returning player from the old days

first i played for years when you could make money on ebay.

i just got the itch to play again and started up again, man i forgot so much.

question does uo assist still work ?

any other help you can send my please do 

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    edited August 2023
    welcome back !
    Yes assist still works...
    what shard are you on ?
    most people use discord as well.
  • Man I would honestly wait to start playing again until New Legacy and start fresh with everyone else. It is just starting alpha and I can't imagine a UO alpha/best being incredibly lengthy so hopefully the wait would just be a few months at most.

Feel free to go ahead and jump back in now but I feel the better option is to just wait and get that fresh new experience.
  • i started back on Atlantic.... where i played before ... and on legends 

ok im confused is there a new expansion coming or new game and starting over ?

man im lost

New Legacy is a seasonal shard that gets wiped every year or so. personally I don't like those types of games. I like building characters and homes that I can keep, starting over again and again isn't my thing. Atlanta is the busiest shard for sure. I would start playing there now and get in a guild lots of good people there dissipate Atl reputation. also NL might not be out until next year who knows its been 3 years now and is just now in alpha... 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    I hope you like reading. Everything you thought you remember about the game from the ebay era has completely changed. Very important to read and start talking to everyone to get an idea how you might want to start off. 

Atlantic is the shopping hub of the game. It's entirely too crowded but there's LOTS of people to help so that's a plus for you. There's always a group you can tag along with for the big stuff. 

Find a guild. Quality guilds on Atl are:
    -LLTS has been around since the beginning of UO
    -KOOL some really awesome people that'll help without question
    -TWT also has some nice people
    -UWF i didn't care much for their gm until i had a personal convo super good dude.

Most of us have been here 20+ years and won't hesitate to drop coin to make a rookies life easier
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    edkaraway said:
    first i played for years when you could make money on ebay.

i just got the itch to play again and started up again, man i forgot so much.

question does uo assist still work ?

Welcome back!

UOA does indeed still work but I think your machine has to be Windows 10 or newer. I have Windows 7 still on my gaming machine and ever since Microsoft stopped supporting Win7, my UOA won't "update". It gave me 10x to log in before disabling UOA which lasted me a few months (I tend to keep UO open instead of closing out - and haven't played much the last 6 months) but now UOA doesn't work. 

I emailed tugsoft about it but never received a response. I guess I could follow up on that but not sure if they will want to include an OS no longer supported by Microsoft.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
    Movie gif Several Minions from Despicable Me cheer clap and give thumbs up Text Welcome back
    Oh and make sure you get a rune to Sushi's rune library on Atlantic. 

I've been on Atl for a long time and seen a lot of libraries. Each one was built with blood sweat and tears but this dude went so above and beyond with his work. 
    where is that located @Urge
    Straight left (SW) of the pixie lake outside umbra (lake of tears?) It's the first library i've ever seen that uses ALL runic atlas.

;)
  • HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    Welcome back!! Bring friends
  • KraggKragg Posts: 8
    edited August 2023
    My personal suggestion to all new returnees is to create a new char and use Enhanced Client.  That way you relearn the game and EC without being overwhelmed. New Haven is a good place to start and there are quests getting you 500 gold each which basically are to learn the layout of Haven.  Also many skills have a quest that will involve accererated training and get you to 50 skill very quickly.
    If you need assistance and are on Lake Superior, I am willing to aid. I am long winded , but thorough and respected as a teacher.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Kragg said:
    My personal suggestion to all new returnees is to create a new char and use Enhanced Client.  That way you relearn the game and EC without being overwhelmed. New Haven is a good place to start and there are quests getting you 500 gold each which basically are to learn the layout of Haven.  Also many skills have a quest that will involve accererated training and get you to 50 skill very quickly.
    If you need assistance and are on Lake Superior, I am willing to aid. I am long winded , but thorough and respected as a teacher.
    Agreed, I did the same when I returned in 2015. Switch to EC first thing first.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • daricdaric Posts: 32
    Welcome back