Treasures of the Feudal Lands is now LIVE!

Community ManagerCommunity Manager Posts: 139Dev
edited October 2023 in General Discussions
Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    So far i give two thumbs up 
  • MinocMinerMinocMiner Posts: 19
    edited October 2023
    Neat image I guess, but did you even check this for accuracy?
    • No costs listed anywhere
    • Daimo title is misspelled
    • Yurei title is missing (and listed as a cherry blossom tree for some reason?)
    • A lot of the items are flat out misspelled, either missing punctuation that is in the name of the item, or just the wrong spelling
    • The Hiryu is the wrong color
    • There's no pages of lore listed, but there are 6 of them listed when this went live
    Why re-invent the wheel?
    https://uo.com/2021/06/22/treasures-of-wildfire-comes-to-origin/

• OreoglOreogl Posts: 294
    Neat image I guess, but did you even check this for accuracy?
    • No costs listed anywhere
    • Daimo title is misspelled
    • Yurei title is missing (and listed as a cherry blossom tree for some reason?)
    • A lot of the items are flat out misspelled, either missing punctuation that is in the name of the item, or just the wrong spelling
    • The Hiryu is the wrong color
    • There's no pages of lore listed, but there are 6 of them listed when this went live
    Why re-invent the wheel?
    https://uo.com/2021/06/22/treasures-of-wildfire-comes-to-origin/

I bet you’re fun at parties.
  • The graphic has been fixed. :)
    Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
    Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
    Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
    E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

• poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    Well, my 1st hour into the Event....

I fought for 1 hour at the snow area at the Northern tip, killed a whole bunch of stuff with a Dexer and 700 Luck, including many Paragons among which Fan Dancers and Ladies of the Snow (stayed well away from Skeletal Dragons though...) and got a whopping 3 drops....

Perhaps the drop rate is quite too much "conservative", @Kyronix ?

I was expecting at least like 15 drops in an hour of intense fighting and from killing quite many Paragons in a fast respawn area...

I died once.

If the drop rate is like that, even being able to play all 60 days, 1 hour per day, 3 x 60 = 180 drops...

Just enough for 1 Hiryu... and even doubling the playing time to 2 hours per day (which, for a lot of players who have other things to do in their lives is a lot of time to spend in a game), that would make 360 drops in 60 days...

Not many points to claim rewards with....

Oh well....
    popps said:

I fought for 1 hour at the snow area at the Northern tip, killed a whole bunch of stuff with a Dexer and 700 Luck, including many Paragons among which Fan Dancers and Ladies of the Snow (stayed well away from Skeletal Dragons though...) and got a whopping 3 drops....

Perhaps the drop rate is quite too much "conservative", @ Kyronix ?

I was expecting at least like 15 drops in an hour of intense fighting and from killing quite many Paragons in a fast respawn area...

I died once.

If the drop rate is like that, even being able to play all 60 days, 1 hour per day, 3 x 60 = 180 drops...

Just enough for 1 Hiryu... and even doubling the playing time to 2 hours per day (which, for a lot of players who have other things to do in their lives is a lot of time to spend in a game), that would make 360 drops in 60 days...

Oh well....
    You get zero drops posting here..
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,111
    popps said:

I died once.

Oh well....
    What happened to that luck suit you have been making fir for years.?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited October 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:

I died once.

Oh well....
    You get zero drops posting here..

That is not the point.

The point is, to my opinion, that the rate of drops should be tailored towards the casual player who can play only a few hours per week permitting him/her to still be able, just from playing the game and without having to purchase the Luck potion at the store, at the end of the roughly 60 days Event, to have been able to get at least 500+ drops/points, and not tailored towards the hard core players who also perhaps buys the Luck potion at the store and can play 10 hours a day...

That is at least how I see it.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    You need more luck.  700 is low by today's standards.
  • I'd like some kind of official comment on why every paragon in this event has to be immune to life leech. From here it looks like the sequence of events is something like this:

> Leave sampire as one of the only viable high-end melee templates in the game for 15+ years while making no effort to nerf it or otherwise diversify builds.

> Notice there are lots of sampires around and get mad about it. Still don't do anything to address the actual mechanics behind this fact.

> Instead, just lazily slap immunity to life leech on to things as you add them.

