Hello, I'm a forum crank, and I'd like to ramble about my arbitrary list of inane pet peeves.

Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 104
edited August 2023 in General Discussions
So like for starters, skittering hoppers. You can tame them, but there's no food they eat, so you can't really keep or bond them. This stinks and should have been fixed some time during the Bush Administration. I know a very nice woman from Sweden who still brings this up and would totally play the game again if they made skittering hoppers eat food. That's like 33% of my close personal friends who used to play UO but don't right now. If we extrapolate this to the general population? Ayyyy.

Also, how is it that loot items of different quality levels are visually indistinguishable without reading? Like make the top few tiers of artifacts spawn in different colors. Nothing rare, just some basic ore or natural dye colors or something. Then I know which items on the corpse are most likely to be worth looking at. Maybe make the text in the item tag a different color too, like literally every other video game in the entire universe that expects people to sort loot.

Actually I'm pretty seriousface about this second thing. Well I'm serious about the first thing too, and also hello Linda I told you I'd post on the forums about skittering hoppers, but yeah this second one seems sort of obvious doesn't it? I mean skittering hoppers may have fallen through the cracks, but we look at the loot system every day.

Anyway I'll be back later to ramble more about these things or quite possibly other random things here in the Lord Nythrax Containment Thread.
  1. Choose your fate.8 votes
    1. Pancakes
      25.00%
    2. Waffles
      12.50%
    3. French Toast
      37.50%
    4. Cold Pizza
      25.00%

Comments

• The Skittering Hopper will eat Tasty Treats, so i'd imagine they can be bonded that way. i'll let you know in a few days. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• I am intrigued!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    edited August 2023
    All pets eat tasty treats or any of the Khaldun versions.  I think black rock stew is the same.

I can follow you around in a hopper costume if that would help.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    All pets eat tasty treats or any of the Khaldun versions.  I think black rock stew is the same.
    It would not eat the Khaldun variety oddly enough. 

Pawain said:
    I can follow you around in a hopper costume if that would help.
    Pics, or it didn't happen.

A true unique pet!  
  • Mighty Lord Nythrax hereby declares that the Elves Only property is stupid, never had any reason to exist beyond getting people to buy ML back in the day, and definitely has no reason to exist now. He bids the developers to be rid of it.

Also, undead tamed with the necromancy mastery should become insta-bonded so they can recall around with you. And you should be able to stable them at the crypt just outside Umbra. Oh and make a "targeted spirit speak" macro option so we can heal them with that skill.

The pets aren't that strong and that isn't much healing at all, a generic mage with a couple vollems would be much better at playing faux-tamer, but I'd still go for it. Throw in the art assets from Umbra as house pieces and sell the whole thing for money.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,032
    They made earrings so anyone could wear elf stuff didn't they
    edited August 2023
    Vollems  are 3 slot now so they balanced that issue.   :D

Yay I recall back then, elves and their darn ears.

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,408
    edited August 2023
    so female elfs can wear the most items
    need to make it so you can only wear what you are male or female human efl gargoyle or make it so all can wear everything lol
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,032
    Elfs should be able to wear human 
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 104
    edited September 2023
    Mighty Lord Nythrax wishes to complain further!

The Dark Father in Doom is stupid now. It seems like it literally chases anyone who deals any ranged damage to it at all, instantly. This turns any fight involving anything besides melee and bards into a total trainwreck. I just spend the whole fight chasing it around while stabbing it in the butt.

It's not standard paragon AI, it doesn't seem to matter how much damage the ranged attacker is doing, it just does what it wants to do. They can be fighting Darth Vader and Wolverine to the death at point blank range and if Gollum throws a pebble at him he'll be like OH MY GOD DID YOU GUYS SEE THAT and tear off after him.

Maybe it starts chasing them when they score a hit higher than whatever individual ticks I'm doing while I whirlwind all the trash mobs down? It sure does stick to them though, even once they're just running and I'm stabbing it in the butt. I don't know. Lord Nythrax grows weary of butt stabbing. If it has to be like this, give me a "taunt" like World of Warcraft or something.
  • @Lord_Nythrax ; Tasty treats work to bond a hopper.

• Aw heck, thanks for letting me know man!
  • For sale!! one maxed out all 120 scrolled Hopper, 5 plats!!

• Aw heck, thanks for letting me know man!
    you are welcome.

• AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 647
    edited September 2023
    I want a new spell that's called 'Butt Stabber'.