When will at last Shard Bound be REMOVED from ended Dynamic Events Drops (NOT Rewards)???

Still no explanation why Dynamic Events Drops are Shard Bound in the first place, and still the ended Dynamic Events Drops are unreasonably Shard Bound...

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    Because players from some small population shards complained that players from other shards were coming to their shard to do events and take their items to their home shard.

So they made items shard bound to make this stop.

Another example of why the devs should not listen to angry posters.  IMO.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited September 2023
    Pawain said:
    Because players from some small population shards complained that players from other shards were coming to their shard to do events and take their items to their home shard.

So they made items shard bound to make this stop.

Another example of why the devs should not listen to angry posters.  IMO.

What is not clear in the locution ***ENDED*** Dynamic Events?

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 802
    edited September 2023
    Shard bound may have been a driver to increase population on shards other than Atlantic.

As a comparison, I doubt we'll see gasoline return to less than $1 per/gallon.

A periodic suggestion (not mine) is to allow shard bound to be converted to account bound.   This could be a capability added to Mage Guildmasters (who can also add/remove "Mage armor").  It's then easy enough to arrange the converted item to be moved to any shard (most guilds have many people who routinely move items shard-to-shard for guild-mates).

edited September 2023
    Shard bound may have been a driver to increase population on shards other than Atlantic.

A periodic suggestion (not mine) is to allow shard bound to be converted to account bound.   This could be a capability added to Mage Guildmasters (who can also add/remove "Mage armor").  It's then easy enough to arrange the converted item to be moved to any shard (most guilds have many people who routinely move items shard-to-shard for guild-mates).

If that was the goal, it failed.

But again, you miss my point. There is no reason to keep the Dynamic Events Drops (i.e., the Armor Sets pieces, NOT the Rewards) Shard Bound AFTER an Event ends.

The only effects it has is to prevent the "small" Armor Sets Collectors to complete their Collection in ANY Shard beside Atlantic and to make the prices of the Drops to rise in the Low Pop Shards.

edited to remove real world reference
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    :D
    1. It'd be a code change (for future events) to "timeout" the shard bound property on the hand-in-items.
    2. It'd be a code change for future events to not put "shard bound" on turn-in items.  (The fact eggs have not been shard bound, is an argument to make this change).
    3. It'd be a database query/set operation to change this for existing items.  Probably deemed way too risky.
    #2 is probably a simple change, but it's a change none-the-less.
  • JepethJepeth Posts: 512
    It won’t be. Answered here:

in April 2022

in January 2021

in January 2021, again in the same thread. But this time with a lot of fun context from Kyronix:

You’ve come back to tilt at this windmill many times, basically always resulting in a fight or a locked thread. You’ve been given your reason why, and that reason (whether you dislike it or not) does explain the second part of your issue (namely that shard bound does not expire afterward): the system as it exists is how they intend it to be. Changing it to expire or to be removed via some token is not part of their design intent.

It’s fine you think it could be better, but what does returning over and over (here and Stratics) to pick a fight do?

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Ivenor said:

But again, you miss my point. There is no reason to keep the Dynamic Events Drops (i.e., the Armor Sets pieces, NOT the Rewards) Shard Bound AFTER an Event ends.

The only effects it has is to prevent the "small" Armor Sets Collectors to complete their Collection in ANY Shard beside Atlantic and to make the prices of the Drops to rise in the Low Pop Shards.

Lastly, gasoline will go back to 1$ at gallon when the USA will stop to stupidly poke the Russian Bear and will dump the moronic "Green Deal" sick fantasies.
    Yes steel we know your business more important than small shard economics
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    edited September 2023
    It's funny how the posters complained about others being on their shard to do dynamic events, came to complain that there was no one to help them with Paragons, after they got the shard bound items. :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited September 2023
    shard bound is just stupid. I guarantee you if they did an in game poll to have SB or NO SB items hands down most would not want SB items in UO An open sand box game...

seems fewer and fewer people  are playing seems there logic on a lot of topics and changes are flawed...
    Jepeth said:
    It won’t be. Answered here:

in April 2022

in January 2021

in January 2021, again in the same thread. But this time with a lot of fun context from Kyronix:

You’ve come back to tilt at this windmill many times, basically always resulting in a fight or a locked thread. You’ve been given your reason why, and that reason (whether you dislike it or not) does explain the second part of your issue (namely that shard bound does not expire afterward): the system as it exists is how they intend it to be. Changing it to expire or to be removed via some token is not part of their design intent.

