IDOCs are dumb anyways... Devs if you're listening, read this. PT 2.

usernameusername Posts: 710
edited July 2023 in General Discussions

WHY ARE WE ALLOWING A SINGLE POSTER TO GET ENTIRE THREADS LOCKED, INSTEAD OF JUST REMOVING SAID POST?

KNOCK IT OFF @Mariah

Has always been a really poor idea for people to profit off of people quitting. Not to mention the massive amount of cheating that revolves around it and has for the last 25 years. While you're looking at IDOCs, let's make the following changes:

Plot:
  1. Raffle it off: system already exists, Magincia/Mesanna has done it for many Luna plots. Click a stone, get one entry per acct.
  2. Auction it off: highest bidder wins. System kinda already exists, auction safe, may need some tweaks. Potentially takes TONS of gold out of the game. Win/win.

Contents:
  1. Auction it off: system already exists like the bank vaults. Takes gold out of the game.
  2. Delete it all
  3. Throw it in a secure container players need to pay to access, could even charge the cost of a subscription per month inactive? Similar to house moving crate, system already kinda exists. Retain returning players and get paid to do so? Win/win.
How hard is this anyways? 

In before triggered career idocers LOL.
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
     B) 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,842
     B) 
    *swipes yer Shades*
     B)
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• creampiecreampie Posts: 82
    @Mariah why this monster troll is still able to post same poste every 2 days.... he never posted anything positive only spitting on everyone else and the devs and of course always mesanna.

@username get outside the house you will see how life can be good
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    edited July 2023
    These ***** will shut you down for sneezing the wrong way.

Lily Allen - *****
    edited to remove profanity.
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 101
    Toasting in an epic bread.
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    Listen, Jesus walked unlike Micheal Jackson, yeah do your backward slither and molest players, we are onto you. 

We dont sellout 

Gang of Youths - With or without you
  • OatsOats Posts: 11
    The absence of punishing cheating makes you automatically assume that the higher ups in this game are in on it. I just don’t understand why they don’t go the Warcraft route and just regulate a “token” value of what a plat is. Perhaps it’s just easier and profitable to continue status quo than to do any work. 
  • Heres a thought. Since IDOCing is glorified begging, why not make camping and begging skills relevant to these? 

1: You can only access the plot area if you have camping
    2: You can only acquire loot if you have the begging
    3: All IDOC items become shard bound

Nuclear Option (My favorite!)
    Set plots on fire for 1 year
    Delete all items

• Heres a thought. Since IDOCing is glorified begging, why not make camping and begging skills relevant to these? 

Delete all items

I wouldn't class idocing as glorified begging, its more like stealing dead peoples shoes.

I have always said it should be removed from the game altogether. 
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Auction all the contents on weekends. I'm sure some EM's could implement it nicely. would be a nice money sink.

As for the plots, put a ruined structure, so no once can build immediately after falldown... let the ruined plots accumulate a bit, and then, at Messana's convenience, (say once a month or somesuch), she commands all the ruined plots to clear, so  by next server up, there'd be a handful of new empty plots and it would be hard for idoc'ers to take 'em all, some real playrs might stumble upon them, since nobody would know when they clear up beforehand. .. 
  • BigRedBigRed Posts: 6
    Heres a thought. Since IDOCing is glorified begging, why not make camping and begging skills relevant to these? 

Delete all items

I wouldn't class idocing as glorified begging, its more like stealing dead peoples shoes.

I have always said it should be removed from the game altogether. 
    Well... I mean if they're nice shoes....
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    Delete all items

Really I think this is something we can all agree on. Contents of the house should be deleted.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.