When will at last Shard Bound be REMOVED from ended Dynamic Events Drops (NOT Rewards)???

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Until Kyronix pops in and answers the question we can speculate.

1. The game mechanics can not remove shard bound later because it would remove it from unintended items also.

2. The devs consciously chose for armor to stay shard bound.

Anyone have other speculations on why the armor drops stay shard bound after the event?

Could dynamic drops have a timer on the shard bound property that ends when the event ends.

Personally I do not like shard bound because I can't travel with those items.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    @Ivenor your post title implies that such an outcome was expected, rather than something you are requesting, has anything lead you to believe that?
    As a general observation, there was a time when everything was 'shard bound' because travel between shards did not exist. People still managed to trade items they wanted.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited September 2023
    Mariah said:
    @ Ivenor your post title implies that such an outcome was expected, rather than something you are requesting, has anything lead you to believe that?
    As a general observation, there was a time when everything was 'shard bound' because travel between shards did not exist. People still managed to trade items they wanted.

Hi Mariah!

If the end of Shard Bounding after the closure of an Event was expect or not IMO is not relavant to the discussion (nor the title of the thread was meant to imply it: mine was only a temporal consideration).
    What I advocate is that the topic must be reconsidered, given that (in mine, and not mine alone, opinion: I'm only the most petulant in expressing it... B) :p ;) ) the choice to leave Shard Bounded the Dynamic Events Drops (again, NOT the Rewards) after the end of the Events has no real utility, and is disdrupting (and it seems intentionally so, as by Kyronyx words quoted previously in the Thread) the Game Style of the Players that only want to collect the Armor Drops themselves (and I believe you know well that this is a very common thing for the "Deco Buff" Players).
    edited September 2023
    Nowdays the Shard Shields exist, so IMO the argoment is specious. 

And we all knows very well the many reasons why they cannot be eliminated, so IMO it is somewhat mean that the only ones that have to pay for this type of "Developers' Remorse" are we little folks, whereas the Big Ones are, as ever, untouchable (and IMO rightly so, but that's another issue)...

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    edited September 2023
    Mariah said:
    @ Ivenor your post title implies that such an outcome was expected, rather than something you are requesting, has anything lead you to believe that?

back before we had shard shields we had a much much larger player base and a different dev team with a far different thought process/ logic, and they didn't listen to a select few....
  • FortisFortis Posts: 410
    shard bound had the opposite effect of the couple players whinning about it and making it happens....shard bound items from events are now like 5x the price they were before on all shard except atlantic and yeah people was saying item will stay on shard blah blah there will be some to buy....result nothing for sale  from event for sale on most shards...it was an epic fail...it s now easier for the people with a lot of money to control the economy of a shard with the shard bound items...but yeah some people cant understand and come with poor argument that the devs have eaten.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Fortis said:
    shard bound had the opposite effect of the couple players whinning about it and making it happens....shard bound items from events are now like 5x the price they were before on all shard except atlantic and yeah people was saying item will stay on shard blah blah there will be some to buy....result nothing for sale  from event for sale on most shards...it was an epic fail...it s now easier for the people with a lot of money to control the economy of a shard with the shard bound items...but yeah some people cant understand and come with poor argument that the devs have eaten.
    I say BS i have shard bound rewards ( sdi epps pally bracers etc) on multiple shards i hold onto because i can't sell at Atlantic prices (prices which have tumbled) it's working exactly as intended 
    Grimbeard said:
    Fortis said:
    I say BS i have shard bound rewards ( sdi epps pally bracers etc) on multiple shards i hold onto because i can't sell at Atlantic prices (prices which have tumbled) it's working exactly as intended 

Who gives a FRACK about the Rewards!  The Thread is on the uselessnes of keeping EVENTS DROPS Shard Bound AFTER the end of the Events.
    Fortis said:

Exactly. :)
    edited September 2023
    Fortis said:
    This ^^^

but It don't matter the damage is done and they are to proud to admit they made a mistake by listening to a few idiots that filled there ears maliciously with deceitful greedy lies
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    As to why Shard Bound exists on these items - see my previous comments quoted earlier in the thread.

As to why it persists after the event?  I'll reserve comment and instead ask a question - why is it you want to remove Shard Bound from equipment ToT drops? 
    Skett said:
    Fortis said:
    This ^^^

but It don't matter the damage is done and they are to proud to admit they made a mistake by listening to a few idiots that filled there ears maliciously with deceitful greedy lies

The solution is VERY easy.

1) DURING THE EVENT
    BOTH the Drops AND the Rewards are Shard Bound.

2) AFTER THE EVENT
    The Rewards remains Shard Bound, BUT the Drops, that then have NO VALUE ANYMORE as Points to get the Rewards, are made NO MORE Shard Bound, so the Deco Buff can complete their collections searching for the items they lack in ALL the Shards.

In this way both the PvM AND the Deco Buff Players have what they want!
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited September 2023
    If nothing else, 'account bound' items at a reduced turn-in point cost (they have NO market value) should be an option. I can transfer it, use it on any character on the account, just not sell it. But the devs ignore the players. We've wanted this for so long.
    Kyronix said:
    As to why Shard Bound exists on these items - see my previous comments quoted earlier in the thread.

