There is no Sash slot item with Luck ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,955
edited October 2023 in General Discussions
I was looking at "viable" ways to increase Luck on my Warrior for the Tokuno Event and I thought to add a Sash with Luck but, to my surprise, checking the UO Wiki, I found none...

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/magic-item-properties/artifact-collection-luck-items/

Some slots pretty much ask for certain items for a Warrior, otherwise I do no see how it is possible to have all the necessary stats to properly fight and stay alive...

Currently, for Luck pieces, I am using the Gorget, Earrings, Shoes and the Quiver slots...

I really do not know what other slots I can "sacrifice" Dexers stats for Luck without making the Warrior unplayable because having more Luck but being no longer capable of fighting and staying alive....

Cannot touch the Talisman slot as I need it for the Slayer to do sufficient damage for the Leeches...

Not even the new Feudal Cloak of Elements will help me much... because it only has 150 Luck versus my Quiver that has 125 Luck so, I will only get to 725 Luck by swapping the Quiver for the Cloak...

Comments

• The luck potion from the store really helps if your not happy with what you can get on your suit
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    Egglett said:
    The luck potion from the store really helps if your not happy with what you can get on your suit
    I gave it a try, in 1 hour, Luck Statue + Store Potion yielded only 35 drops...

Besides the fact that only 1 Luck Statue hour per day is available, I would have to spend 2 bucks a day for several days ?

No thank you.

Ultima Online as compared to other games has a monthly subscription to play it and, for a game this old, it also, at least to my opinion, is not little money.... to "also" have to spend a significant amount of "extra" real money in Store Potions in order to get a sufficient number of drops to claim the rewards I would like to get sounds not reasonable to me...
  • TarkusTarkus Posts: 7
    popps said:
    I was looking at "viable" ways to increase Luck on my Warrior for the Tokuno Event and I thought to add a Sash with Luck but, to my surprise, checking the UO Wiki, I found none...

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/magic-item-properties/artifact-collection-luck-items/

Some slots pretty much ask for certain items for a Warrior, otherwise I do no see how it is possible to have all the necessary stats to properly fight and stay alive...

Currently, for Luck pieces, I am using the Gorget, Earrings, Shoes and the Quiver slots...

I really do not know what other slots I can "sacrifice" Dexers stats for Luck without making the Warrior unplayable because having more Luck but being no longer capable of fighting and staying alive....

Cannot touch the Talisman slot as I need it for the Slayer to do sufficient damage for the Leeches...

Not even the new Feudal Cloak of Elements will help me much... because it only has 150 Luck versus my Quiver that has 125 Luck so, I will only get to 725 Luck by swapping the Quiver for the Cloak...
    Get the warrior luck jewelry set via turn in points.  It’ll give you 30HCI, 60DI, 10SSI and 400 luck. 
    Tarkus said:
    popps said:

Get the warrior luck jewelry set via turn in points.  It’ll give you 30HCI, 60DI, 10SSI and 400 luck. 
    You mean the Soleil Rouge set ?

My current Jewellery give me : 

Dexterity Bonus +13
    Hit Chance Increase 30%
    Defense Chance Increase 30%
    Swing Speed Increase 20%
    Damage Increase 50%

So, with the Soleil Rouge set I would gain the 400 Luck  and 10% DI more but, I would loose the +13 Dex bonus, 10% SSI, the 30% HCI and the 30% DCI ...

I would get more Luck but at the expense of better fighting and survivability unless I can gain those stats (+13 Dex bonus, 10% SSI, the 30% HCI and the 30% DCI ...) on some other item...

But what item can give me back those fighting stats ?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,037
    popps said:
    Tarkus said:
    popps said:

Dexterity Bonus +13
    Hit Chance Increase 30%
    Swing Speed Increase 20%
    Damage Increase 50%

So, with the Soleil Rouge set I would gain the 400 Luck  and 10% DI more but, I would loose the +13 Dex bonus, 10% SSI, the 30% HCI and the 30% DCI ...

