Treasures of the Feudal Lands is now LIVE!

Comments

• FortisFortis Posts: 410
    if you want  a benchmark i use to waste around 150 durability on my double axe in 1 hour run so it s mass killing
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,800
    My only complaint so far is normally tamable mobs are not tamable if they are marked and hued for the event.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,113
    TimSt said:
    My only complaint so far is normally tamable mobs are not tamable if they are marked and hued for the event.
    You think they are going to give us Ice horses. 
     :D

@Grimbeard they can't. It would ruin the market.  :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,952
    Whitewolf said:
    im not understanding most of these complaints, i play a sampire, i been getting roughly 15 drops an hour with 0 luck, only paragons ive had issues with is paragon skel drag and a paragon Oni, rest of them easily take em toe to toe, there is enough spawn around if ya run low on life you just life leech from them while fighting the paragon.
    When saying that all things are fine and dandy, I think it should also be mentioned what template (skills) is being used, what the gear (armor and weapons), and what combat tactics is being used so that fellow players can try to replicate it and see whether they can also get the same drop rate or not...

If the Template is the same, the armor and the weapons are the same, the tactics used is the same, the results should be the same and if they are not, then the problem is the user at the keyboard, one could think....

But in order to try to replicate the same results (drops rate), clearly, at least to my opinion, players should share their template skills and stats, armor, artifacts, weapons and fighting tactics and then other players can try doing the same and eeing if they get or not same results..
    popps said:
    Whitewolf said:
    im not understanding most of these complaints, i play a sampire, i been getting roughly 15 drops an hour with 0 luck, only paragons ive had issues with is paragon skel drag and a paragon Oni, rest of them easily take em toe to toe, there is enough spawn around if ya run low on life you just life leech from them while fighting the paragon.
    When saying that all things are fine and dandy, I think it should also be mentioned what template (skills) is being used, what the gear (armor and weapons), and what combat tactics is being used so that fellow players can try to replicate it and see whether they can also get the same drop rate or not...

If the Template is the same, the armor and the weapons are the same, the tactics used is the same, the results should be the same and if they are not, then the problem is the user at the keyboard, one could think....

But in order to try to replicate the same results (drops rate), clearly, at least to my opinion, players should share their template skills and stats, armor, artifacts, weapons and fighting tactics and then other players can try doing the same and eeing if they get or not same results..
    When I was 14 I could beat you on my bike then trade bikes and beat you again.  Then when I was 25 I could beat you in my car then trade cars and beat you again.

I can use my suit and get 6 drops per hour, another player can use it and get 20.

It is not the cookie cutter you want it to be.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,952
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Whitewolf said:

When I was 14 I could beat you on my bike then trade bikes and beat you again.  Then when I was 25 I could beat you in my car then trade cars and beat you again.

I can use my suit and get 6 drops per hour, another player can use it and get 20.

Possibly.... nonetheless, I still think that players should at least give a chance to fellow players, sharing their "drops intensive" Templates skills, gear and combat tactics so that fellow players can at least "try" to replicate that drops rate...

It could very well be as you say, yet, without being able to use the same "means" (i.e. same skills template, armor, weapons, combat tactics used), we would never know if the problem is the driver or the vehicle being used...
    edited October 2023
    We know it is the driver in all cases.  Why do you think Jockeys get paid so much, its a 1 - 3  min horse ride.  If was just the horse any skinny person could ride it.
  • Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Whitewolf said:

Challenge Accepted

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Some posts have been removed.
    Can I ask posters, to please develop the self control to not answer certain posters whose posting style annoys you. For the sake of your own blood pressure and the health of the forum.
    Thank you.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170
    edited October 2023
    popps said:
    Pawain said:
    popps said:
    Whitewolf said:

Possibly.... nonetheless, I still think that players should at least give a chance to fellow players, sharing their "drops intensive" Templates skills, gear and combat tactics so that fellow players can at least "try" to replicate that drops rate...

It could very well be as you say, yet, without being able to use the same "means" (i.e. same skills template, armor, weapons, combat tactics used), we would never know if the problem is the driver or the vehicle being used...

You have been giving the recipe to the secret sauce time and time again. The problem is that you want to debate every single person about it. Almost as if you know more than the person trying to help you. I haven't had much time to play the event yet but usually every other event I've done well with a typical Sampire build. Last event there were way too many people in Tram Deceit on ATL 24/7 so I swapped over to a SW tamer with an area damage pet (since I didn't have to worry about PvP). You have both of those templates. Stop spending hours on the forums posting and spend them in the game tinkering around & watching what others are doing.

At the end of the day, you need to play whatever YOU find most successful. Also keep in mind that your version of success probably isn't going to be the same as someone else. That's just life in general so that shouldn't be too hard to grasp.
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 911
    edited October 2023
    popps said:

clearly, at least to my opinion, players should share their template skills and stats, .
    Why Should I ?