Absolute nonsense. There's no other commercial game out there that would decide a character build is overpowered, refuse to actually balance or nerf it, and instead just start de facto banning it from half of all new encounters. This is a sloppy, ugly, lazy attempt at cobbling together a cargo cult substitute for game balance, because you assume every customer is a lifer with 400 characters and nobody actually "mains" anything.

I just got back to this game a few months ago, I don't have a whole squad of tamers and archers and stuff to fall back on. I'm essentially banned from this event, because @Kyronix and friends hate sampires, take some kind of offense to them being able to participate in too many things, but don't have the stomach to make meaningful mechanical changes to this elderly game anymore.
    I'd like some kind of official comment on why every paragon in this event has to be immune to life leech. From here it looks like the sequence of events is something like this:

> Leave sampire as one of the only viable high-end melee templates in the game for 15+ years while making no effort to nerf it or otherwise diversify builds.

> Notice there are lots of sampires around and get mad about it. Still don't do anything to address the actual mechanics behind this fact.

> Instead, just lazily slap immunity to life leech on to things as you add them.

Absolute nonsense. There's no other commercial game out there that would decide a character build is overpowered, refuse to actually balance or nerf it, and instead just start de facto banning it from half of all new encounters. This is a sloppy, ugly, lazy attempt at cobbling together a cargo cult substitute for game balance, because you assume every customer is a lifer with 400 characters and nobody actually "mains" anything.

I just got back to this game a few months ago, I don't have a whole squad of tamers and archers and stuff to fall back on. I'm essentially banned from this event, because @ Kyronix and friends hate sampires, take some kind of offense to them being able to participate in too many things, but don't have the stomach to make meaningful mechanical changes to this elderly game anymore.
    They also nerfed tamers our pets don't do full damage to Paragons. And the paragons target us.  Sampires do.

You can write a book about it but the fact is, Sampires get more drops than every other template.
  • This is unplayable as a sampire.
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 82
    edited October 2023
    I'd like some kind of official comment on why every paragon in this event has to be immune to life leech. From here it looks like the sequence of events is something like this:

I just got back to this game a few months ago, I don't have a whole squad of tamers and archers and stuff to fall back on. I'm essentially banned from this event, because @ Kyronix and friends hate sampires, take some kind of offense to them being able to participate in too many things, but don't have the stomach to make meaningful mechanical changes to this elderly game anymore.

maybe you suck at playing a sampire i dont die and get over 25 drops per hour...it s been on for 2 hours and you cry like a little baby cant beleive the costumer base sometimes lol
    Kyronix said:

The problem is, that on a Dexer is quite difficult to add more Luck then that without compromising seriously the fighting ability and the survivability of the Warrior...

Yes, a Tamer or a Spellcaster can have more Luck on the suit then that but, unfortunately, they do not have the ability to kill as fast as a Warrior...

I have about 2,300 Luck on my Tamer, yet, pets do very very bad in these Events because of all the nerfs that they have gone through over the years which made pets very slow killers...

I used to play a Tamer at these Events and then, I had to create a Warrior specificaly for these Events because it was Warriors who had the high rate of drops (I complained a lot about how Tamers/Spellcasters were neglected at these Events while Warriors had it easy....).

Now, if spellcasters and tamers even with high Luck are not good enough because their kill rate is too slow, and Warriors with their faster kill rate are also not good because they cannot have too much Luck on their suit without compromising their fighting ability and survivability, I am not sure how a casual player who only has a few hours a week to play, can get enough drops to claim a sufficient number of wanted rewards....

• creampie said:

maybe you suck at playing a sampire i dont die and get over 25 drops per hour...it s been on for 2 hours and you cry like a little baby cant beleive the costumer base sometimes lol

Okay champ, explain how you kill paragons. Ones that can actually hit a little bit, not paragon mongbats or something.
    edited October 2023
    This is unplayable as a sampire.

As a Sampire I do not know.... I can play it as a Dexer with healing.... though, I cannot have too much Luck on the suit without compromising seriously the abilty to fight and to stay alive...

So my issue is not being unable to play the Event with a Warrior.... my issue is not getting enough drops per hour out of my playing time...

