Classic Client : anyone knows how to make a Macro to swap single items ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,950
edited October 2023 in General Discussions

Since the Developers decided to diversify the Tokuno spawn with MoBs that require different Slayers and even elemental damage, sometimes, I am in need to make several Macros to be able to swap Weapon or Talisman "on the fly"...

Doing it manually looking at where the item is in sometimes a messed up backpup after dieing and resurrecting just does not do it.... it takes way too long a time...

I have been looking at the Classic Client Macro options but I can only fin an "Equip Last Weapon" which just does not do it (today the spawn needs Dragon slayer for the Hyrius, Undead slayer, Elemental Slayer, Repond for the Elite Ninjas and Beetle for the Rune Beetles), or a Dress/Undress which also does not do it because I do not want to change the entire suit, but only a weapon or a talisman depending on my needs.

So, how is a UO player using the Classic Client supposed to swap Weapons and Talismans with a Macro ?

Anyone knows it and can please help ?

Thank you.

Comments

• ChrilleChrille Posts: 209
    You can make 4 different arm macros a bit lower down form the dress macro.

And why can't you use the dress macros? Even if it just changes the talisman?

Make four macros where you just switch the talisman.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    For your weapons you will need the record arm/arm actions.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    Mariah said:

Thank you.

I was able to make the macros for the weapons and Talisman swapping... only problem now, will be to remember them and not load the wrong items...  :)
  • NonelNonel Posts: 26
    Wow. I had no clue those were added. And that UseObject thing, too!? How long ago did this happen? I could uninstall UOA :D
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,306
    In EC click-on the  macros option from the drop down menu that contains the log off command and click-on the create macros button then choose the “equip items” action and right click edit to edit.  Add your items.  Then choose ok when you are finished to close, and then add add a hot key. Think this is the correct sequence,  When stuff wears out or you want to add something new, just click-on macro option the same drop down menu, click-on the macro and right click to edit.  Think that is the correct sequence.  Do this quite often.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    You can also colour code your items to help you find them in your pack - for example my undead slayer is 100% fire, so bright orange, however I also have fire damage elemental slayer which I'm using on snow and ice elementals. I've dyed that with Berserker red Tokuno dye, mostly so that I can see which one I have in my hand if I forget what I hit last, but I think it would work to help find the weapon in a CC back pack too?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    @popps elite ninjas have no slayer.  

You really just need undead, dragon, and demon. With the beetle talisman.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited October 2023
    Pawain said:
    @ popps elite ninjas have no slayer.  

I thought Repond would work with Elite Ninjas.... didn't look it up, though... just thought it would make sense since they are humans after all... isn't Repond for humanoid NPCs ?

An Elemental slayer weapon can also come handy, for the Paragons...
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    After all the previous events and just daily life you don't have this already?
    You can also colour code your items to help you find them in your pack - for example my undead slayer is 100% fire, so bright orange, however I also have fire damage elemental slayer which I'm using on snow and ice elementals. I've dyed that with Berserker red Tokuno dye, mostly so that I can see which one I have in my hand if I forget what I hit last, but I think it would work to help find the weapon in a CC back pack too?
    That is a good hint to dye a weapon...

I also have a Demon 100% Fire and an Undead 100% fire and just looking at my paperdoll does not help much to tell if I loaded the correct one or hit the wrong macro and loaded the wrong weapon...

Only Tokuno dyes work on weapons or do also crafted dyes work on weapons ?

Isn't there are a "metallic" dye tub ? Does it work on weapons ?
    edited October 2023
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

I thought Repond would work with Elite Ninjas.... didn't look it up, though... just thought it would make sense since they are humans after all... isn't Repond for humanoid NPCs ?

Exactly. Respond excludes humans. Would see that in my tips thread. The elementals just need any weapon. 

Most hold a fire undead weapon and slayer tali. Very little switching needed.

Not covered by Repond

All Minotaurs are ‘bovine’, Humans and Elves are not ‘humanoid’.
  • Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Exactly. Respond excludes humans. Would see that in my tips thread. The elementals just need any weapon. 

Most hold a fire undead weapon and slayer tali. Very little switching needed.

Not covered by Repond

All Minotaurs are ‘bovine’, Humans and Elves are not ‘humanoid’.
    The only thing i switch for is a skeletal Dragon. The undead slayer i have kills everything else pretty quick.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

I play in beetlescape and lead dragons away so I don't make paragons.

I wish the big Tsuki wolf spawn made event mobs.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    popps said:

I also have a Demon 100% Fire and an Undead 100% fire and just looking at my paperdoll does not help much to tell if I loaded the correct one or hit the wrong macro and loaded the wrong weapon...

Yes plant dyes and the metallic tub both work. I just have a lot of old Tokuno dyes and the Berserker red is brightest, so easiest to see.
    popps said:

Yes plant dyes and the metallic tub both work. I just have a lot of old Tokuno dyes and the Berserker red is brightest, so easiest to see.
    OK, thank you for the heads up !