I think it's time for some sort of update from the Dev team...

I feel like it's a bit hard to justify radio silence from the Dev team at this point. We are a week away from August which means:
  • We haven't had a newsletter in over 6 months
  • We haven't had a M&G in... 4-5months? 
  • The last "event" was a 4 hour (split into 2 sessions) single day event that was completed over 2 weeks ago that many people were unable to attend
  • There was some (seemingly) random update made to house placements that skipped testing on TC1 and has very little information
  • There is zero road map for production shards for the remainder of the year (we have more trail behind us now than ahead of us for 2023); Halloween & Christmas are assumptions not fact
  • NL was supposed to be starting Alpha at this point but there hasn't been any update on that since the last newsletter (6 months ago)

Some people try to say there is so much negativity in UO / on the forum but this is a fine example of it coming from the complete lack of effort. I could see a counterargument if the Devs actually interacted with the players and gave semi-frequent updates (every few weeks or once a month) but that's nowhere near the case here. It's almost like the more the PAYING player base asks for some sort of communication (on anything) it makes the Dev team dig in and say even less. 

I don't think  we are asking for something unreasonable just to know the state of the game most of us enjoy(ed) playing for so many years. 

I'm tagging the only Dev member that posts here because the rest of them have long since stop coming here (Misk/Mesanna). @Kyronix - What's with the lack of communication / updates?

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    edited July 2023
    Maybe we should all email this message to Mesanna. I sent to both Mesanna and Bonnie @broadsword ;

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    Ya an update would be nice
    Might even slow down a few idocs
    the frustration level  with a lot of players is pretty bad and a lot are quitting 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    I used to defend them but this is uncalled for. What really got me was Kryonix replying to his pic being posted but not a word game related. 

The only valid excuse now would be if every employee quit. 

A simple post every other month saying hey still here but busy AF would suffice for me. 

• jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    A lot of folks have given up. It's sad. 
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    This better be the biggest patch in UO history!    

-plz don't disappoint.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    CovenantX said:
    This better be the biggest patch in UO history!    

-plz don't disappoint.

Biggest and Boldest.  Duh  B)
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    I would like to see uo developers doing more programming courses and personal development courses so they can actually develop a game and relate to people.
    Maybe ban him again rather than lock every thread he craps in ?
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited July 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Maybe ban him again rather than lock every thread he craps in ?
    Several players on these forums that just love to troll to infinity to get threads locked. Love how a few can break the forum rules to push their agenda constantly.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    Troll is a word used by people that have no humanity.
  • keven2002 said:
    I feel like it's a bit hard to justify radio silence from the Dev team at this point. We are a week away from August which means:
    • We haven't had a newsletter in over 6 months
    • We haven't had a M&G in... 4-5months? 
    • The last "event" was a 4 hour (split into 2 sessions) single day event that was completed over 2 weeks ago that many people were unable to attend
    • There was some (seemingly) random update made to house placements that skipped testing on TC1 and has very little information
    • There is zero road map for production shards for the remainder of the year (we have more trail behind us now than ahead of us for 2023); Halloween & Christmas are assumptions not fact
    • NL was supposed to be starting Alpha at this point but there hasn't been any update on that since the last newsletter (6 months ago)

Some people try to say there is so much negativity in UO / on the forum but this is a fine example of it coming from the complete lack of effort. I could see a counterargument if the Devs actually interacted with the players and gave semi-frequent updates (every few weeks or once a month) but that's nowhere near the case here. It's almost like the more the PAYING player base asks for some sort of communication (on anything) it makes the Dev team dig in and say even less. 

I don't think  we are asking for something unreasonable just to know the state of the game most of us enjoy(ed) playing for so many years. 

I'm tagging the only Dev member that posts here because the rest of them have long since stop coming here (Misk/Mesanna). @ Kyronix - What's with the lack of communication / updates?
    The thing is, there's a reason these forums have turned into what they are. Honestly, it's not entirely the player base's fault. There is really a severe lack of communication coming from any developer, which is really uncalled for in 2023. I don't care if your game is 26 years old, or a couple of months old; live games that have constant changes and patches need to have updates. Especially since we were told there would be an alpha to a pretty big UO announcement half-way through this year.

At this point we can only assume that the developer truly do not care. At least that's what it looks like from our end. It's a shame because we all do truly love this game, why else would we still be playing it all of these decades later?

The last communication we had was so vague as to house placement. No other information regarding how long this timer is or any other details about it? Seriously, come on...
    What bothers me the most is how anyone asking for communication or wanting the developers to be held accountable are instantly labeled as trolls or malcontents 
    Grimbeard said:
    What bothers me the most is how anyone asking for communication or wanting the developers to be held accountable are instantly labeled as trolls or malcontents 
    I blame Pawain.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    Frinkiac - S09E10 - YOU KNOW WHAT I BLAME THIS ON THE BREAKDOWN OF SOCIETY  YEAH
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
     :D 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    Add to the list:
    • The new Test Center 2 shard popping up without any word on what it's there for

• ** shakes the cage **

TELL US THE THINGS!!!!
  • A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
     :D 
  • HolumerHolumer Posts: 172
    Communication,  even minimal and what we may not like is infinitely more appreciated than silence
    It's been about 2 full weeks (2 business weeks at least) since I created this thread and still nothing from @Kyronix or the team (honestly he's the only person that even responds on here so I don't expect anything from anyone else). 

