Vendor Balance

PoisonPoison Posts: 7
edited August 2023 in General Discussions
Can you change Vendors so they charge Less Daily or make Renentable Commission Vendors.

I like to PVP and so I like having a Fel house, for the best PVP experience my home is an open layout so I can't set it to public for vendors. I'm interested in renting a vendor but with items being so high in price these days, if I want to fill up my vendor so it looks nice and stocked I have to pay extremely high daily prices because of the vendor tax.

The average player that wants to participate in PVP and PVM shouldn't have to have Two Accounts for houses, for a vendor that doesn't charge a fortune daily.

1. Rentable Commision Vendors OR Cheaper Daily Rates12 votes
    1. YES
      41.67%
    2. NO
      58.33%

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,030
    Choices are hard
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited August 2023
    Always interesting how they allow you to 'rent' auction safes but not a commission vendor, considering all the problems that come with 'renting' auction safes. You can literally hold a player's house hostage as long as you keep items on the auction safe, preventing customization and permanently having safes at a house. A GM will NOT remove an item or a safe that is active, or has an item on it, and as a house owner you CANNOT DO ANYTHING to stop this. You have to wait till it's empty to chop it.

A commission vendor you could just cancel the contract, easy peasy. The dev team defies all logic sometimes (a lot of times). A bit bass-ackwards ain't it?

** By renting I mean allowing players to place them at other player's houses by temporarily co-owning.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,311
    edited August 2023
    Always thought this rule intentionally discriminated against players not having a house on the shard were they wanted to sell he item.  Not sure about the logic.  An explanation would be helpful.
    Arnold7 said:
    Always thought this rule intentionally discriminated against players not having a house on the shard were they wanted to sell he item.  Not sure about the logic.  An explanation would be helpful.
    Player interaction is wanted? You can spam selling stuff in chat no vendor needed 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    edited August 2023
    Arnold7 said:
    Items on Commission vendors take up housing space.  That is why they are not rentals.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,311
    Think that explains it.
    edited August 2023
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:
    Items on Commission vendors take up housing space.  That is why they are not rentals.
    So do auction safes, yet they're allowed to be rentals.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    username said:
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:
    Can you put 125 items on each auction safe?
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    Since vendors are the most effective current goldsink UO has, I'd have to say no to this.

Gold isn't being removed from the game fast enough.

The amount you pay for a 'daily' fee on vendors, If I remember right, it's 0.6% "for sale" prices you have set on your goods, and +60gp is for the normal charge per day for the vendor to stand there all day.  If anything, the vendors should go on strike and demand higher pay.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited August 2023
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:
    All vendors have 125 items on them? TIL.

You can put infinite safe at a house so they could use equally the same amount of storage.

edited August 2023
    username said:
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:
    All vendors have 125 items on them? TIL.

You can put infinite safe at a house so they could use equally the same amount of storage.
    So, you are saying I can go to someone's house and put as many safes as I want?   I don't think so.  

According to you, the only way a person can put a safe is to be a co owner.  First, why would someone co own their house to a stranger?

If you put co owner to a stranger, they can add any item to a house to fill it up.

We are talking about renting controlled items to a non co owner. Not something only a sucker would do, make a stranger a co owner even if temporary.

1 safe holds 1 item, a Commission vendor can hold 125 items that count towards the house limit.  That is a huge difference, that is why they do not rent commission vendors.
    edited August 2023
    Pawain said:
    So, you are saying I can go to someone's house and put as many safes as I want?   I don't think so.  

read?
    username said:
    ** By renting I mean allowing players to place them at other player's houses by temporarily co-owning.
    The whole point for the vendors is Mesanna didnt want people to have access to any amount of storage in anyone elses house, and for the other reason I outlined, she's a hypocrite.

username said:
    Pawain said:

read?
    username said:
    The whole point for the vendors is Mesanna didnt want people to have access to any amount of storage in anyone elses house, and for the other reason I outlined, she's a hypocrite.
    In what way, if safes are rented only by allowing a co-owner.  That means it is not another persons house. That player was/is a co-owner. I see no hypocrisy. More of an exploit, especially since the owner can no remove it you say.
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Pawain said:

read?
    username said:
    In what way, if safes are rented only by allowing a co-owner.  That means it is not another persons house. That player was/is a co-owner. I see no hypocrisy. More of an exploit, especially since the owner can no remove it you say.
    Any vendors are rented by who exactly? That's what I thought

username said:
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Pawain said:

read?
    username said:
    The kind that do not take space from the house.  But they cost more, that is what this thread is about.  The OP wants another option.

All did was come here and tell readers why commission vendors are not rental vendors.

So as answered in Grimbeard said:
    Choices are hard
    We have two vendor types, they each have rules.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    Poison said:
    Can you change Vendors so they charge Less Daily or make Renentable Commission Vendors.

I like to PVP and so I like having a Fel house, for the best PVP experience my home is an open layout so I can't set it to public for vendors. I'm interested in renting a vendor but with items being so high in price these days, if I want to fill up my vendor so it looks nice and stocked I have to pay extremely high daily prices because of the vendor tax.

The average player that wants to participate in PVP and PVM shouldn't have to have Two Accounts for houses, for a vendor that doesn't charge a fortune daily.

I am ABSOLUTELY in favour of rentable Commission Vendors.

I think they could easily be done even though they take lockdowns for the items that they sell.ù

How ?

Easy.... just add between the home owner and the player renting them (either for a fee or for free, depending how the 2 parties decide to agree on as it now is with regular vendors...) the ability to give to the Rentable Commission Vendor a "max" number of lockdowns (items) which it can carry which will then be subtracted, as long as that vendor is in lace in that home, to the total lockdowns possible for that home....

