When will at last Shard Bound be REMOVED from ended Dynamic Events Drops (NOT Rewards)???

13»

Comments

• IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited September 2023
    Fortis said:
    dont forget uo is build to be an mmo with player trading with each others it s a sandbox accoutn bond and shard bound i dont get it for pvm or pvp items i can get it for deco for the shards or event items but seriously for pvm and pvp items not the way to go...we had wildfire event who was running both facet tram and fel and it was during prime time uo recently ( covid ) try to find a mark of wildfire on any other shard of atlantic you will hardly found 2-3 at what 1p. and it was farm a lot this why shard bound no good

This! :)
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,410
    edited September 2023
    ya sb is for the greedy I totally agree

it made items go way up and hurt the average player 

subs keep dropping something is wrong and im sure its far from sb items but sb adds to the dissensions to leave im sure, just so many things that keep getting changed because of the cheaters bots scripters that hurt the average player they need to address the real issues
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,036
    You CHOSE to do events on Atlantic stop crying about it now and play your home shard 
    edited September 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    You CHOSE to do events on Atlantic stop crying about it now and play your home shard 

You are noone, so what you want me to do and how you want me to play MY Game is irrelevant. :D
    :s   that's a great attitude :s
  • I'm not opposed to the 'drops' to have a temporary shard-bound status, as long as the shard-bound lasts at least until the drops are no longer able to be turned in to claim reward items.

EJ-obtained drops should be permanently shard-bound though.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    ej should never get any drops imho
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    CovenantX said:
    I'm not opposed to the 'drops' to have a temporary shard-bound status, as long as the shard-bound lasts at least until the drops are no longer able to be turned in to claim reward items.

EJ Accounts should not be getting any drops.  EJ accounts were a pipe dream in the hopes that the person would sub and that was an epic fail.  Why should EJ Accounts sup when they get everything but a house.
    need to just eliminate all SB and scripter/bots from the game problem solved.. :) 

but wait  :(   the real problem is those greedy players wanting to sell there items for 10x that of atl on low pop shards and telling the devs how unfair it is for them on there shards because of the cheaters they are all lying they want lots of gold from those that dont do boring event.  :#
    CovenantX said:
    I'm not opposed to the 'drops' to have a temporary shard-bound status, as long as the shard-bound lasts at least until the drops are no longer able to be turned in to claim reward items.

Agreed.
    Skett said:
    need to just eliminate all SB and scripter/bots from the game problem solved.. :) 

but wait  :(   the real problem is those greedy players wanting to sell there items for 10x that of atl on low pop shards and telling the devs how unfair it is for them on there shards because of the cheaters they are all lying they want lots of gold from those that dont do boring event.  :#

:D
    CovenantX said:

EJ Accounts should not be getting any drops.  EJ accounts were a pipe dream in the hopes that the person would sub and that was an epic fail.  Why should EJ Accounts sup when they get everything but a house.

yep ej needs to come to an end but once again egos would be bruised...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,118
    edited September 2023
    @Fortis the players were complaining about players from other shards playing on THEIR shard and taking rewards away.

This was before botting was at dynamic events. 

Just as Kyronix said.

The posters who got the change made were angry that someone they did not know was playing on their shard.

Bots were not common except at the old version IDOCS. 

More of a stay off my lawn complaint.

You can see one of those attitudes from a poster in this thread.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    @ Fortis the players were complaining about players from other shards playing on THEIR shard and taking rewards away.

This was before botting was at dynamic events. 

Just as Kyronix said.

The posters who got the change made were angry that someone they did not know was playing on their shard.

Bots were not common except at the old version IDOCS. 

More of a stay off my lawn complaint.

You can see one of those attitudes from a poster in this thread.
    As if Rewards were a finite quantity... :D

Regrets are tough next time make a better decision 
  • CovenantX said:

Oh I agree, EJ shouldn't get drops at all, but they do, and I'm pretty sure they're account bound, though I guess for a  'collector' of  drops, it wouldn't matter. so the account/shard-bound would be the next (current) best thing if they're going to continue to allow EJs to get them.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited September 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Regrets are tough next time make a better decision 

I just made the decision to ignore you from now on, and I doubt I will EVER regret it! :D

Have a nice life.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited September 2023
    Ivenor said:

Holy Cow! 
    Again: REWARDS are NOT the issue in this Thread. DROPS that remains SB AFTER the end of the Dynamic Events (when they have NO MORE value as Points for obtain Rewards) are...
    You clearly don't understand. They go hand-in-hand.

