New Legacy Alpha Sign-Ups Open Today!

2»

Comments

• KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,123Dev
    Probably next week sometime.  Going to take some time to assemble all the moving parts.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,258
    edited August 2023
    Kyronix said:
    Probably next week sometime.  Going to take some time to assemble all the moving parts.

B) 
  • AsgarinAsgarin Posts: 2
    Hail,
    where can i find the signup stone?

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,121
    edited August 2023
    Asgarin said:
    Hail,

I think it is past the 48 hours, so its gone if not behind the ropes in Brit commons on TC.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • AsgarinAsgarin Posts: 2
    edited August 2023
    Pawain said:
    Asgarin said:
    Hail,

I think it is past the 48 hours, so its gone if not behind the ropes in Brit commons on TC.
    Thx for the help.
    The stone is gone. :'(

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2023
    You need honest reviewers to give 100% real feedback for NLS to work.

Anyone who claims the last bunny event are great aren't sincere and qualified enough to participate in testing. Whatever it is they will say Its GREAT!!!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    I didn't even try to sign up for the alpha testing stage.  I don't get much time to play anymore, so I figured it wouldn't be fair to tie up a testing spot (if I was selected) if I realistically wouldn't be able to do much.

However, I just wanted to put out a request asking if people can be checking to see if New Legacy will be a good choice for people like me who no longer have time to sit and play for hours on end on an almost daily basis.  I really hope that New Legacy will be something that people can enjoy playing for short blocks of time and that there will be things to do solo during those blocks of time or that it will be easy to group up with strangers to do things for short blocks of time without ending up feeling like you shouldn't have even bothered.  And if you do need to group up to have a good experience in New Legacy, it would be helpful to know what will be the suggested mechanisms for communicating with the other players in your group.

I suspect there are an awful lot of players like me or people who might be lured back who are in the same boat as me with not being able to play much anymore, whether it's because of work, education or family obligations or because it's just not a good idea to be so sedentary.  

It would also be good to start letting us know whether system requirements for New Legacy will be different than for current UO.  Some of us are older, maybe set in our ways, and/or on a fixed income and if we need to get something new to play New Legacy, we probably have to start planning soon to purchase new computers and figuring out if we will be able or comfortable with satisfying group-communication requirements.

That's all from me for right now.  Good luck to the developers/programmers and the testers.  The rest of us will be anxiously waiting to hear from you...hopefully in the not-too-distant future, i.e., "soon"!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,121
    Margrette said:
    I didn't even try to sign up for the alpha testing stage.  I don't get much time to play anymore, so I figured it wouldn't be fair to tie up a testing spot (if I was selected) if I realistically wouldn't be able to do much.

However, I just wanted to put out a request asking if people can be checking to see if New Legacy will be a good choice for people like me who no longer have time to sit and play for hours on end on an almost daily basis.  I really hope that New Legacy will be something that people can enjoy playing for short blocks of time and that there will be things to do solo during those blocks of time or that it will be easy to group up with strangers to do things for short blocks of time without ending up feeling like you shouldn't have even bothered.  And if you do need to group up to have a good experience in New Legacy, it would be helpful to know what will be the suggested mechanisms for communicating with the other players in your group.

I suspect there are an awful lot of players like me or people who might be lured back who are in the same boat as me with not being able to play much anymore, whether it's because of work, education or family obligations or because it's just not a good idea to be so sedentary.  

It would also be good to start letting us know whether system requirements for New Legacy will be different than for current UO.  Some of us are older, maybe set in our ways, and/or on a fixed income and if we need to get something new to play New Legacy, we probably have to start planning soon to purchase new computers and figuring out if we will be able or comfortable with satisfying group-communication requirements.

That's all from me for right now.  Good luck to the developers/programmers and the testers.  The rest of us will be anxiously waiting to hear from you...hopefully in the not-too-distant future, i.e., "soon"!
    One of the focus points was to make where if you joined 6 months later, you would be able to catch up with the others. Grinds should be streamlined.

So hopefully they are.  

Maybe they will pick popps as a tester.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,258
     :D