ghouls, and others, up to skeleton dragons at the highest level. For the slots that change, there are like 2-3 slots for variablet monsters: ninjas, polar bears, walrus, evil mages, elementals, are an example of some of the low/medium spawn that I've seen, and: lady of the snow, tsuki wolf, rune beetle are examples of the high end spawn.

I believe the rationale for the paragon spawn was to combat multiboxers/bots. WELL, let me tell you, it doesn't work. Their programs are set to COMPLETELY IGNORE the high end random/static spawn at these events. I went on Atlantic a few days ago in the early evening to the sand area and saw there were a few paragon skeletal dragons. Grabbed their bars and recalled to luna. 4 hours later, recall back to the sand, and the same bars (same exact monsters) were found in the sand area.

The one thing I don't understand about this one is that in the previous ToTs you had ONE HIGH END monster that rotated every day. Specifically, Deceit, the ossein ram and greater poison elementals were two of the high end monsters I recall. For whatever reason this time around we get stuck with the skeletal dragon EVERY FREAKING DAY plus a random surprise 2nd high end one. @Kyronix is it working properly where we are getting TWO high end ones a day? Seems broken.

Now, they're not too difficult to kill, but can often one shot players if not careful, and have a high chance of dropping an artifact, but again, they were implemented to CURB botting and it's had no effect. So why do they even exist in the first place? Well, they should be removed.

Anyways welcome back to Botima Online. As I've said about these events, there are three ways of playing them:
    1.) legitimately, and waste your time
    2.) 'swipe your credit card' (not literally, I do not support RMT) as the bots fight to flood the market, undercutting each other, buy them and support terrorism
    3.) sit it out in protest.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    or 1) legitimately, get the stuff you need for your own characters and thumb your nose at the RMT lot because you don't need to buy from them?
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    I will go Petra's route.

I play legit, and always get the things I need. I haven't done the event in the past 3 days and I will still be able to get what I want.

If you find an area too difficult, try somewhere else. 

Also depends on what shard you are on and how many people are actively participating.

It seems the paragons this time around don't lock onto you and chase you into the next dimension which I like! I will run them to a far off corner where, hopefully! No one disturbs them if they are ones that I cannot take on myself if I happen to be on when not a lot of other people are.

I can run around The Waste for an hour and get 15-20 drops on my archer with around 1640 luck, less when my luck runs out but still a decent amount, enough to get what I want so..don't listen to people who say *Oh you HAVE to pay to play* because that is simply just not true.

• shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited October 2023
    Thanks for the answers guys, it seems like the rotation is random and it will go back to normal in few days. 

@username yeah, I think the only thing the paragons achieved is making tamers lives miserable. I love playing with tamers in UO. But, for this event I had to start using a sampire, as my tamer was dying every time I tried to take down a paragon.
    or 1) legitimately, get the stuff you need for your own characters and thumb your nose at the RMT lot because you don't need to buy from them?
    That is #1; you are likely wasting your time. At the rate legitimate players are getting them, and the price bots are selling them, you're probably making ~20mil an hour. Now, once again, I don't advocate RMT, I can't advise against it enough (supporting terrorism in game), but it's hard to avoid their advertising... and that ends up being like $1 per hour. 

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    username said:
    That is #1; you are likely wasting your time. At the rate legitimate players are getting them, and the price bots are selling them, you're probably making ~20mil an hour. Now, once again, I don't advocate RMT, I can't advise against it enough (supporting terrorism in game), but it's hard to avoid their advertising... and that ends up being like $1 per hour. 
    I suppose it's time wasted if you judge your game time by how much gold you're making - but I don't play to make gold, I play to have fun. For me it is far better fun to get the items myself, or with friends. Buying everything is not 'playing' by my definition.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    username said:
    I've said in response to you before - play your own game.

Petra does. Therefore she is immune to being annoyed by such issues.

If I am playing for 1 account, the task is to get equipment for that one account, that way I do not need to spend 150m on the item. I also do not need to RMT buy it. It is easy enough to get the items you want. Stop comparing yourself to hypothetical examples. It is not hard to avoid their advertising. It's the same as avoiding adverts on tv, or on the radio.
    edited October 2023
    Cookie said:
    username said:

If I am playing for 1 account, the task is to get equipment for that one account, that way I do not need to spend 150m on the item. I also do not need to RMT buy it. It is easy enough to get the items you want. Stop comparing yourself to hypothetical examples. It is not hard to avoid their advertising. It's the same as avoiding adverts on tv, or on the radio.
    It's not hypothetical at all. I'm telling you a fact. If you can do another activity that earns over 20m an hour, which it's fairly easy to find, the ToT is objectively a waste of time. You're better off doing THAT activity instead and buying the drops. If your goal is to waste your time or be inefficient, then so be it. That's perfectly fine, you're welcome to play the game however you want, just don't lie to me and yourself to cope. The main cope is these ToTs are fun. News flash: they're not fun.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I did it for 20 minutes, it was not fun..i stopped doing it.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    username said:
    It's not hypothetical at all. I'm telling you a fact. If you can do another activity that earns over 20m an hour, which it's fairly easy to find, the ToT is objectively a waste of time. You're better off doing THAT activity instead and buying the drops. If your goal is to waste your time or be inefficient, then so be it. That's perfectly fine, you're welcome to play the game however you want, just don't lie to me and yourself to cope. The main cope is these ToTs are fun. News flash: they're not fun.
    I am back to the game after a very long break. Please tell me about the activity that makes 20mil an hour. I would be forever grateful.