I would get more Luck but at the expense of better fighting and survivability unless I can gain those stats (+13 Dex bonus, 10% SSI, the 30% HCI and the 30% DCI ...) on some other item...

You can't have your cake and eat it popps just like real life you have to make choices that being said we need bith a sash and kilt luck item 
    edited October 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Tarkus said:
    popps said:

Dexterity Bonus +13
    Hit Chance Increase 30%
    Swing Speed Increase 20%
    Damage Increase 50%

You can't have your cake and eat it popps just like real life you have to make choices that being said we need bith a sash and kilt luck item 
    Uhu ?

This is not a matter of eating the cake and have it too... a Warrior to kill needs STATS, to survive a Warrior needs STATS...

What good does it do to have high Luck on a Warrior suit if then those stats which a Warrior needs to kill Monsters are not there and the Warrior cannot kill and Leech the Stamina, the Mana, the Life needed to stay alive?

A dead Warrior or who can no longer kill as fast as a Warrior needs to, no matter how high Luck he/she can have on the suit won't get much advantage from that high Luck, right ?
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Tarkus said:
    popps said:

Dexterity Bonus +13
    Hit Chance Increase 30%
    Swing Speed Increase 20%
    Damage Increase 50%

Uhu ?

This is not a matter of eating the cake and have it too... a Warrior to kill needs STATS, to survive a Warrior needs STATS...

What good does it do to have high Luck on a Warrior suit if then those stats which a Warrior needs to kill Monsters are not there and the Warrior cannot kill and Leech the Stamina, the Mana, the Life needed to stay alive?

A dead Warrior or who can no longer kill as fast as a Warrior needs to, no matter how high Luck he/she can have on the suit won't get much advantage from that high Luck, right ?
    I have a studded max luck suit but i SACRIFICE  stats accept and move on 
  • Guys

can you not see he gets off on this?

tissue in hand right now I bet

he wants to argue, he wants to  belittle your comments and sound authoritative

this is classic Popps, does it EVERY time

if he can only get 35 drops with the potion AND luck statute, that tells you all you need to know 

SHITE VETERAN PLAYER 

stop feeding the troll

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,118
    popps said:

I would get more Luck but at the expense of better fighting and survivability 
    Exactly Give and take.  You have learned today.

Crafting is how you replace those stats. You know that dead art that no one does because they don't understand there are specific needs for specific templates.

There is no cookie cutter for this, its trial and error matching your template and what you have, because of shard bound, not everyone can have everything.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    popps said:

I would get more Luck but at the expense of better fighting and survivability 
    Exactly Give and take.  You have learned today.

Crafting is how you replace those stats. You know that dead art that no one does because they don't understand there are specific needs for specific templates.

There is no cookie cutter for this, its trial and error matching your template and what you have, because of shard bound, not everyone can have everything.
    I need to dissent...

If the Event is Designed so that Luck is a fundamental booster for drops, well, then Warriors do have a problem with that since they cannot raise Luck on their suit as a Spellcaster or a Tamer can do...

What is the point of raising Luck on a Warrior suit when then the Warrior cannot swing at 1.25 or does not have sufficient stats to heal at a speed fast enough to stay alive ?

I hear the word "choices" but is there really a choice for a Warrior to raise Luck on the suit when that raising Luck means not being able to fight at an acceptable level or it means not being able to stay alive sufficiently well ?

Choice for what ? To be an incapable fighters or ending up dieing all the time because the Warrior much needed stats were sacrificed for Luck ?

I do not get this "choice" argument.... not when for a Warrior is is EITHER.... OR, not both....

A Spellcaster, a Tamer, a Bard CAN have both... they can have high Luck AND have an efficient fighting and surviving suit...

This is not the same for Warriors....

YET, if drops are designed that they want a high Luck, I do not see how then a Warrior can achieve that high Luck...

