Cannot Attack event creatures

HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
edited October 2023 in General Discussions
Enhanced Client,
2nd time  today
Cannot attack. Have tried macros, action buttons, double clicking and will not attack the event creatures.
Can attack non event creatures with no problem.
have went in and out of war mode, switched weapons, logged out, restarted the computer twice.

the first time, it started randomly working after the 2nd restart. It is not working now.

Anyone else running into this problem?

Comments

• HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    interesting. So, actively running around, playing, fighting etc and not being asked if we are present is enough to flag us?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,036
    Holumer said:
    interesting. So, actively running around, playing, fighting etc and not being asked if we are present is enough to flag us?
    There are ghost mobs well
    damned ghosts
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    I had this happen to me but it was only some of the mobs, they looked to be frozen in place but I was able to kill other mobs with ease
    Ahh, sounds like shadows. Love that enhanced client glitch 
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    If this happened with the Skele Dragons thet it happened to me too. I relized that sometimes Skele Dragons fly. During their flight you can't hit them.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 808
    edited October 2023
    I think during Deceit I was hit with this because of another group in the area that was largely static.  (It seems to hit all players near that group?).

Many people are hanging out on boats, that may be a common trigger.

p.s. Speaking of ghost mobs, saw about 20 ghost rising colossus over the weekend in one small area.  Likely an easy way to reproduce the problem.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,314
    Maybe you got flagged as a bot.  Program flagged innocent players at the last event in Deciet Dungeon.  No warning or conformation, you just could not harm anything.  If that’s the case, go to Old Haven and kill something.  If you can normally kill stuff there, you likely were flagged.
    otherwise, some stuff in the waste can’t be harmed because of it’s location, some stuff is just an image, ie ghost, usually these have no red in their life line, and occasionally some normal ones just can’t be harmed.  If you are using a ranged weapon, make sure you are in range.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Holumer said:
    Ahh, sounds like shadows. Love that enhanced client glitch 
    I use CC
  • looploop Posts: 309
    edited October 2023
    Bug for the enhanced client goes back to at least 2013: https://community.stratics.com/threads/biggest-current-problems-with-the-enhanced-client.305473/

I know they tried to fix it several months ago, but it's pretty bad in the snowy area of Tokuno on Atlantic -- the worst that I've experienced, probably due to the density of monsters in such a small space.

It's really, really bothersome.

Of course, these generally will show as having 0% health, but I think I have seen them show with some health. Server lines -- around the Citadel, for example -- also can block you from attacking things.