Current State of the ToT On Atlantic

2 minutes on ATL running around. SURELY LEGITIMATE PLAYERS.

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited October 2023
    Of course I've paged on all of them.
    Got the email replies.
    Still there quite a bit later, without pause.

You fking wonder why cheating is so prolific when BLATANT STUFF LIKE THIS IS CONDONED.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 82
    edited October 2023
    Rorschach already told you this isn t the place to report those people it s in game...i beleive you do it the wrong way in game to. It's against the forum rule to post name and video from people even if it seem 100% multiboxing.

edited October 2023
    creampie said:
    ho my god again you doing another thread you open up one each 2 days....dont want to be ban from the forum or what?...@ Rorschach already told you this isn t the place to report those people it s in game...i beleive you do it the wrong way in game to. It's against the forum rule to post name and video from people even if it seem 100% multiboxing.
    Didn't ask for your opinion. I've already reported them in the game too. I'm well aware this forum cannot action people. That's not the point, stop trying to get my posts removed by putting words in to my posts that don't exist. Thanks.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    People post here out of frustration the best solution would be to fix the issue and while I understand not  communicating about it the evidence is clear that nothing is being done 
  • This is why I am no longer doing the event and am scaling down my accts.  considering selling my Atl 18x18 rares house, I will treat this game the way the Devs treat me  contempt 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    Play your own game.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Don't you know ? It's "working as intended".
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 392
    the devs should simplify the process by giving out the artifacts for free ( no turn ins required) and giving the botters 10 platinum each. 
    Smoot said:
    the devs should simplify the process by giving out the artifacts for free ( no turn ins required) and giving the botters 10 platinum each. 
    At this point, it might as well just be a clicky they leave up for a month. At least everyone can get them "fairly".

username said:
    Smoot said:
    At this point, it might as well just be a clicky they leave up for a month. At least everyone can get them "fairly".
    It's been done, and some players whined it was in Felucca, and too hard to get can you believe it?
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
    why is this brought up every event everyone already knows they wont ban paying accounts they will loose to much money.
  • mizchifmizchif Posts: 19
    username said:
    Of course I've paged on all of them.
    Got the email replies.
    Still there quite a bit later, without pause.

You fking wonder why cheating is so prolific when BLATANT STUFF LIKE THIS IS CONDONED.

I was able to Trap a stack of 10 bots by casting natures fury and they followed me for over an hour and a half while I paged repeatedly for a Gm. Never came and they were eventually killed by a skel dragon paragon . The spawn inn the desert is about 97 percent bot and you can see it by  casting a follower type spell and watch them stop to try to kill it. Its actually quite funny.
  • HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    Ever occur to you that broadsword is okay with bots because it improves their bottom line?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Holumer said:
    Ever occur to you that broadsword is okay with bots because it improves their bottom line?
    So say that and let everyone do it same with third party clients 
  • Honestly it's not even worth reporting.  They just don't actually care.  A few events back I reported a consistent and known botter, all that they do is send them a message, and if they reply to said message they are declared not a bot.  all they have to do is set up an auto reply or a message alert so they can get off the couch and send a quick reply and they go right back to it
    edited December 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Holumer said:
    So say that and let everyone do it same with third party clients 

They probably physically cannot, it is not their software, they probably cannot endorse it in anyway, in case anything bad happens.

It's an at your own risk thing.

In my case, I had quit the game, the game was unplayable for me - Classic - PvP. Then someone showed me how to get quality of life UO back, so here I am, with 4 accounts. The way I see it, I have nothing to lose, and can only gain with the extra time/fun I get.

• PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 527
    edited December 2023
    Yep, those huge multi-boxer stacks are why i switched from my Macer/Paladin to my Thrower/Paladin on Atlantic. I don't have to try to chase down the mobs anymore, and so long as i stay away from the multiboxing Throwers/Archers, i can get kills in before the bots do. So many people there on Atlantic that my Thrower is in very little danger of being targeted, so i can pick them off from a distance and rack up kills faster than my Macer/Paladin could having to chase stuff down. Even with less Luck, my Thrower/Paladin gets a little more drops than my Macer, and it's a lot less of a hassle.

Other shards though? My Macer/Paladin is a better option, since i get targeted/swarmed a lot more on other shards.
  • looploop Posts: 307
    Cookie said:
    They probably physically cannot, it is not their software, they probably cannot endorse it in anyway, in case anything bad happens.

It's an at your own risk thing.

In my case, I had quit the game, the game was unplayable for me - Classic - PvP. Then someone showed me how to get quality of life UO back, so here I am, with 4 accounts. The way I see it, I have nothing to lose, and can only gain with the extra time/fun I get.

Think we can separate the “problem” of third party clients vs. botting the game. I put problem in quotes because it’s really not one for the reasons you mentioned. It makes sense that Broadsword wouldn’t endorse the usage of third party apps, and it also makes sense that they wouldn’t penalize users for seeking out a decent client.

Botting, on the other hand, is another cookie (pardon the pun)… to the extent that it negatively impacts other players, anyway.