You cannot have it both ways: the dead shards cannot complain, saying 'they want shard-bound items' AND THEN once the event is over, and no one is trading the items they need or never got (item drops or rewards, again, doesn't matter!), look to daddy Atlantic/Great Lakes to complete your set. Sorry.

The small [dead] shards asked for this and now they reap what they sow. Plus, let's not just ignore this is a completely selfish post and you want to be able to complete your sets. You probably have the items ready to go on a larger server ready to transfer back to your home server. Regardless, back to the point,

You can not have your cake and eat it too.

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited September 2023
    Fortis said:
    dont forget uo is build to be an mmo with player trading with each others it s a sandbox accoutn bond and shard bound i dont get it for pvm or pvp items i can get it for deco for the shards or event items but seriously for pvm and pvp items not the way to go...we had wildfire event who was running both facet tram and fel and it was during prime time uo recently ( covid ) try to find a mark of wildfire on any other shard of atlantic you will hardly found 2-3 at what 1p. and it was farm a lot this why shard bound no good
    Clearly not, as demonstrated by shard bound items, account bound items, owned by, and tons of other mechanics that disprove you immediately that have been in the game forever. Wonder why I can't sell my shard shields, the GaMe iS sUpPoSeD tO bE a SanDbOX!! The game is what the devs want it to be. Also, ironic coming from a RMT trader. Definitely don't mean you, not at all, nope, just saying in general winky wink winkerson.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    username said:
    Ivenor said:

Holy Cow! 
    Again: REWARDS are NOT the issue in this Thread. DROPS that remains SB AFTER the end of the Dynamic Events (when they have NO MORE value as Points for obtain Rewards) are...

You cannot have it both ways: the dead shards cannot complain, saying 'they want shard-bound items' AND THEN once the event is over, and no one is trading the items they need or never got (item drops or rewards, again, doesn't matter!), look to daddy Atlantic/Great Lakes to complete your set. Sorry.

The small [dead] shards asked for this and now they reap what they sow. Plus, let's not just ignore this is a completely selfish post and you want to be able to complete your sets. You probably have the items ready to go on a larger server ready to transfer back to your home server. Regardless, back to the point,

Small shards don't want cake 
    edited September 2023
    username said:
    Ivenor said:

Holy Cow! 

No, they are two totally different things, especially considering that many Rewards are recycled in more than one Event, so they can be acquired in multiple occasions, where the Drops are specific by Hue for any specific Event and are useless gamewise, beside as Deco, after the Event ends.

So, yes, one can have ***A*** cake AND eat one too, because they are TWO DIFFERENT CAKES!

Lastly, is not up to you to decide what should be my diet, i.e. where and how I should procure/display the Items I collect: stick to your way of gaming and avoid to try to decide how others Players should play their.
    ;)
    Se Skett said:
    ;)
    edited September 2023
    “The Cake is a Lie!”

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited September 2023
    to be fair the mechanic already exists to have a 'life span' on an item until it's no longer able to be turned-in for anything.   the 'Honesty' virtue items work that way, with a change, to where the property 'shard-bound' has the life-span of ~2.6m seconds (about 30 days, or however long the duration of the turn-in vendor points are set to expire) and it'll work the way the OP seems to intend.

ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited September 2023
    CovenantX said:
    to be fair the mechanic already exists to have a 'life span' on an item until it's no longer able to be turned-in for anything.   the 'Honesty' virtue items work that way, with a change, to where the property 'shard-bound' has the life-span of ~2.6m seconds (about 30 days, or however long the duration of the turn-in vendor points are set to expire) and it'll work the way the OP seems to intend.

Agreed! :)
  • ElvisElvis Posts: 53
    can we pay real money for deed of shard bound removal? everybody wins
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,118
    Elvis said:
    can we pay real money for deed of shard bound removal? everybody wins
    Send a $10 check for each item you want unbound to:

Herman Munster
    1313 Mockingbird Lane
    Mockingbird Heights, California 90210
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,991Moderator
    I think it's time to end this. IF the devs decide the idea has any merit I'm sure we'll hear in due course.