And before someone mentions to purchase the Luck Potion at the Store... well, that should be an "optional" for players, to my opinion, not a necessity because the drop rate is too conservative....

Another issue, as a Warrior, that I have playing this Event, is that the Monsters are way, buy waaaay too much assorted which forces a Warrior to always have to swap weapon and Talisman with slayer...

Too much, too often....

I ca possibly accept to have to swap weapon or a slayer Talisman but only occasionally, to perhaps fight a stronger Paragon...

Yet, I found myself having a hard time doing that, at least in that Norther snow tip, because the spawn is too close, too varied, and I happened to have to fight a Lady of the Snow Paragon needing an Undead slayer and at the same time a Fan Dancer Paragon which instead needs a Demon...

Too messy, too close... to much swapping of weapons and Talismans t have to do.... it takes the fun of playing away, at least to my opinion.
    edited October 2023
    popps said:
    This is unplayable as a sampire.

As a Sampire I do not know.... I can play it as a Dexer with healing.... though, I cannot have too much Luck on the suit without compromising seriously the abilty to fight and to stay alive...

So my issue is not being unable to play the Event with a Warrior.... my issue is not getting enough drops per hour out of my playing time...

And before someone mentions to purchase the Luck Potion at the Store... well, that should be an "optional" for players, to my opinion, not a necessity because the drop rate is too conservative....
    My archer has a 55 lmc every piece 190 luck suit UO is about choice.... that's why I laughed at the over powered comments with new items with no luck you can't use for most events 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    popps said:
    Kyronix said:

The problem is, that on a Dexer is quite difficult to add more Luck then that without compromising seriously the fighting ability and the survivability of the Warrior...

Yes, a Tamer or a Spellcaster can have more Luck on the suit then that but, unfortunately, they do not have the ability to kill as fast as a Warrior...

I have about 2,300 Luck on my Tamer, yet, pets do very very bad in these Events because of all the nerfs that they have gone through over the years which made pets very slow killers...

I used to play a Tamer at these Events and then, I had to create a Warrior specificaly for these Events because it was Warriors who had the high rate of drops (I complained a lot about how Tamers/Spellcasters were neglected at these Events while Warriors had it easy....).

Now, if spellcasters and tamers even with high Luck are not good enough because their kill rate is too slow, and Warriors with their faster kill rate are also not good because they cannot have too much Luck on their suit without compromising their fighting ability and survivability, I am not sure how a casual player who only has a few hours a week to play, can get enough drops to claim a sufficient number of wanted rewards....

You did remember to use the luck statue?  I'm sure you've played long enough to get more than 700 luck from just that.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
     :D 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    is 1300 High Enough?? Kyronix?

This is my archer, wearing the earrings and quiver with luck statue bonus....if I need higher I am going to have to re-think some things :/

I have yet to go out and kill things so we'll see what happens with this.

Earrings/Quiver? Do you have those? Because as you can see with just those 2 items and the statue bonus I have a bit more then 700.

Mariah said:
    popps said:
    Kyronix said:

You did remember to use the luck statue?  I'm sure you've played long enough to get more than 700 luck from just that.

As we all know, the Luck statue can only be used for 1 hour every 24 hours and, unfortunately (I never understood why...), the days unused, do not get "saved up" and stored in a "pool" from which the player can then decide how many hours of Luck they want to spend...

That is, a player who cannot play UO for 3 days and then can play the 4th day, still only gets 1 hour of "Luck Statue" on that 4th day, even though, for the previous 3 days, the statue was not used...

Personally, I think that the Luck Statue daily hour should be saved up, for the days not used, so that when the player eventually gets some time to play UO, he/she can choose how much of the time that the Luck Statue "saved up", they want to spend for that session of play that they can do.

Cannot play UO for 5 days but have more time to play on the week end ?
    Enjoy the 5 hours of "Luck time" saved up from Monday through Friday that the statue was not used, and spend them over the Saturday and Sunday along with the 2 Luck hours that were to accumulate for the weekend days...

This, is how it should be, to my opinion ( @Kyronix , what do you think about this ?)

As my 1st hour playing the Event, I wanted to first see what the drops were without using the Luck Statue...

Now, I will use it, of course, and see with it what the drop rate will be in that 1 hour.

It still won't help much a player who, because of their life, cannot play during the week but can play longer during the weekend...