It’s fine you think it could be better, but what does returning over and over (here and Stratics) to pick a fight do?

Again: NOTHING in this explains why the Drops remains SB even AFTER the end of the event.
    Pawain said:
    It's funny how the posters complained about others being on their shard to do dynamic events, came to complain that there was no one to help them with Paragons, after they got the shard bound items. :D

Desertum fecerunt et pacem appellaverunt.

edited September 2023
    Skett said:
    shard bound is just stupid. I guarantee you if they did an in game poll to have SB or NO SB items hands down most would not want SB items in UO An open sand box game...

seems fewer and fewer people  are playing seems there logic on a lot of topics and changes are flawed...
    Exactly! When I came back to UO in 2018 the Europa Shard was still alive enough, with barely free spaces for a 18x18 outside Malas. Nowdays it is 90% empty space everywhere. :'(
    Grimbeard said:
    Ivenor said:

Lastly, gasoline will go back to 1$ at gallon when the USA will stop to stupidly poke the Russian Bear and will dump the moronic "Green Deal" sick fantasies.
    Yes steel we know your business more important than small shard economics
    You just destroyed Low Pop Shards economy with your SB mania. Or you mean YOUR monopoly on your almost dead Shard?
    The worst part is they see the subs dropping and they still cant acknowledge they made mistakes and fix them.  
    Skett said:
    The worst part is they see the subs dropping and they still cant acknowledge they made mistakes and fix them.  
    On ATL last week Hitomi just stopped to renew TENS of Accounts…
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2023
    A good system was created when there were hundreds and thousands of good players and a Big Dev team.

But in recent years, one person listened to maybe a handful of whiners and changed the game. 

Isn't that the same with PVP, since when it became like an "experience-player-only" game. There is this mentality of if-you-are-not-a-pvper-then-STFU. 

Some mobile games are 100% pvp only and they are everyone's games. So much fun. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • NonelNonel Posts: 26
    UO players are always wrong. There was a dev a long time ago (forget who) that basically acknowledged this with sort of a, 'We're going to tell you what you want' kind of post on Stratics. People were mad at the guy for being on point. :D
  • Ivenor said:
    Still no explanation why Dynamic Events Drops are Shard Bound in the first place, and still the ended Dynamic Events Drops are unreasonably Shard Bound...

Does it matter?
    edited September 2023
    Ivenor said:

Does it matter?

For me, as a PAYING UO player, yes. 

As I wrote many times, I DON'T HAVE THE TIME NOR THE INTEREST, IT IS NOT MY STYLE of play to go dungeoning (I'm a Deco buff), and the foolish SB of the Dynamic Events Drops (even the ENDED ones) precluded me the possibility to complete my Events Armors Collection on my Low Pop Shard because:

1) 90% on the Drops items are simply NEVER FOR SALE on Low Pop Shards;
    2) I can't move the Drops I bought on ATL (where it is feasible to complete an DE Drops collection buying the items from Vendors) on my Low Pop Shard.

So the Devs decision has BROKEN my (and not only my) game style for NO sensate reason and NO gain for anyone.
  • Ivenor said:
    Ivenor said:

Does it matter?

As I wrote many times, I DON'T HAVE THE TIME NOR THE INTEREST, IT IS NOT MY STYLE of play to go dungeoning (I'm a Deco buff), and the foolish SB of the Dynamic Events Drops (even the ENDED ones) precluded me the possibility to complete my Events Armors Collection on my Low Pop Shard because:

2) I can't move the Drops I bought on ATL (where it is feasible to complete an DE Drops collection buying the items from Vendors) on my Low Pop Shard.

So the Devs decision has BROKEN my (and not only my) game style for NO sensate reason and NO gain for anyone.

