Kyronix, I have a couple of questions (well three...)

poppspopps Posts: 3,950
edited October 2023 in General Discussions
Hi there...

1) - When under the influx of the Store bought Potion one has to log off the character, does the timer "stops" to resume when the player can again play that character ?

If so, as I hope, please, let us also know whether the timer for logging off under combat is deducted because otherwise, since a character that was in combat does not log off immediately, but takes sometime to log off, the Store Bought Potion timer would still keep running until the character that was fighting in Tokuno and, thus, in combat, actually finally can log off....

2) - Same thing for the Luck hour... if the player has to abruptedly stop playing, does the Luck hour timer for that character get stopped and resume when the character logs back in ?

3) - This Event has Revenants a go-go... do the killing of them awards points towards drops ?

Thank you for the answers.

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    edited October 2023
    lol, a veteran player that does not know the answers or have anyone to ask in game

1 and 2 you SHOULD know

3. does it have an event tag?

Pathetic
    Well, while I "might" have an idea, I would still like to hear it from a Developer who actually knows how it works, if possible...

Especially, the part about the 2 minutes logoff timer for a character which was just fighting...

If the Store bought Potion (and the Luck stone timer along with it) do not stop still the moment that a player pushes the LOG OFF button but keep running for those 2 minutes.... well, the player would loose 2 minutes of paid time on the Store bought potion and the Luck which still is needed to that character since the Potion is a boost of 50% of whatever chance the character has given their Luck...

Let's imagine, just for the sake of the discussion, that the Store bought Potion timer stops still the split second that a player hits the LOG OFF button (rgeardless of the 2 minute delay for having just stopped combat) but the Luck Statue timer still runs for those 2 minutes that the player is under the influx of combat, when the player resumes playing on that character, assuming that they started the Luck Statue and the Store bought Potion one right after the other, they will find their character ending the Luck hour about 2 minutes before the Store bought Potion bonus which is means, that for those 2 minutes the effect of the Store bought Potion was less effective since the 50% bonus will not be calculated on top of whatever Luck the character had because of the effect of the Lucj Statue hour...

As in regards to the Revenants summoned by MoBs that do have the tag "of the Feudal Lands", no, Revenants do not have such tag yet, they are cast by MoBs that do have such tag and Revenants still take time to get killed thus slowing down the drops efficiency because they happen to be very, very commonly summoned by MoBs that "do" have the tag "of the Feudal Lands"....

For all we know, the Developers could have very well included them (the Revenants), even if they do not carry such tag, among the fights/kills which award points for drops since they are actually summoned by MoBs carrying such tag and, most importantly, at least to my opinion, because they are very, very frequent and adding up, they can slow the rate of accumulating points for drops quite some...

If they have not been coded (the Revenants) to award points for being fought/killed towards getting a drop, as I am of the opinion that they should be, given their frequency and time necessary to kill, and it was complicated to code such awarding of points for their fighting/killing, at least, the MoBs that summon them (normal and Paragon) could have the points that they award for being fought/killed towards a drop be increased, so as to take into account the added fight with the Revenants and the time necessary, that this tagged MoBs summon.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    edited October 2023
    You want points for pressing Dispel.  :D

Luck statue stops it's timer after your character is gone from the game.

Taking a potion to TC would have been a lot faster than all this writing and debating. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited October 2023
    Pawain said:
    You want points for pressing Dispel.  :D

Luck statue stops it's timer after your character is gone from the game.

Taking a potion to TC would have been a lot faster than all this writing and debating. 
    Well, not all players have Magery to cast dispel.... some actually need to take the time to fight the Revenants...

As in regards to the Store bought Potion... well, considering that it is an item that needs real money to be spent on it, I am of the opinion that, should the player have to log off during the 1 hour validity of the potion, in this case there should be an exception and the timer of the potion (and of the Luck bonus from the Statue that players usually associate with the use of the potion), regardless whether the character was or not in combat mode shortly before logging off, should stop still right when the player presses the LOG OFF button without having to wait for the 2 minutes timer before the character is actually gone from the game.

That is 2 minutes off of 60 for each and every log off that the player needs to sustain during that 1 hour time.... things happen, and not always a player can make sure to have a "solid" 1 hour to play UO straight... things could come up that make it necessary to log off from the game and each and every of those log off would cost the player 2 minutes off of the 1 hour that the Store bough Potion is expected to work....

At least, that is the way I see it.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    So you don't have questions you have opinions.
    I doubt they will change the game mechanics for such a silly reason.

Chivalry can also get rid of Revenants.

Maybe don't use these items until you have 60 minutes to play.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    @popps don't forget it should also pause when we die 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
    LMAO
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    @popps Imbue, or ask someone to imbue a weapon with hit dispel property. It's what my archer uses. Just pick it up to dispel the revenant and then switch back to whatever weapon you were using
    Grimbeard said:
    @ popps don't forget it should also pause when we die 
    Well, dieing is part of the gameplay so, personally, I do not think the timer should pause upon dieing but definitely, particularly for a paid item with real money, logging off due to real life unexpected impediments should stop the timer immediately, not after the 2 minutes combat log off delay...