Problem solved, and a GREAT addition to players enjoyment of UO gameplay added....

This would be especially usefull for players playing multiple Shards but with only 1 account and, therefore, unable to have a home on a second shard...

With Rentable Commission Vendors, they could also enjoy a Commission Vendor on the 2nd Shard that they play on...

@Kyronix , can we please get them ?

Thanks !!
    Grimbeard said:
    Arnold7 said:
    Player interaction is wanted? You can spam selling stuff in chat no vendor needed 
    TIME.

Spamming selling stuff in Chat takes a player's time to do it.... and a lot of too....

Placing an item on a Commission Vendor just permits the player to save up a lot of time in the sale of that given item and, thus, allow the player to play the game, rather then span in Chat to try sell that item....
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:
    An easily solvable issue, to my opinion....

When renting out a rentable Commission Vendor, the home owner and the player renting it (for a fee or for free, depending on how the 2 parties will want to agree on...), within the various options there could be one where the home owner could set the MAX number of lockdowns that the rentable commission vendor was to have and that MAX number of lockdowns would be subtracted from the number of lockdowns that the house has until that rentable commission vendor was to be active.

Problem solved.

Personally, I think that is can be done.
    edited August 2023
    username said:
    Pawain said:

read?
    username said:
    And "how" , if I may ask, would have people been able to have access to " any " amount of storage in anyone else's house " IF " the Developers designed rentable Commission Vendors to be given a MAX number of lockdowns assigned by the house owner at the precise moment that they are rented out to another player, a MAX amount of lockdowns which would have then be subtracted to the total of the house lockdowns until that Rentable Commission Vendor has been active in that house ?

It would have been something in full and total control of the House owner and to be agreed uon by the house owner and the other player renting out that Rentable Commission Vendor.

I do not see why it cannot be done. To my opinion, it would be feasible and a great addition to players' enjoyment of UO.
    edited August 2023
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Pawain said:

read?
    username said:
    The kind that do not take space from the house.  But they cost more, that is what this thread is about.  The OP wants another option.

All did was come here and tell readers why commission vendors are not rental vendors.

So as answered in Grimbeard said:
    Choices are hard

The Rules can very well be changes, modified.... if the changes can enhance and improve players' enjoyment of the game as the case is, to my opinion, with Rentable Commission Vendors....

Rules should never be something set in stone to never change.... when necessary, and for good reasons (and I think Rentable Commission Vendors is a very well reason good enough to prompt for such a change...) they should be changed.....

I do not see why, for example, a House owner and a player could not agree upon a Rentable Commission Vendor that was to have a MAX of, say, 5 or 10, even 20/30 lockdowns CAP of items that could be placed on that Rentable Commission Vendor to be subtracted (the MAX allocated CAP of items) from that House total number of available lockdowns....

It would have a minimal impact on that House total number of lockdowns and, yet, it would have an enormous enhancement of the enjoyment of the gameplay for the player renting out that Rentable Commission Vendor who cannot have a house of his/her own on that Shard because he/she already has a House on another Shard that he/she plays on...

@Kyronix , can we please get, finally, Rentable Commission Vendors ?

Thanks !!
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Arnold7 said:
    TIME.

Spamming selling stuff in Chat takes a player's time to do it.... and a lot of too....

Placing an item on a Commission Vendor just permits the player to save up a lot of time in the sale of that given item and, thus, allow the player to play the game, rather then span in Chat to try sell that item....
    Like i said choices are hard use what exists or spend time that's 3 options 
  • PoisonPoison Posts: 7
    Grimbeard, I feel you are a very negative person. I hope this forum doesn't reflect what kind of person you are inside and outside the game.
  • If they ever do change it so you can rent out commision vendors (I personally don't see a need for it, but am not opposed to it if they decide to) they'll have to limit the number. the max vendor count times 125 is going to be close to double the amount of available storage to the house. so they'd need to limit the number of them to 12 or so, or limit the item count on the rented vendors to 25. that would give people options either way. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

No negativity intended but UO is about choices 
  • NonelNonel Posts: 26
    Commission vendors should be rentable. If the home owner decides to rent out such a vendor, they are making that choice to sacrifice a possible 125 storage space. See no problem there.

To defend Grimbeard's statements about choices: The OP states that they choose to have a private house. My prodo Fel x-roads house and my Siege house are both public with commission vendors. Ah well. Choices.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Poison said:
    Grimbeard, I feel you are a very negative person. I hope this forum doesn't reflect what kind of person you are inside and outside the game.
    Alls @Grimbeard did was state facts of your choices, That does not make him a negative person.  You made a choice on how you designed your house so you could house hide when PvPing and now you want UO to change the rules on vendors to accommodate your choices.  Open another account or change your house design so you can have vendors/safes and put a teleport tile in so you can easily run to your house and be safe.  There are two more solutions.
  • @Grimbeard negative? nah, they're passionate and frustrated with the game but not a bad person at all. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,177
    Find a trustworthy person, that's what I do.

My friend has an Atlantic House, I put the items I want on my vendor in her garden shed with a book with the price I want. She puts them on a commission vendor for me.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Larisa said:

My friend has an Atlantic House, I put the items I want on my vendor in her garden shed with a book with the price I want. She puts them on a commission vendor for me.

TY for ANOTHER option.
    Larisa said:

Why on earth should players go through all of this, with a high level of trustworthyness to have to be involved which many times can very well be well placed, but at times it might not be, when all the Developers should (and, to my opinion, could do...) would be to design Rentable Commission Vendors with a CAP of the items (to be subtracted from the total of available lockdowns of the House....) which the vendors could hold that the House owner and the player renting the vendor out, would need to agree upon ?