Send me a private message if you dont want to share publicly.

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    username said:

I think I'm missing your point, I don't completely understand what you are saying, so I'll just respond with what I can.

I'm finding the event fun. I know a lot of others who are, and are participating a lot. Yes, there are negatives, it's easy to find negatives in anything. There are a lot of other event types, I do not participate in, and that is fine.

I get about 14 drops an hour per character on average, there are 60 odd days for this, basically, enough time, to earn for yourself anything you want, rather than pay uo gold, or rmt buy it. It's all about choices, make our choices. I could buy the whole game if I wanted, but then what would be the point of playing ? :) 

My 14 drops an hour, at 2m per drop, equate to 28m per hour. In 6 hours, I could earn enough to get a Cameo. My mates who get a Cameo all the time say to me, quicker to do roof and get a cameo. I've never had a cameo drop, I prefer to farm the event for drops, and get my items that way, it is my best farming method. Play how you want, but just because you don;t like this one, don't bring it down for everyone - for me, it is perfect, and I've waited over a year for this. This is the only time you will see me in Trammel for the next year. :)
    edited October 2023
    Just adding my 2 cents, i think the event is fun. My only complaints are:
    - I cant play with my tamer, it dies and barely gets any loot.
    - Bots... Bots everywhere.
    - I wish I could farm faster so I can stock on some items to use for my characters before the event is over.

That  being said... Yeah, I am having fun with the event. But, yeah, please let me know about the content that makes 20 mil an hour.
    Cookie said:
    I think I'm missing your point,
    You are

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    username said:
    Cookie said:
    username said:

So the only reason you are doing this is to make money, how sad.  Maybe you should go play another game.
    shootgun said:
    Just adding my 2 cents, i think the event is fun. My only complaints are:
    - I cant play with my tamer, it dies and barely gets any loot.
    - Bots... Bots everywhere.
    - I wish I could farm faster so I can stock on some items to use for my characters before the event is over.

That  being said... Yeah, I am having fun with the event. But, yeah, please let me know about the content that makes 20 mil an hour.
    You are playing on the wrong shard.
    edited October 2023
    Lord_Frodo said:
    So the only reason you are doing this is to make money, how sad.  Maybe you should go play another game.
    I have never once mentioned how I play this event. Good try fail troll.

username said:
    Lord_Frodo said:
    I have never once mentioned how I play this event. Good try fail troll.
    LMAO  So you telling everyone it is only 20M an hour is nothing, yea right.  Guess you better have your bots go do something else.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    edited October 2023
    Bringing things back to the original post... I'm not sure if it's consistently getting harder each day but I do think that difficulty varies by day.

On Saturday there were lesser hiryus and skele dragons which resulted in a few deaths for me when the hiryus (even if not paragon) would dismount me and someone would run by with a paragon skele dragon which resulted in death usually. It was tricky but manageable if I killed hiryus first and solo'ed the paragon ones.

Sunday I was only able to play for 90min (wish I could have played more so I could have swapped around chars for luck statue hit) and things seemed pretty good in the ice region with the only "trouble" being the occasional paragon skele dragon (no hiryus). I had a great time and felt like more people worked together.

Yesterday... you would have thought that the Devs were told they need to work the next 5 weekends and decided to take their frustration out on the players lol. There were Tsuki wolves / lesser hiryus / frost mites / skele dragons. I died probably 7 times in a little over an hour which is extremely rare for me. Part of the reason for the high number of deaths is because unlike other days, nobody was even trying to kill the paragons and it was VERY clear who was botting when you had the train of 5 chars kiting several paragons (skele drags/hiryu/frost mite/etc). As I would run on screen to find spawn, 2 or 3 paragons switched to me and all it took was 2-3 hits. I didn't enjoy this nearly as much as the bots were basically just taking all the easy stuff and leaving all the paragons for regular people to kill (with 5 sampires they could make quick work with most paragons).

I haven't logged in today but I don't think it could get much harder than it was yesterday...dare I say I think it could only get easier?
    But. I don't want to make 20M per hour. It doesn't interest me, I want to have fun! Yesterday, with a little trepidation, my archer took on a skeleton dragon paragon, and won! I was elated to achieved that without gathering a grey robe. True I took it somewhere I wasn't likely to have other spawn interfere, and where there was a rock I could run it round and around, but that's just good tactics, yes?
    Having succeeded with that I also managed rune beetle and frost beetle paragons the same way. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    But. I don't want to make 20M per hour. It doesn't interest me, I want to have fun! Yesterday, with a little trepidation, my archer took on a skeleton dragon paragon, and won! I was elated to achieved that without gathering a grey robe. True I took it somewhere I wasn't likely to have other spawn interfere, and where there was a rock I could run it round and around, but that's just good tactics, yes?
    Having succeeded with that I also managed rune beetle and frost beetle paragons the same way. 
    WOW, congratulations for the achievement !!

I have been trying to tackle Paragon Skeletal Dragons but solo, I have only collected death robes...

But then, I am a swords melee dexer and have to stay toe to toe... maybe, if I had a macer, it "could" be more feasible...

Anyways, now I just skip them if no other player is around...