Is it possible to automatically open corpses in EC? Even with custom script?

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to gather resources. I set an agent to loot the corpses to make life easier. On the other hand continuous CTRL+SHIFT+ Double Click is messing up my hands. My thumb started tingling/shaking on it's own.

So the question is, is it possible to automatically open corpses on EC? This way, I can just click the organizer button at the top and be done with each corpse.

I tried looking into the files under "Default/Source/ObjectHandle.lua" and "WindowData.ObjectInfo" table. It seems like these two are only updated with objects from currently open containers. I tried to find any other table/function that would return object IDs for the objects on the ground.

Turns out you can find IDs of the objects by looking at the "WindowData.ObjectHandle" but this list is only populated when I push CTRL+SHIFT. Using this would only save me a double click.

So the question is that, is there any way on EC to automatically open corpses right next to me? If that is not possible, is there any API/Structure that returns the list of objects on the screen without pushing CTRL+SHIFT? This way I can write my own corpse opener.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,125
    CC only opens corpses auto if you are in war mode.  Same for EC?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited September 2023
    The development team has never implemented auto-open corpses nor auto follow into the EC.

You can however, just use Target Nearest Object>Use Targeted Object from the actions list as a two-line macro. That will open the nearest corpse (unless you're standing by some other object). I'm sure there is a script check to make sure the object "isCorpse", but I haven't looked into it.

If you use Target Nearest Object>Use Targeted Object, then Target Next Object>Use Targeted Object, that macro will open the nearest two corpses. You can stack Target Next>Use Targeted to open entire piles of corpses with one keypress.

Instead of pressing the organizer button on each corpse, just put Actions>Other>Vacuum at the end of the macro. Vacuum will execute the selected organizer on all open containers (corpses). You can Delay for the organizers to run and then use Actions>Other>Close All Corpses to finish the macro and clean up the screen.
    -Arroth
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited September 2023
    Thank you both for your replies.

@Arroth_Thaiel I think this is the 2nd beer I owe you.

I have one more question if you don't mind. Is there a way to execute predefined actions from inside the *.lua files? I see Default/Source/ActionsWindow.lua and Default/Source/settingswindow.lua have some definitions for actions. That being said, nothing in those structures look like a function pointer. So, I am not sure how we can execute them, or if we can execute them at all.

So, can I execute Target Nearest Object from inside a *.lua file?

Thanks a lot!

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,320
    Start backing off.  If you are as old as most of the rest of us, you can do real damage to yourself if you play until your thumb starts to tingle and then continue to play.  Sad but true.  We are not as young as we used to be.
  • PitrPitr Posts: 163
    I agree...
    "My thumb started tingling/shaking on it's own.", that is how we identify fellow UO players. :)