test center 2

Is it finally coming? Is the new legacy alpha going to be TC2 ?

Comments

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited July 2023
    Looks like it might be. It's a "Felucca" only map.

Starting Location: Ocllo Gateway
    -Arroth
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 906
    well, i hope that damn snow is gone from the map before that shard is ready to be used.

at least make it a little darker so it's not snow-blinding, if it needs to stay.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "this is definitely a first.

Not NL

i just mean testing something in fel"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,039
    Keep getting login time out
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,120
    edited July 2023
    Yoshi said:
    "this is definitely a first.

Not NL

i just mean testing something in fel"
    NL is the original landmass.  What is called Fel now. I think I heard them say Occlo is the city in that spot.  Not Haven.

Will have different inter player rules.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Ocllo 
    Always takes me a few tries on crystal portal”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Ya my way looks funny.  But that's how I pronounce it incorrectly I'm sure.

I liked to buy regs there back in the day.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 906
    I guess this means we should be able to expect patch notes either tomorrow or sometime next week.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited July 2023
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if patch notes arrived later today, or in a couple weeks.

--
    When you go into character creation for TC2, you can still select Human/Elf/Gargoyle. Are we going to be able to play Elf/Gargoyle races in NL, or is NL just human?

We can also select from all the skills. Is NL going to have Chiv/Necro/Bushido, etc.?

The NL character creation process as detailed so far (choosing surnames from a list, etc.), doesn't look like it's going to work like the current process. So, they might just be standing up TC to get things started, and it may take a while before you can even generate a character.

Or it could be good to go in 5 minutes. Who knows...

--
    Would make sense though to have a couple weeks of solid testing prior to a 26th Anniversary launch, which is only 2 months away at this point.
    -Arroth
  • RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 93
    I'd imagine there would be a very large client patch or a separate test client before any testing begins. 
    Yes.  They may test all races even tho we may not have all races in NL. Someday they plan to send the good parts to permanent shards 

Who knows how it matches the info we have heard so far.

A new experience for us all.  :p. I'll have fun.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Has anybody made a new char on TC2?  I just tried to make a Human Male Warrior and it kicked me back to the log-in screen (3 times)
    I don't believe anyone has made it past creation screen . in reality we have no clue what TC2 is for and just quickly jumped to the conclusion that it must be NL. if only there was a method the developers could use to let us know about such things...
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,178
    They'll say something when there's something to say....

Ya'll know how we are...findin' things before they're ready ;)

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,412
    I wish they would put all this NL stuff on hold and fix my chicken lizard eggs first 
    its not like another month or two is going to make a difference for a 2 years past the release date schedule ;)  
    Skett said:
    I wish they would put all this NL stuff on hold and fix my chicken lizard eggs first 
    its not like another month or two is going to make a difference for a 2 years past the release date schedule ;)  
    This highlights the issue many have with the very concept of NL   most people would rather have a bug free game than a shard no one asked for 
    Grimbeard said:
    Skett said:
    This highlights the issue many have with the very concept of NL   most people would rather have a bug free game than a shard no one asked for 
    Yes bug free would be great but go back and see how many people asked for a Classic Shard and it looks like NL is that, but yes again bug fixes would be better for the current population.
    Grimbeard said:
    Skett said:
    Yes bug free would be great but go back and see how many people asked for a Classic Shard and it looks like NL is that, but yes again bug fixes would be better for the current population.
    One of the few actual details we know is the NL is in fact not a classic shard and even if 100% so making it seasonal would make it not..
    It seems that you and I are the only ones that remember all the threads about a classic shard and then the arguments over what is a classic shard. Well they finally did it, and we hear, nobody asked for this.   :D

edited July 2023
    You got that right.  :D 
    https://uo.com/ultima-online-new-legacy/

It clearly states it's not a classic shard....
    Grimbeard said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Skett said:
    One of the few actual details we know is the NL is in fact not a classic shard and even if 100% so making it seasonal would make it not..
    What is a Classic Shard.  From what I understand NL is UO before the split and the only thing different is you can opt out of PvP.  So it gets wiped every year except your char and his/her skills and some goodies.  How hard is it going to find GM Armor to outfit your 7XGM Char.  The first Chars I will make is a miner/smith/tailor and a warrior just like I did 25 years ago.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,412
    edited July 2023
    tc2 is for testing the new idoc system only invited tester can enter it. 
    im guessing the tester are the scripters that complained in the first place. 

:s
    edited July 2023
    When the map has only original Britannia and the items have names like vampiric of power and skills go to 100.  That is not modern UO.

Grimbeard said:

Pawain said:
    When the map has only original Trammel and the items have names like vampiric of power and skills go to 100.  That is not modern UO.

Grimbeard said:

Now you're going to somehow dispute the developers own words?
    Skett said:
    tc2 is for testing the new idoc system only invited tester can enter it. 
    im guessing the tester are the scripters that complained in the first place. 

:s
    Actually that was Grimms idea in a TC thread,  Idea stealer!
    @Grimbeard @Pawain

Q: Is Ultima Online: New Legacy an Ultima Online Classic Shard?

There is no magic dial to turn back Ultima Online to a specific era.  Times have changed and expectations have moved past what the landscape of MMORPGs was like in 1997 and beyond.  So in short, no, this is not a 1:1 recreation of a classic UO server in any given era.  What we have done, however, is to rekindle the magic and nostalgia that drives the core desire to experience a classic server.  As we have stated, we have completely rethought, reworked, and redesigned several core gameplay experiences with the goal of rekindling the classic experience of Ultima Online –  focused on keeping true to the roots of Ultima as an RPG!

This is their idea of a classic era of UO

Yup, classic experience with less hoops, less grinds, less calculations and no spreadsheets needed.

I'm ready to log in!
    Pawain said:
    Yup, classic experience with less hoops, less grinds, less calculations and no spreadsheets needed.

I'm ready to log in!
    So exactly what no one asked for! Go team 
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

I'm ready to log in!
    So exactly what no one asked for! Go team 
    So that's gonna be your new catch phrase in every post now.  Great.

Ya no player has asked for UO to be less grindy or complicated  you are correct.

We are right next to a post wanting a tutorial because UO is exactly those things.   :D