new pets coming from the events?

Anyone know if we are getting any new pets during these events?
I am hoping for a armored and rideable butterfly

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,178
    edited September 2023
    The last brand new pet we received was the Triton a few years ago. I say that to say, I don't think new pets are slated for this year because they would need some sort of balancing test done on TC1. Even the Wildfire Ozzie which was kind of like a bane dragon remake underwent a month or so of testing.

If the Triton/WF Ozzie were any indicator of the balancing done it would be a month or more of testing required and since we are halfway to October, I just don't see that happening this year. 
  • Hot air balloons
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,041
    keven2002 said:
    The last brand new pet we received was the Triton a few years ago. I say that to say, I don't think new pets are slated for this year because they would need some sort of balancing test done on TC1. Even the Wildfire Ozzie which was kind of like a bane dragon remake underwent a month or so of testing.

If the Triton/WF Ozzie were any indicator of the balancing done it would be a month or more of testing required and since we are halfway to October, I just don't see that happening this year. 
    Our last tameable was over a decade ago token pets don't count
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,259
    Grimbeard said:
    keven2002 said:

Why do you think they do not count, are they not a pet that takes up control slots or stable slots.  Did you tame all of your pets?  If you bought a pet than it is no different than a token pet.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,994Moderator
    Grimbeard said:
    keven2002 said:

While it's been a bit longer than I realised since Animal Training was introduced, it's a bit of a stretch to call it a 'decade'. New pets introduced at that time were:
    • Shadow Wyrm
    • Phoenix
    • Dimetrosaur
    • Gallusaurus
    • Saurosaurus
    • Serpentine Dragon
    • Najasaurus
    • Dread Spider
    • Tsuki Wolf
    • Dragon Wolf – found guarding Level 6 treasure chests in all facets except Ter Mur
    • Cold Drake – found guarding Level 6 treasure chests
    • Frost Dragon – found guarding Level 7 treasure chests in Trammel or Felucca
    • Palamino Horse – found in the Second Age
    • Sabre-Toothed Tiger – found in the Valley of Eodon
    • Triceratops – found in the Valley of Eodon
    • Lion – found in the Valley of Eodon
    • Blood Fox – found in Ilshenar
    • Frost Mite – found in Tokuno
    • Ossein Ram – found in Deceit
    • Platinum & Crimson Drakes
      • Platinum & Crimson Drakes spawn in various locations throughout Felucca, Trammel, Ilshenar, Malas, & Eodon.
        • Destard, Montor, Ice Dungeon, Umbra, and the Kotl City
        • Platinum and Crimson Drakes spawn in colors related to the type of damage they deal.
    • Stygian Drakes spawn in various locations throughout the Stygian Abyss.
      • Stygian Drakes spawn in a variety of rare hues and deal physical damage.
      That doesn't include the frost drake that spawns during the Krampus event.

• Don't forget the new color Rabbits
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,041
    Token pets are not tamed and they cannot be sold via magincia stalls 
  • HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    So what you're saying is.. there is a chance.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,124
    Holumer said:
    So what you're saying is.. there is a chance.
    Exactly!

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,957
    Holumer said:
    Anyone know if we are getting any new pets during these events?
    I am hoping for a armored and rideable butterfly
    Rather then seeing new pets released, I'd rather much prefer to see first fixed what does not work with the traning of pets.... What help would it do to have a new pet released if then a Tamer is limited with the training options because some training options do not work as intended or as they should ? Not to mention, some spells which pets use way too often and that drain up their mana thus hurtin the pets' ability to use other, much more effecgtive and usefull spells....