Will we go live today?

It's the 16th so right at mid month and with people already clamoring for it to be extended the longer we  wait the more It's gonna drag into other things 

Comments

• WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
    normally stuff like this goes live on tuesdays so im guessing tomorrow
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    Relax, take a deep breath. You will have at least 6 weeks. 
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    I'm getting bored playing with my little wizard toy. Let's get it live!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    I'm hoping Kyronix will be able to look into a few of the questions brought up about the event items / spawn before it goes live. Unfortunately those might get lost as the feedback thread has essentially turned into a power creep discussion. 

A few things I'd like to see addressed would be:
    1. Cost of items given timeline. Especially since the spring event had everything dirt cheap. Not saying everything needs to be max 40 turn ins but some items should be brought in line with previous events.
    2. How does reactive holy light work?
    3. Spawning untagged mobs throughout which will decrease drops.
    4. Spawn rate - I thought the rate was low but I only played maybe an hour and was tinkering with things as I went along which is what I chalked up my lack of drops to (very lax killing). Seems like Merlin did some good testing on it and it might be low given the price/timeline of the event.
    edited October 2023
    Yes @keven2002 I also feel those are the only things that need addressed. Then let's get the thing rolled out to the excited players!

I think anyone who noticed the drop rate saw it is a lot lower than other events. @RonFellows brought it up also on the first day, I commented that Garth is gonna hate it after I played 30 minutes.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    We don't plan on adjusting the cost of any of the items at this time. 

Reactive holy light will cast holy light when a non-PvP aggressor attacks the wielder.  It works like other reactive properties and casting power is based on casting holy light as if it were done via chivalry.

Certain areas of the overland are excluded from the event, as are certain creatures.  This is done intentionally.  The overland spawn areas can spawn any combination of creatures - remember Treasures mobs are randomly chosen each server up.  There are some mobs that will always be included, and some that will never be included.

We can dynamically adjust the density - we won't be making these adjustments until sufficient observation period on each shard.  Based on results the drop rate is in line with our intentions.  We will be dramatically increasing the rewards points that are awarded from paragon mobs. 

Stay tuned to UO.com for publish updates and thanks for all the feedback.
    edited October 2023
    Kyronix said:

Reactive holy light will cast holy light when a non-PvP aggressor attacks the wielder.  It works like other reactive properties and casting power is based on casting holy light as if it were done via chivalry.

Certain areas of the overland are excluded from the event, as are certain creatures.  This is done intentionally.  The overland spawn areas can spawn any combination of creatures - remember Treasures mobs are randomly chosen each server up.  There are some mobs that will always be included, and some that will never be included.

We can dynamically adjust the density - we won't be making these adjustments until sufficient observation period on each shard.  Based on results the drop rate is in line with our intentions.  We will be dramatically increasing the rewards points that are awarded from paragon mobs. 

Thanks for the update and glad to hear about paragons.

2 clarification pieces please?
    1. As for overland mobs being excluded, I understand that. I referring to mobs within the possible spawn area. Isamu gate for example has "Frozen" mobs scattered around it but I was still seeing non-frozen things spawning there (like gaman). Is it correct to assume everything within the area should be tagged frozen?
    2. Can you give a bit more on the holy light function? I had a few observations I put in the other thread. Namely that it seems when it procs it possibly interrupted me casting a different spell and when I had 0 chiv it seems to have fizzled either from lack of skill or possible the reactive spell was interrupted (both seem to be different than something like reactive paralyze). One other question would be if the damage is based on Chiv skill / karma and finally does FC/FCR come into play when it procs?
    Thanks!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    Kyronix said:

Well, I hope that you will rethink this...

This Event will have a quite short span time and there is several desirable items that many players will want to get... the Ozimandia's Hiryu alone takes 150 points and many players who have a dexer and do not have a Paroxysmous mount might want to get it...

Not everyone can spend hours upon hours daily playing UO.... many players have only a limited time to play in a week, often only during the weekend..... and to earn close to a thousand of points if not more, in little over a month, might become impossible for many players...
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    popps said:
    Kyronix said:

Well, I hope that you will rethink this...

This Event will have a quite short span time and there is several desirable items that many players will want to get... the Ozimandia's Hiryu alone takes 150 points and many players who have a dexer and do not have a Paroxysmous mount might want to get it...

