Proof of logic

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited July 2023 in General Discussions
"

Logging out is to conclude play on that character, not as invincibility shield for pet

I couldn't find any sort of description in UO wiki for what hit points actually do.
however
Wiktionary describes
Wiktionary
https://en.wiktionary.org › wiki › hit_point
(chiefly roleplaying games) A unit of damage, used to specify the amount of damage a character or object can withstand before it is defeated or destroyed.

When you add hit points to a pet

it just says adding hit point is adding hit points, doesn't describe it as
increasing length of time before you log out

I am certain that auto stable was introduced as a legitimate means to prevent people from losing their pets. And not as Marain would have poeple beleive, a 'feature' to do away with pet ball of summoning and pet death

No logic for auto stable to be instantaneous now since it's been changed so that pet can literally no longer go wild.

Nobody made any complaints about the way they fixed command undead/dryad allure to remain guarding you when you lose connection.

Marain constantly quoting something Mesanna has said, when it has NOTHING to do with ANY of my suggestions, when i have said repeatedly i 100% agree with her statement,
and already so many related mechanics changed in 3 years since she spoke about something unrelated anyway.

attempting to bully by censoring the truth does not change facts
I resent being responded to with lies without chance to correct the lies
EG devs have repeatedly said they wont change that
discussion closed

total lies

and even if they do say one thing

I have proof of devs having ability to use logic

It's not case of I have spoken, no longer listening to you nahnahnah *fingers in ears*

Just recently there was patch to add cool-down on house placement,
players able to use logic to advise that other issue about recalling/mounting ethereal should also be addressed, and devs accept logic information and change more immediately.

Kyronix fist say VvV eppaulette not being repairable is working as intended
since removed as Kyronix able to use logic

issue with arming weapon
Misk first response to say use other method,
then Misk capable of using logic, issue now fixed

"
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    I always set my pet on ppl then hide and stealth and run away and relog to save my pet, I call it tactics, pet stat loss is a pain in the ass.

I did lose a pre patch gd in a revert which I always thought was highly suspect. 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    "there is patch Last week by Mesanna to add cool-down on house placement.

I write that it's not how script works, it uses recall/mount ethereal,
    and they change patch
    why i don't receive this message for that?
    lol
    it's change of policy no?

show me what this 'policy' is please
    this made up policy

Why Mesanna added 5 min log out delay for command undead/dryad allure? if there is policy of no change?

why Mesanna changed it so dead pet come to your location now when you change subserver? what's policy please?

Why Mesanna changed it so pet don't go wild anymore, if there is policy?

Why Mesanna added another 10 seconds to log out in safe location even to prevent another issue with losing pets, it's policy no?

look forward to reading this published policy

I am requesting equal 10 seconds log out delay to pet, not even in a safe location....

"

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited July 2023

Mariah say: Incidentally, I do not log out to save my pets,

so what’s your problem then?
     if they add same 10 second logout delay to pet in unsafe location as they do to character in safe location even.

how this will inconvenience you please?

if I am to be accused of bullying, doesn’t some harm or inconvenience or any sort of negative thing need to be incurred by you the victim?”
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,994Moderator
    It's not a question of how it would impact me, personally, it wouldn't. It was more about you pushing an agenda that I believed to have already been refused, which would make it a troll. 

However in the acceptance that I could be wrong I will desist in opposing this posting until/unless I receive further instruction from developers.
    "i don't push any agenda
    i play a tamer
    i just know what is right and wrong, maybe that is my agenda"
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
    Yoshi said:
    "i don't push any agenda
    i play a tamer
    i just know what is right and wrong, maybe that is my agenda"
    You know what things will make the most players angry if changed.  That is your agenda. Maybe you do not need to kill everyone's horse?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited July 2023
    "how will it make players angry, i don't understand sorry, what would change for them?
    if people are not logging out to prevent their pet dying, it should make no difference

also, Marain like to quote Mesanna talking about an unrelated question at a meet and greet,
    how about instead i quote Misk who addressed question.

Please note, since this post of Misks, there have been several (almost half a dozen) additional changes to mitigate any loss of pet they may have been possible at time of posting"

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,855
    edited July 2023
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

edited July 2023
    "well, looks like it wouldn't bother Victim of Siege either...

it's funny, nobody doing anything wrong, nobody can say why it would affect them, but yet Marain think everyone won't like it but can't say why, cos you know, that would be admitting to the crime.

same as me saying, please keep all duping exploits in, i don't dupe but just keep them in."
    edited July 2023
    Yoshi said:
    "well, looks like it wouldn't bother Victim of Siege either...

it's funny, nobody doing anything wrong, nobody can say why it would affect them, but yet Marain think everyone won't like it but can't say why, cos you know, that would be admitting to the crime.

same as me saying, please keep all duping exploits in, i don't dupe but just keep them in."
    You and your agenda . . .

edited July 2023
    Misk married Messana and is the QA guy. 

Please leave Yoshi's Genda outta this until you find the correct pronoun , k , ty

Please leave Yoshi's Genda outta this until you find the correct pronoun , k , ty

I think the correct pronoun is Cheese

edited July 2023
    I and many others use to to retrieve lost pets. 

Just today I logged in to get a out out of the stable to post its Lore sheet. I fed it to make it happier. A side effect of that is the pet resets it's commands to nothing. So they will wonder off if they decide to.   Took my pics logged off. Logged back in later, pet was not by me. It was probably stuck on something in Luna.  Logged off and on again, pet was next to me. As the game is intended to do as verified by the developers. 

No changes need to be made.

Again verified when they did that glitch where pets went into your stable.  They put it back to correct operation.

Why do we need to read about @Yoshi s wanted changes that he calls bugs?

edited July 2023
    Pawain said:

Just today I logged in to get a out out of the stable to post its Lore sheet. I fed it to make it happier. A side effect of that is the pet resets it's commands to nothing. So they will wonder off if they decide to.   Took my pics logged off. Logged back in later, pet was not by me. It was probably stuck on something in Luna.  Logged off and on again, pet was next to me. As the game is intended to do as verified by the developers. 

No changes need to be made.

Again verified when they did that glitch where pets went into your stable.  They put it back to correct operation.

Why do we need to read about @ Yoshi s wanted changes that he calls bugs?

I can see a pet unbonding to you.

If you don't want to read Yoshi's posts  use the ignore feature.

edited July 2023
    Pawain said:

"what has this got to do with my post?
    i not saying anything about removing this,

Marain please stop making out i am trying to get this removed

same as guy at meet and greet

nobody said to remove this

"
    Then we agree. Working as intended. Close the thread @Mariah ;
     :D 

You have to feed the post or it unbonds
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Thank you for your opinion.
This discussion has been closed.