Returning Player - Third Party Apps

Thamior_HolimionThamior_Holimion Posts: 1
edited October 2023 in General Discussions
As a player returning from years of not knowing which clients are appropriate to use, I am seeing if anyone can provide a short list or link to a current thread where one can find which third party apps, if any, that are allowed to be used in conjuction with the vanilla client? 

I remember vaguely UOAssist being a popular choice.

Edit: After strengthening the search criteria, I was able to find the following source:  UOPro - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia  Is this information accurate?

Comments

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 917
    Yes, and UO Cartographer (another map program) was added as well at one point.

Though players these days use whatever they want and nothing happens, despite the ToS violation(s).
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,261

Programs

There were 7 applications accepted into the program.

The final application, UO Calculator, is no longer available.

UOHomeOwner https://uo.stratics.com/xena/uohome.shtml

UORudder https://uo.stratics.com/xena/uorudder.shtml

https://uo2.stratics.com/tools-and-downloads/

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,043
    Time for the developers to step up and provide official updated list @Mesanna @Kyronix ;
    ^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,133
    Grimbeard said:
    Time for the developers to step up and provide official updated list @ Mesanna @ Kyronix 
    First the owners of this site would have to be involved.

Second, this is 2023 now, everyone is suing for everything, I doubt they would approve of any site that could somehow give the perception of your account not being secure when using these site or even selling your email.

In a perfect world they could approve sites. We do not live in that type of world.

They have to have a disclaimer when you open 2 of their own clients.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,415
    Do any of the “approved” map add-ons work with out having to use UOassist 
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    First a disclaimer  
    I don't do PvP so am not talking about that world

I would suggest checking out what EC can do before looking into add on programs. 
    It probably does most of what you want. Then you can better judge what else you need.
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Time for the developers to step up and provide official updated list @ Mesanna @ Kyronix 

Second, this is 2023 now, everyone is suing for everything, I doubt they would approve of any site that could somehow give the perception of your account not being secure when using these site or even selling your email.

In a perfect world they could approve sites. We do not live in that type of world.

We are not talking about SITES we are talking about applications, please learn to read
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,133
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:

We are not talking about SITES we are talking about applications, please learn to read
    Yes I wrote site instead of app. thanks  Cant change now.  So replace site with app.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.