As to why it persists after the event?  I'll reserve comment and instead ask a question - why is it you want to remove Shard Bound from equipment ToT drops? 
    non-shard bound, account bound rewards:
    • reduce player grind: no market value for items, lower point costs
    • allow players to use items they earned on any prodo shard they please
    • highly reduce the ignored botting that goes on at these events
    • get players active and participating: they have to earn their own rewards.
    • increase store potion sales
    Everyone wins with non-shard bound, account bound rewards, except the RMT bots. @Kyronix what do you say? Give us account bound options when claiming the rewards, at a reduced cost. Or at least the option. Try it once. See how it goes. 

Personally, I'd be all for ALL REWARDS being account bound (no shard bound option) and that way we could have EVERY REWARD AVAILABLE to claim + new rewards every ToT event. Great way to curb the ignored botting problem we see every one of these ToT events.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    Kyronix said:

to collect / complete armor sets on any shard, they are just deco its far from a game changer
    Kyronix said:

He wants to buy say bone helm and take back to his home shard to complete collections 
    edited September 2023
    Kyronix said:

Hi K.!

Thanks for you interevention.

I thought I made myself very (and boringly... :D) clear on this point. 

I collect Armor Set. I have the bulk of my Collection on ATL (where they are more easly found en masse during the Events), but:

1) I would prefer to move it on Europa (my main Shard) where I have a Castle that I would like to fully decor with it, but they are SB so I can't move them;
    2) after a Dynamic Event end it is impossible to find some more elusive piece even on ATL itself, so I'm unable to complete my collections, because even if I by chance find the pieces I need to do it on some other Shard, I cannot move them where my Collection is because... Shard Bound.

Dunno how can say it more plainly... :) ;)
    Grimbeard said:
    Kyronix said:

He wants to buy say bone helm and take back to his home shard to complete collections 

Bone is easy to find an ANY shard, during and after the Events. Try to find a Leaf Tonlet or a Female Leather Armor!
    Skett said:
    Kyronix said:

to collect / complete armor sets on any shard, they are just deco its far from a game changer

Exactly!
    edited September 2023
    username said:
    If nothing else, 'account bound' items at a reduced turn-in point cost (they have NO market value) should be an option. I can transfer it, use it on any character on the account, just not sell it. But the devs ignore the players. We've wanted this for so long.
    Kyronix said:

non-shard bound, account bound rewards:
    • reduce player grind: no market value for items, lower point costs
    • allow players to use items they earned on any prodo shard they please
    • highly reduce the ignored botting that goes on at these events
    • get players active and participating
    • increase store potion sales
    Everyone wins with non-shard bound, account bound rewards. @ Kyronix what do you say? Give us account bound options when claiming the rewards, at a reduced cost. Or at least the option. Try it once. See how it goes. 

Personally, I'd be all for ALL REWARDS being account bound (no shard bound option) and that way we could have EVERY REWARD AVAILABLE to claim + new rewards every ToT event. Great way to curb the ignored botting problem we see every one of these ToT events.

Holy Cow! 
    Again: REWARDS are NOT the issue in this Thread. DROPS that remains SB AFTER the end of the Dynamic Events (when they have NO MORE value as Points for obtain Rewards) are...
    edited September 2023

This all sounds good but it had other side effects and didnt curve the bots/ scripters at all. why do you guys keep making changes that hinder honest players instead of fixing the real issues / problems ? And don't ask me how to fix them I don't know lol

Ivenor said:
    Skett said:
    Kyronix said:

Exactly!
    Not exactly true as armor sets sell for lots of money 
    so then its greed the truth comes out lol
    Grimbeard said:
    Ivenor said:
    Skett said:
    Kyronix said:

Exactly!
    edited September 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Ivenor said:
    Skett said:
    Kyronix said:

Exactly!

You have no idea of what you are speaking of. 

***ON ATL*** the most sought after & costly Event Armor Sets (Bone and Plate) are, again ***ON ATL*** about 100 mils a Set. 

And if you think tha 100 mils nowdays is "a lot" of Gold you are really out of touch with UO Rare market, where the prices for some EM Items are sometimes in TENS of Plats.

This beside the fact that is somebody want to make an "ingame" business of trading Armor Sets between Shards why should s/he ask for your permission?
    Skett said:
    so then its greed the truth comes out lol
    Grimbeard said:
    Ivenor said:
    Skett said:
    Kyronix said:

Exactly!

HIS greed, that want to corner the market in his backwater Low Pop Shard at the expense of many other Players Game pleasure.
    edited September 2023
    @Ivenor ; I understand you and agree that's how a lot of people are in UO
    nothing shard bound like it always been before and there was no problem for tot events...making it shard bound because there was some scripters on some shard it s a joke why fucking the playgame for 99% of the people for let say under 1% of scriptor. GM should fix this faster thats it problem solve
    Skett said:
    I understand you and agree that's how a lot of people are in UO

Sadly yes...
    Fortis said:
    nothing shard bound like it always been before and there was no problem for tot events...making it shard bound because there was some scripters on some shard it s a joke why fucking the playgame for 99% of the people for let say under 1% of scriptor. GM should fix this faster thats it problem solve

Ditto! :)
    Fortis said:

^^^
    dont forget uo is build to be an mmo with player trading with each others it s a sandbox accoutn bond and shard bound i dont get it for pvm or pvp items i can get it for deco for the shards or event items but seriously for pvm and pvp items not the way to go...we had wildfire event who was running both facet tram and fel and it was during prime time uo recently ( covid ) try to find a mark of wildfire on any other shard of atlantic you will hardly found 2-3 at what 1p. and it was farm a lot this why shard bound no good
This discussion has been closed.