Question about slayers and damage

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    I doubt the suits work for spells. They have dex stats.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 527
    edited August 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Sorry I  meant 100% cold poison etc

Ah, ok. Well, the answer is basically going to be the same. What you're using is going to depend on the encounter and how you're playing that encounter.

If you are using Armor Ignore, elemental damage is irrelevant.

In any other case, does the opponent still have resistance or have you zeroed it out with Bard Debuffs, Onslought, etc.? If the opponent still has resistance, can you keep Consecrate Weapon running? Does the mana use from casting CW interfere with chaining special moves? If you can chain specials with CW, why bother with an elemental weapon?

If you can't use, or don't want to use Consecrate Weapon, then the correct elemental weapon will produce more damage for you over time.

--
    For reference, I get tired of casting CW, and the mana use from it, so I've begun building specific elemental damage weapons for specific creatures. However, for general adventuring, all of my weapons are 100% Physical. 
    100% Elemental Weapons are still useful for Swordsman, even if you do use Con Wep. Onslaught lowers the resist (up to -20) of whatever is the weapon's damage type, even with Con Wep active. If you use a 100% Physical Damage Double Axe to fight a Greater Dragon, and you use Con Wep, then you'll be hitting it's weakest Resist (Cold), but if you use Onslaught, it'll lower the Physical Resist instead of Cold Resist. You'd end up doing more damage with a 100% Cold Damage Double Axe using Onslaught.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Grimbeard said:

Ah, ok. Well, the answer is basically going to be the same. What you're using is going to depend on the encounter and how you're playing that encounter.

In any other case, does the opponent still have resistance or have you zeroed it out with Bard Debuffs, Onslought, etc.? If the opponent still has resistance, can you keep Consecrate Weapon running? Does the mana use from casting CW interfere with chaining special moves? If you can chain specials with CW, why bother with an elemental weapon?

If you can't use, or don't want to use Consecrate Weapon, then the correct elemental weapon will produce more damage for you over time.

--
    For reference, I get tired of casting CW, and the mana use from it, so I've begun building specific elemental damage weapons for specific creatures. However, for general adventuring, all of my weapons are 100% Physical. 
    100% Elemental Weapons are still useful for Swordsman, even if you do use Con Wep. Onslaught lowers the resist (up to -20) of whatever is the weapon's damage type, even with Con Wep active. If you use a 100% Physical Damage Double Axe to fight a Greater Dragon, and you use Con Wep, then you'll be hitting it's weakest Resist (Cold), but if you use Onslaught, it'll lower the Physical Resist instead of Cold Resist. You'd end up doing more damage with a 100% Cold Damage Double Axe using Onslaught.

It's my paladin macer on question no bushido 
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 527
    edited August 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:

--

It's my paladin macer on question no bushido 

Then the only benefit of running 100% Elemental Wep then, is convenience, or if you're getting Mana Drained/Vamped and don't have the Mana for Con Wep. Can reforge for 100% HML on Mauls instead of Elemental Damage.
    Mauls for DS. Hammer Picks for AI. Barbed Whips for WW.