Would you be interested in...

If they created a new production server with a free character transfer in, but no other transfers and no gold transfers in etc., would you play?

Only playable in EC to limit scripting. Transfer restrictions to help the economy. 
  1. Would you play13 votes
    1. Yes
      15.38%
    2. No
      84.62%

Comments

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited September 2023
    Playing EC will not limit scripting at all, you don't have to play CC to script/bot UO.   I'm not sure why some of you think that.

I doubt most people would want to start over just to have a closed economy, that's all we'd get out of it if it were just another production shard, with one-way transfers in.

It also wouldn't take long for the economy there to catch up (If people actually did play there) because bots are rampant & there aren't any truly effective goldsinks.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    I did not know you could script in EC.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Holumer said:
    I did not know you could script in EC.
    EC was made for Modding.  Notice all the threads showing you how to change things.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,311
    Problem more is being stuck on one shard really puts newer players at a severe disadvantage when it comes to obtaining basic resources.  Maybe NL will resolve this issue if players lose interest in playing on the other shards.  Getting tired of seeing nonshardbound special items selling for 20 to 40 million more or sometimes even more that than they sell for on Atlantic.  Do notice for the most part no one, including me, is buying at that price.  The rate of return is just not there.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 410
    @Holumer are you pops new account?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    Speculation like this is tantamount to troll bait. I'm not sure what you hope to achieve with your frequent posts attempting to take the game in a whole new direction on several fronts. Do you have any understanding of the game we play?
    It is not troll bait and this is not someone else. If you do not want to participate in conversation about ideas and gameplay and other things then do not. 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Holumer said:
    It is not troll bait and this is not someone else. If you do not want to participate in conversation about ideas and gameplay and other things then do not. 
    It is troll bait because it brings up the war between EC and CC which is only 2nd to the war between Fel and Tram.  EC is fully scriptable and if there were a shard EC only you would see scripting going on.  Only the Devs know witch client is being used, you do not.  We welcome any suggestion that brings UO together not divides it even more.  When you suggest something about a separate shard take a look at the 2 Fel only shards because if REAL PvP is what all PvPers wanted then those shards would be packed.
    Opinions vary.
    I am thankful that this has turned into a debate. Forums should have discorse.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Speculation like this is tantamount to troll bait. I'm not sure what you hope to achieve with your frequent posts attempting to take the game in a whole new direction on several fronts. Do you have any understanding of the game we play?
    While many things need nda secrets some things should be set things that would end speculation  season length transfer policies etc there is zero reason to not communicate 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Grimbeard said:
    While many things need nda secrets some things should be set things that would end speculation  season length transfer policies etc there is zero reason to not communicate 
    If you would have read the posts and watched the videos that were posted by UO when this first came out then you would already have your answers to some of your questions.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Grimbeard said:
    If you would have read the posts and watched the videos that were posted by UO when this first came out then you would already have your answers to some of your questions.
    Not my questions. But questions posted over and over by multi posters now if the answers have been posted previously how hard is it for Mesanna to reiterate them
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I would be more interested in new posters that don't create 20 new topics during their first week.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • looploop Posts: 309
    edited September 2023
    Holumer said:
    It is troll bait because it brings up the war between EC and CC which is only 2nd to the war between Fel and Tram.  EC is fully scriptable and if there were a shard EC only you would see scripting going on.  Only the Devs know witch client is being used, you do not.  We welcome any suggestion that brings UO together not divides it even more.  When you suggest something about a separate shard take a look at the 2 Fel only shards because if REAL PvP is what all PvPers wanted then those shards would be packed.
    Regarding EC vs. other clients, it’s not as “scriptable”. For example, you can’t process certain actions (using spells, items, etc.) outside of mouse clicks or macros, which prevents things like auto-bandaging. You can’t write an automated script in Lua for EC via the UI code in the same way you can use JavaScript or Python (or even Pascal!) for the others… 

If you know how to do this, please PM me
    ;).