We need more items for Warriors that have Luck AND dexers' stats on... only in this way Warriors will be also able to have high Luck AND be a template that can fight and stay alive.....
    edited October 2023
    @popps I have posted and tagged you for at least 3 versions of a warrior luck Suit, I don't waste my time without max SSI. @jepeth.Are you learning something about this guy?  You answer his questions hold his hand then he rebuts or in this case dissents. 
    Build a mage suit and use a Mage bow to kill stuff.  :)
    here is my warrior luck suit i  kill slowly so i never use potions of fortune i use this when lots of others around and i just need a hit or two but i could earn every drop i needed to outfit four accounts with this character only i
    edited October 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    here is my warrior luck suit i  kill slowly so i never use potions of fortune i use this when lots of others around and i just need a hit or two but i could earn every drop i needed to outfit four accounts with this character only i
    May I ask a few questions ?

I see your Luck is 3,340... I assume it is after using the Luck Statue.... what is it before using the Luck Statue ?

I also see that your Stamina is 170... I have always been told that the minimum for a dexer is to have 180 Stamina, not 1 point less... how can you fight well with only 170 stamina ?

Your damage increase is only 15%, not the suggested 100% for a Dexer... even using slayers, by doing less damage, you also Leech less, in Life, Stamina, Mana or are you always casting the Chivalry spells to "make it up" for the low DI on the suit ? I have a real problem with having to spam Chivalry spells... I hate it, 100% DI on the suit has been a blessing for me because it stopped me having to cast every X seconds some Chivalry spell...
    I mean, there is Third Party utilities which automatize the continuous casting of these spells thus making the manual casting of them no longer a nuisance but I do not (and do not want to) use them, which it means that I would have to press a macro key all the time, continuously when fighting, and I hate that.

By the way, your Bow shows no slayer... do you only rely on a Talisman for a slayer ?
    If so, since Talismans for th largest part are with Super Slayers, not having Damage Increase on the suit do I need to understand that you are fighting doing at most 100% damage to your targets rather then the CAP of 300% ?

If so, should't your Leeches leech back very little then ?

I also noticed that your Hit Chance Increase is 0 .... do you miss much ?
    I was told that, with a Dexer which relies in damage done and succesfully landed hits on the Target in order to then make the Leeches effective, Hit Chance Increase was also an important stat to have...

Lastly, of the stats I can see from your Post, your Hit Points I see are 112... they may be OK for an archer, but for a toe to toe Dexer I feel they may not be enough, especially when having to deal with Paragons who can deal severe blows... not to mention, Blood Oath... with too low Hit Points the risk of dieing from Blood Oath is much more increased, right ?

By the way, my questions are only because I am trying to better understand.... I read stats which, from what I was told by fellow players expert about how a dexer should be modelled, are not in line with that and so I get confused as to how someone else might be running a Dexer that diverts significantly from the "general rule", so to speak....
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,800
    A lot of trolling and personal attacks in this thread. Getting my comment in before the thread gets locked.

We are slowly getting luck on each slot item.  If I am not mistaken the sash, belt, and shirt slots are the only ones with out luck so far.  It is just a mater of time before we get luck items in those slots.
    edited October 2023
    TimSt said:
    A lot of trolling and personal attacks in this thread. Getting my comment in before the thread gets locked.

We are slowly getting luck on each slot item.  If I am not mistaken the sash, belt, and shirt slots are the only ones with out luck so far.  It is just a mater of time before we get luck items in those slots.
    Well, to my opinion, the argument is not just about some slots not having an item with the Luck property but, also, to have items for slots of interest to Warriors coming with also Luck on them...

I mean, while an item with LRC, LMC +INT and stuff like that might be mostly of interest to a spellcaster or a tamer or a Bard, a Warrior might like to see Luck put on items with SI, SR, HCI, DI etc. etc.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,992Moderator
    I have removed some posts that do not conform to ToS.
    UO has always been about choices, you make the ones that make sense to you.
    It's why the most powerful loot items have some kind of negative property.
    This forum is not a debating platform. Accept advice, request clarification, but don't argue with every other poster just for the sake of prolonging a 'debate'.

This discussion has been closed.