Not everyone can spend hours upon hours daily playing UO.... many players have only a limited time to play in a week, often only during the weekend..... and to earn close to a thousand of points if not more, in little over a month, might become impossible for many players...
    Gargoyles get nothing for damage reduction buy a swampy and some armor for it 
    Thanks love the paragon boost. Disappointed that Hiryu forest is excluded and the Tsuki Wolf spawn at Yamandon peninsula is not included.

Also think the deco hiryu is too expensive. 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    very disappointing the cost of the Hiryu will not be adjusted
    The Deco Hiryu was such an unexpected surprise.  We all want one for use or deco.  The price is high.

I want them for my Zoo!
    ya 1 for each deco and use but 300 is far to much so just deco for me
  • SynnSynn Posts: 17
    Will the Potion of Glorious Fortune be available in the UO store?
    Yes 
    Skett said:
    Yes 
    By yes he means maybe because sometimes it's yes and others no and a few time in the middle then not so really maybe soon
     :D 
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Kyronix said:

And just like, my desire to participate drops to 0%.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    Kyronix said:

Did you play it on the Test shard? How long does take to get 1 item drop?
    shootgun said:
    Kyronix said:

Did you play it on the Test shard? How long does take to get 1 item drop?

I have done some testing on TC1 and with a little over 90min killing stuff (rubbed luck stat last 30min) my drops have only been 5. On TC1 things are too spaced out to maximize my killing like for previous events where we had "hot spots" (Im sure when it's live it's also gonna be hard with ppl killing stuff before I get to it). Far from conclusive but the drop rate does seem a little lighter than I'd hope.

Kyronix also mentioned that killing paragons will "drastically increase" chances on a drop which I have not noticed on TC1. I specifically went around for 15min yesterday killing only paragons (killed a total of 8) and I didn't get a drop from it. I'm not sure how that is supposed to work or if it's working as it should on TC1 but I thought I'd at least get 1 drop from killing 8 paragons if the results were "drastically" increased.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of complaints about the drop rate.
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    edited October 2023
    Paragon change isn’t live yet on TC1.

What was your total luck?
    Kyronix said:

Then add today for testing and live tomorrow?  Maybe if the goal was mid month starting testing on the 10th a better plan 
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited October 2023
    Kyronix said:

I think this confirms 2 things.
    1. Luck will matter for this event.
    2. It is not going live today, possibly not tomorrow neither.
    shootgun said:
    Kyronix said:

I think this confirms 2 things.
    1. Luck will matter for this event.
    2. It is not going live today, possibly not tomorrow neither.
    Luck has mattered for a while 80% of my characters wear max luck functional suits i won't be adding the new items no matter how fantastic they are 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    So I put my luck suit on and went out to The Waste for about 30 minutes.

Killed 3 paragons, mostly skeletons and deathwatch beetles and got 2 drops.

Will test for a longer time period later, I need more coffee!!

But if that rate is the standard, that's really not that bad. IMO anyway.

• I was averaging 30-35 drops per hour before paragon change
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    Yeah I was testing the *I'm not a power gamer, don't have a lot of time to play, just want to be casual and kill small stuff and not get stressed out* kind of person. Most people testing are in the I GOTTA GET IT ALL!! Category lol.  I don't wanna be stressed out trying to mass grind all the hard mobs trying to get as many drops as possible.  The Waste is going to be nice for the casual, I really don't want to spend my hour or two of game time dying over and over kinda person.

Grimbeard said:
    Kyronix said:

Then add today for testing and live tomorrow?  Maybe if the goal was mid month starting testing on the 10th a better plan 
    They usually don't to changes like that to TC. Those are done when it goes live.
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Kyronix said:

They usually don't to changes like that to TC. Those are done when it goes live.
    What exactly in your opinion are we testing 
    edited October 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Kyronix said:

What exactly in your opinion are we testing 

They just don't put minor tweeks in TC.  They put major changes.

We tested the basic operation. And had a record number of comments.

Testing is done.  Notice he has not replied in the Test Center thread since last week.
    Except to tell us Frost Mites are not included.
    And he Thanked everyone for the feedback.

Lets Roll With This!