I don't remember agreeing to doing what you say

Go ask your friends in game or guild mates like everyone else.....oh wait........
  • Most players I have spoken with are very happy with the event thus far. Thank you for making this one better than the last. 
    edited October 2023
    @Victim_Of_Siege We would have had fun.  My first Car:

Buick Opal Kadet Station Wagon.

Ran it into the back of a too slow Camaro owned by the Varsity QB, Luckily the team sucked that year.  Put the engine into an Opel Manta.

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    edited October 2023
    haha my first car was a 61 comet wagon lol

<3 you win. 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    edited October 2023
    Have played a few times now.  Waste and below volcano areas pretty mage friendly.  Ice area quite playable by two players working together, although think a mage working alone would get frustrated fairly fast here.  But think this level is designed more for group play.  Have not tried the other areas yet.  Get about 5 drops an hour with about 350 luck before clicking on the statue.  Think overall this event is not designed for melee players that depend on everything converging on them like in dungeons.  Shogun creatures are too spread out for that in the areas I play.  Think in spawn areas between volcano and ice area there is likely much more spawn in some of those areas.  Overall think this event is quite playable.  Rewards don’t appeal to me too much so plan on selling most drops which is fine with me.  Think it is odd that the one weapon reward is prized.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
    edited October 2023

• WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
    popps said:
    Whitewolf said:

Ok 84 parry, 120 sword, 120 tacs, 72 chiv, 120 bushido, 120 spell resist, 99 necro.
    not goin to list every piece of my suit but im all 70 resists, with HCI 45 SSI 60, DI 100, and DCI 45, using a undead cameo and my axe is 100% fire with hit fire area 50, hit lightning 50, life leech 62, mana leech 62, SSI 30
    edited October 2023
    Arnold7 said:
    Have played a few times now.  Waste and below volcano areas pretty mage friendly.  Ice area quite playable by two players working together, although think a mage working alone would get frustrated fairly fast here.  But think this level is designed more for group play.  Have not tried the other areas yet.  Get about 5 drops an hour with about 350 luck before clicking on the statue.  Think overall this event is not designed for melee players that depend on everything converging on them like in dungeons.  Shogun creatures are too spread out for that in the areas I play.  Think in spawn areas between volcano and ice area there is likely much more spawn in some of those areas.  Overall think this event is quite playable.  Rewards don’t appeal to me too much so plan on selling most drops which is fine with me.  Think it is odd that the one weapon reward is prized.
    On the spread out.

Note to all:

When more  players are in the spawn areas the spawn becomes thicker.

When the spawn is thin, call players in chat to come get some goodies!

Last night we had an EM event and most went to do that.  The spawn was very thin and slow until the event was over and players came back.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited October 2023
    So I made an attempt to participate in TotFL and was quickly met with examples of how it always goes, even on small shards. I recall into a spot kill 1 or 2 baddies, and some turdball runs up and starts killing everything in sight, single handedly..and then runs off. I call them out in GC for being the tool that they are, and of course they spout all of the usual excuses as to why they behave that way. Anyway, so I've given up on it, yeah I know, go somewhere else where there isn't anyone , I probably could have but didn't. Anyway the point of my reply. Events like these, with items that players want, should, in my opinion, be like Hollywood movies. For 6-8 wks they're in theaters so people who like theaters can go and be the first to see them, but eventually they make it to streaming for the rest of us that don't want to go back to theaters. We still want to see the movie, just not while sitting behind some hacking fool and their 6 kids. Some of us also want some of the new items that are introduced, but we don't want to go through the misery of trying to get them the normal way. That being said, @Kyronix , if you guys are so quick to put Pots of Glorious Fortune for sale to boost participation in these events, after the events over and the bots have had time to sell their tons of drop duplicates, maybe considering putting these items on the ingame store for purchase ? If you'll sell potions for profit, I fail to understand why you won't sell other things for an even greater profit ? And for those that will now tell me to simply farm gold and buy them myself, no, I don't want to farm gold. I"m a grownup with disposable income, if you don't want to put items on the store for sale, put gold on instead, and I"ll buy that, then I"ll buy whatever item I may want from whatever event has recently occurred. I would really love to see a response as to why this isn't a thing,
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • I did notice that pirate ships had event Orcs on them. ima go try that and see how many i can get