As a paying UO player I prefer them to remain shard bound.
    You haven't given any reason why they shouldn't remain shard bound other then some bs self interest story.
    Ivenor said:
    Ivenor said:

Does it matter?

You haven't given any reason why they shouldn't remain shard bound other then some bs self interest story.
    And you have given no reason AT ALL why they should remain SB, so dismount your High Beetle and go to moralize somewhere else, thanks.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    edited September 2023
    If all players had access to vendors on shards other than just the shard they play on, you would not have an argument for shard bound.  But they don’t.  During invasion event most spellbook drops, regardless of where they were obtained, offered for sale were placed on Atlantic vendors. Newer players on other shards not able to travel from shard to shard had no opportunity to buy the books.  Hence, the shard bound solution.
    Ivenor said:
    Ivenor said:
    Ivenor said:

Does it matter?

And you have given no reason AT ALL why they should remain SB, so dismount your High Beetle and go to moralize somewhere else, thanks.
    You have shard shields don't you? 
    edited September 2023
    Arnold7 said:
    If all players had access to vendors on shards other than just the shard they play on, you would not have an argument for shard bound.  But they don’t.  During invasion event most spellbook drops, regardless of where they were obtained, offered for sale were placed on Atlantic vendors. Newer players on other shards not able to travel from shard to shard had no opportunity to buy the books.  Hence, the shard bound solution.

Wrong. 

Clearly you haven't the slightest idea of how EMPTY are the Vendos in Low Pop Shards NOW. Vendors on which, during the Dynamic Events (as I already wrote: please try to READ the Posts sometime), the 90% of the Drops are NEVER put up for sale.

Beside this, New Players (if they still exist today...) are routinely offered free items, even of high level, from many Guilds to start to play.

Last, again, I'm NOT speaking of USEFUL items (as could be the DE Rewards) but ONLY of COLLECTIBLE D.E. Armor Drops, that have NO REASON to be kept SB after the end of an Event.

Oh, BTW, as somone noted, the Eggs in the last two Events where NOT SB, so the Devs ARE conscious that having the Drops SB is a foolish idea.
    edited September 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Ivenor said:
    Ivenor said:
    Ivenor said:

Does it matter?

Yes, Shields that are of NO USE, considering that SB Items can't be moved.

And this is the Point of this whole Thread, if you haven't noticed.... :D
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    Shard bound items show upon vendors on my shard and I buy and sell them on my shard.  I don’t play on other shards or pay much attention to them other than for a player on Atlantic who I use to check for prices there.  I can’t travel from one shard to another for less than $40 for a round trip ticket and to be honest it’s not worth that to me.  But hen I compare prices between what things, shard bound and non shard bound, sell for on my shard and Atlantic, and when I check availability as well, it’s obvious that vendor search is not working for players without shard shields.  Shard bound allows me to be competitive on those items.
    Ivenor said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Ivenor said:
    Ivenor said:
    Ivenor said:

Does it matter?

So you just want your monopoly to continue?  How about if using a paid token removed SB?
    edited September 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Ivenor said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Ivenor said:
    Ivenor said:
    Ivenor said:

Does it matter?

So you just want your monopoly to continue? 

***How about if using a paid token removed SB?***

A Token? Fine by me, as long as it is reasonably priced! 

And, to be clear, with "reasonably" I mean at max 100 Sovreigns each, surely not a 500 S as the Transmo ones.

And... of what monopoly are you speaking of? I trade(d) between Shards mainly to have funds to complete my collection, I were not the only one, and, by far, not the biggest one...
    Arnold7 said:
    Shard bound items show upon vendors on my shard and I buy and sell them on my shard.  I don’t play on other shards or pay much attention to them other than for a player on Atlantic who I use to check for prices there.  I can’t travel from one shard to another for less than $40 for a round trip ticket and to be honest it’s not worth that to me.  But hen I compare prices between what things, shard bound and non shard bound, sell for on my shard and Atlantic, and when I check availability as well, it’s obvious that vendor search is not working for players without shard shields.  Shard bound allows me to be competitive on those items.

So you are saying that as long as SB is good for your business, you are OK if it destroy mine.

Nice to know.
This discussion has been closed.