That is at least how I see it.
    edited October 2023
    @ popps Imbue, or ask someone to imbue a weapon with hit dispel property. It's what my archer uses. Just pick it up to dispel the revenant and then switch back to whatever weapon you were using
    My Warrior already needs to swap weapons a go-go because of the variety of creatures requiring different slayers and I should add another weapon to have to swap just for 1 single foe, the Revenant ?

I thought we played the game for fun, not to get involved into tedious, repetitive annoying tasks...

I find it extremely annoying to do stuff like having to cast all the time Chivalry spells, continuosly, so annoying, that I use a slayer weapon, a slayer Talisman and 100% DI on the suit specifically not to have to use Chivalry spells...

Unfortunately, because the spawn is too varied, I have to swap from Demon to Undead to Beetle to Dragon slayers all the time, both weapon and talisman and having to yet have to swap a weapon again only for Revenants, I mean, I want to play the game for fun, not to get alienated by tedious, repetitive actions...

Also, I use the Classic Client not the Enhanced Client because I hate the EC graphics... so, everything is way more difficult and ackward for me not using all of the marco advantages of the EC...

Sure, if I also used one of those Third Party applications for the Classic Client that cannot be named but which a lot of players use without any problem, apparently, then I would not have all of these problems....

One thing I do not understand... why not to give "green light" to these Third Party applications that "ease up" the Classic Client a whole lot if then quite a number of UO players use them anyways without much problems from using them, I seem to understand, apparently ?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    I cast dispel evil over and over glady as a creature summoning a reverant aren't casting offense spells 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    Someone check my math please?
    1000 sovereigns = $9.99
    Therefore 200 sovereigns (the cost of the potion) = $1.99
    IF $1.99 = 60 minutes then 2 minutes = $0.06 ?

Theoretical situation
    If company A produces an application and then allows company B to interact with that application in such a way that customer C is negatively affected by it, then by allowing company B that access company A is liable for any damages caused. 

As I understand it?
  • Someone check my math please?
    1000 sovereigns = $9.99

Theoretical situation
    If company A produces an application and then allows company B to interact with that application in such a way that customer C is negatively affected by it, then by allowing company B that access company A is liable for any damages caused. 

As I understand it?

You're over paying for sovereigns.  Other than that you premises and math are accurate. 
    edited October 2023
    popps said:
    @ popps Imbue, or ask someone to imbue a weapon with hit dispel property. It's what my archer uses. Just pick it up to dispel the revenant and then switch back to whatever weapon you were using
    My Warrior already needs to swap weapons a go-go because of the variety of creatures requiring different slayers and I should add another weapon to have to swap just for 1 single foe, the Revenant ?

I thought we played the game for fun, not to get involved into tedious, repetitive annoying tasks...

I find it extremely annoying to do stuff like having to cast all the time Chivalry spells, continuosly, so annoying, that I use a slayer weapon, a slayer Talisman and 100% DI on the suit specifically not to have to use Chivalry spells...

Unfortunately, because the spawn is too varied, I have to swap from Demon to Undead to Beetle to Dragon slayers all the time, both weapon and talisman and having to yet have to swap a weapon again only for Revenants, I mean, I want to play the game for fun, not to get alienated by tedious, repetitive actions...

Also, I use the Classic Client not the Enhanced Client because I hate the EC graphics... so, everything is way more difficult and ackward for me not using all of the marco advantages of the EC...

Sure, if I also used one of those Third Party applications for the Classic Client that cannot be named but which a lot of players use without any problem, apparently, then I would not have all of these problems....

One thing I do not understand... why not to give "green light" to these Third Party applications that "ease up" the Classic Client a whole lot if then quite a number of UO players use them anyways without much problems from using them, I seem to understand, apparently ?
    OMG  I LMAO at this popps playing UO for fun is an oxymoron
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    Kind of glossed over discussion but knowing how UO works, the potion is in effect for one hour period.  Does not matter what you do for that hour or if you log off.  You don’t get any credit for killing the relevant because it is a limited time summons.  That’s my opinion.  Think everything I use that has a limited effect time expires when that time is over regardless of whether I am playing or not.  Hope that helps.
    edited October 2023
    1000 sovereigns = $9.99

Theoretical situation

As I understand it?
    Yes, your math is correct... the amount of money lost for 2 minutes is not the point though (it is for "each" logoff that the player has to do during that 1 hour of validity of the Store bought Potion though...), to my humble opinion, I would see it more favourably if those 2 minutes of the Store bought Potion were not lost for the player who has to log off all of a sudden due to real life unespected impediments... 

Theoretical situation

I have no clue what you are talking about there....

That is at least the way I see it.
    popps said:
    1000 sovereigns = $9.99

Theoretical situation

As I understand it?
    Yes, your math is correct... the amount of money lost for 2 minutes is not the point though (it is for "each" logoff that the player has to do during that 1 hour of validity of the Store bought Potion though...), to my humble opinion, I would see it more favourably if those 2 minutes of the Store bought Potion were not lost for the player who has to log off all of a sudden due to real life unespected impediments...
    Why are you even logging off during that 1 hour period.  Are you seriously trying to tell people that you are incapable of playing UO for an hour straight.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Some troll posts have been removed. I believe this post has no satisfactory answer for the OP I am closing it.
This discussion has been closed.