Unfortunately, as the Luck Statue works now, even though a player can play, say, 4 hours on Saturday and 4 hours on Sunday, only, nothing during the week, the Luck Statue will only help that player for 1 hour on Saturday and 1 hour on Sunday, even though the Luck Statue was not used at all on Monday, on Tuesday, on Wednesday, on Thursday, and on Friday..... the remaining 3 hours of game play on Saturday and 3 hours on Sunday will be without any bonus from the Luck Statue, I am afraid...
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 103
    edited October 2023
    Well you see

he  probably wasting time looting gold and paragon chest

I'm still waiting to hear how your sampire easily kills paragons with meaningful damage output while having its primary healing method disabled.

This game's attempts at balance are pure garbage. They can't add any meaningful combat mechanics and they don't seem to have the guts anymore for serious changes to how skills and spells work, so they just go "Duhhh let's make the new thing immune to a few of the usual good templates, that's the same as balancing them, right?"
    edited October 2023
    Larisa said:
    is 1300 High Enough?? Kyronix?

This is my archer, wearing the earrings and quiver with luck statue bonus....if I need higher I am going to have to re-think some things :/

I have yet to go out and kill things so we'll see what happens with this.

@ popps

Earrings/Quiver? Do you have those? Because as you can see with just those 2 items and the statue bonus I have a bit more then 700.

The 700 Luck I mentioned on my Warrior come from earrings, Quiver and Luck Mempo...

That is pretty much what I could change without affecting too much the ability to fight and survive of my Warrior.

I still need to have enough Stamina to swing at 1.25, need to make it up for Mana to cast specials, have sufficient Hit Chance Increase, Defense Chance Increase, etc. etc.

There is only "so much" Luck that a Warrior can wear on a suit Kyronix.... at least, if the Warrior wants to still be able to kill things and stay alive most of the time...
  • Well you see

I'm still waiting to hear how your sampire easily kills paragons with meaningful damage output while having its primary healing method disabled.

This game's attempts at balance are pure garbage. They can't add any meaningful combat mechanics and they don't seem to have the guts anymore for serious changes to how skills and spells work, so they just go "Duhhh let's make the new thing immune to a few of the usual good templates, that's the same as balancing them, right?"
    I can't speak for creampie but I adjusted my Sampire to have healing as a back up. instead of Resist or Parry, i added healing. it works for my purposes and i've been able to handle the Paragons from past events and had no issues getting sufficient drops to get everything i want.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,259
    edited October 2023
    Had a really good evening on this, I did 3 hours, would have done 4, if my own guild mate hadn't wiped me off the face of the planet.

My drop rate was the best I've ever had (12 drops per hour, 1 every 5 minutes), I've learned from previous events, I barely had any luck - 400 from the clean-up jewels - mass killing is the way to go for me, and take on paragons.

With the time-frame etc, this should all pan out perfectly for me, pretty much every aspect works for me. The rewards, the points, the spawn, the drop rate, the length of the event etc.

Love the fact Conjurers is there. Love many of the rewards tbh, amazing mix. So many of my characters want stuff. I have 4 accounts with 7+4+4+4 characters on Europa - I wont do this on any other server.

Negative - would love them in Fel, but I'll live with it this once.
    Negative - Still no love for Pure Mages (except for the Chest actually which is Best in Slot) but I'm getting to equip many other templates.

Massive thank you, should stop me from being bored until Christmas.

• Popps,

You have wasted your 1 hour game time for today moaning about an event that is less than 24 hours old?

WHY???

you can get 15-25 drops an hour with a samp with NO luck

so you are already 15-25 down by being on here

GET A GRIP, and get on with it
  • I'd rather go play ESO than screw around putting healing on my template. Peace.
  • I'd rather go play ESO than screw around putting healing on my template. Peace.

be more logic...you healling pool is the mobs that aren t paragon so always move around and lure paragon to life pool ( mobs not paragon ) very easy to do and by this method you can kill anything and yes need to know your bushido spells or chiv and when to use it....just a hint evasion is op
    Well you see

Play some more 3/4 of the players are sampires if not more. Or use healing instead of sampire.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    I most be doing something wrong at 2550 luck in 4 hours 21 drops using a tamer lol