edited October 2023
    So I made an attempt to participate in TotFL and was quickly met with examples of how it always goes, even on small shards. I recall into a spot kill 1 or 2 baddies, and some turdball runs up and starts killing everything in sight, single handedly..and then runs off. I call them out in GC for being the tool that they are, and of course they spout all of the usual excuses as to why they behave that way. Anyway, so I've given up on it, yeah I know, go somewhere else where there isn't anyone , I probably could have but didn't. Anyway the point of my reply. Events like these, with items that players want, should, in my opinion, be like Hollywood movies. For 6-8 wks they're in theaters so people who like theaters can go and be the first to see them, but eventually they make it to streaming for the rest of us that don't want to go back to theaters. We still want to see the movie, just not while sitting behind some hacking fool and their 6 kids. Some of us also want some of the new items that are introduced, but we don't want to go through the misery of trying to get them the normal way. That being said, @ Kyronix , if you guys are so quick to put Pots of Glorious Fortune for sale to boost participation in these events, after the events over and the bots have had time to sell their tons of drop duplicates, maybe considering putting these items on the ingame store for purchase ? If you'll sell potions for profit, I fail to understand why you won't sell other things for an even greater profit ? And for those that will now tell me to simply farm gold and buy them myself, no, I don't want to farm gold. I"m a grownup with disposable income, if you don't want to put items on the store for sale, put gold on instead, and I"ll buy that, then I"ll buy whatever item I may want from whatever event has recently occurred. I would really love to see a response as to why this isn't a thing,
    That was a very helpful Post Thanks for your feedback.

Will will immediately change the game based on feedback from someone who played for 10 seconds.
  • Pawain said:
     <3 you win. 
    My first actual car bought with my money was a '69 F100 longbed with a 352. I bored it and put a big ole cam in it. Then spent the rest of it's life replacing the drive shaft . . .

But back to the Topic of the Thread. I am hoping to get enought to get a couple of items but it's looking like that'll be difficult with the way it is spread out. hopefully people will have th items for sale here and there

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Pawain said:
    So I made an attempt to participate in TotFL and was quickly met with examples of how it always goes, even on small shards. I recall into a spot kill 1 or 2 baddies, and some turdball runs up and starts killing everything in sight, single handedly..and then runs off. I call them out in GC for being the tool that they are, and of course they spout all of the usual excuses as to why they behave that way. Anyway, so I've given up on it, yeah I know, go somewhere else where there isn't anyone , I probably could have but didn't. Anyway the point of my reply. Events like these, with items that players want, should, in my opinion, be like Hollywood movies. For 6-8 wks they're in theaters so people who like theaters can go and be the first to see them, but eventually they make it to streaming for the rest of us that don't want to go back to theaters. We still want to see the movie, just not while sitting behind some hacking fool and their 6 kids. Some of us also want some of the new items that are introduced, but we don't want to go through the misery of trying to get them the normal way. That being said, @ Kyronix , if you guys are so quick to put Pots of Glorious Fortune for sale to boost participation in these events, after the events over and the bots have had time to sell their tons of drop duplicates, maybe considering putting these items on the ingame store for purchase ? If you'll sell potions for profit, I fail to understand why you won't sell other things for an even greater profit ? And for those that will now tell me to simply farm gold and buy them myself, no, I don't want to farm gold. I"m a grownup with disposable income, if you don't want to put items on the store for sale, put gold on instead, and I"ll buy that, then I"ll buy whatever item I may want from whatever event has recently occurred. I would really love to see a response as to why this isn't a thing,
    That was a very helpful Post Thanks for your feedback.

Will will immediately change the game based on feedback from someone who played for 10 seconds.
    Not the store but the black market
  • So I found my beetle slayer talisman and can now maximize my very short playtime.got 5 drops in 35 minutes. *big thumbs up from Vic*

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,260
    edited October 2023
         Hi @kyronix I don't usually tag you - but here is what I mean, when I say you gear the game too much towards warriors. This is my 2 accounts, and my 2 sons accounts, and these are the drops we are after. I love the drops, I love the event, but you can clearly see - my warriors stand to progress the most. 
  • MitMit Posts: 38
    I did notice that pirate ships had event Orcs on them. ima go try that and see how many i can get
    Were any of them paragons?? that'd be sweet...
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    Don’t see much here I would want for my mage.  Think prices are rather high for stuff that wears out.  Do have a question though.  Why would I want gloves with a 30 point necromancy reduction on them?  Why would this be desirable?  Would not mind the 15 additional chivalry points but just don’t see why reducing necro. by 30 points would be useful.  Thanks.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,260
    Arnold7 said:
    Don’t see much here I would want for my mage.  Think prices are rather high for stuff that wears out.  Do have a question though.  Why would I want gloves with a 30 point necromancy reduction on them?  Why would this be desirable?  Would not mind the 15 additional chivalry points but just don’t see why reducing necro. by 30 points would be useful.  Thanks.
    Not everyone wants to be a Sampire :)

Paladin healing warrior would love them.

Cookie said:
    Arnold7 said:
    Not everyone wants to be a Sampire :)

Paladin healing warrior would love them.

I sure will!  Just need More!