This is personally where my frustration comes from. The Devs remain silent on what players should expect and we have months of "downtime" (aka no new content) go by before we eventually get something "new" that a large percentage of players didn't want or care about. Even if just a few ideas are discussed from the boards (is it possible or not & why) it at least shows they are listening to the players. Instead they opt to give us silence which many take, including myself, as the Dev team simply ignoring the player's voices. Of course people are going to be negative when they feel neglected for a game we pay to play the content.
  • keven2002 said:
    It's been about 2 full weeks (2 business weeks at least) since I created this thread and still nothing from @ Kyronix or the team (honestly he's the only person that even responds on here so I don't expect anything from anyone else). 

This is personally where my frustration comes from. The Devs remain silent on what players should expect and we have months of "downtime" (aka no new content) go by before we eventually get something "new" that a large percentage of players didn't want or care about. Even if just a few ideas are discussed from the boards (is it possible or not & why) it at least shows they are listening to the players. Instead they opt to give us silence which many take, including myself, as the Dev team simply ignoring the player's voices. Of course people are going to be negative when they feel neglected for a game we pay to play the content.
    shit that in the scale of things doesn't matter. I think, we should all just adopt a less aggressive attitude.

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2023
    Sorry to say this but... the fault lies with the boss - Mesanna - lack of emphasis and guidance for the team to support the community forum. If the boss isn't interested in what the community thinks, none of the employees will care about what any of you write on this forum.

In your real life work, do any of you waste time on tasks that your boss doesn't give a S*?

So I don't blame on anyone except the leader of Ultima Online team.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2023
    SaulGoodman1 said:
    100 percent wrong, I blamed the kid that fiddled me as a kid, do not blame the abuser, accept what is and move forward. Love, live, inspire, protect 
    Oh STFU, WTF are you still posting on this forum when other better player are banned.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Seth said:
    Sorry to say this but... the fault lies with the boss - Mesanna - lack of emphasis and guidance for the team to support the community forum. If the boss isn't interested in what the community thinks, none of the employees will care about what any of you write on this forum.

In your real life work, do any of you waste time on tasks that your boss doesn't give a S*?

So I don't blame on anyone except the leader of Ultima Online team.
    I mean this is exactly the problem. The lack of communication has led to what this has all become. Honestly. If there was more transparency (like Broadsword claims as a mission statement) then some of these forum / UO issues will go away.

It's no wonder the free-shard experience feels like it's ahead of the official game. There are developers there that are very responsive and dedicated to their player-base.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210

It's no wonder the free-shard experience feels like it's ahead of the official game. 

Feels like? There's 1 that's left this one in the dust both in gameplay and workplace professionalism. 

If a freebie has had 2 updates this year, that's 1 more than what we've been paying for the past 8 months. 

Personally, i feel like a stooge to keep dropping cash with no updates, no words, not even the old empty promises of "we'll look into it". 
    Urge said:

It's no wonder the free-shard experience feels like it's ahead of the official game. 

Feels like? There's 1 that's left this one in the dust both in gameplay and workplace professionalism. 

If a freebie has had 2 updates this year, that's 1 more than what we've been paying for the past 8 months. 

Personally, i feel like a stooge to keep dropping cash with no updates, no words, not even the old empty promises of "we'll look into it". 
    I'm with you @Urge . It's been over 2 weeks since this thread has been created and we've kept it pretty civil I think; yet no response from the Dev team on anything. It's been over 2 months since the last dynamic event ended and even a month since the single day (4 hours) BBQ and there has been zilch.

Does anyone really think that's acceptable for a game we pay a monthly subscription for?
    keven2002 said:
    Urge said:

I'm with you @ Urge . It's been over 2 weeks since this thread has been created and we've kept it pretty civil I think; yet no response from the Dev team on anything. It's been over 2 months since the last dynamic event ended and even a month since the single day (4 hours) BBQ and there has been zilch.

Does anyone really think that's acceptable for a game we pay a monthly subscription for?
    Is a cryptic unannounced unusable TC2 not enough? 
  • Urge said:

I know what you mean. Been thinking about it a lot this year, how all I'm really holding onto is a house. We—the players—are supporting this kind of treatment because we keep paying Broadsword no matter what happens. I'd much rather put the $13 a month towards a shard that actually cares about its player-base and even announced a large expansion coming this winter just recently.

It's truly a shame of what Broadsword has turned this game into. When Mythic took over the game awhile back I had so much hope for the future of this game. I really thought this year was going to be good for Official UO with the alpha of the New Legacy.

Who was I kidding?
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    MacroPlanet said:
    $13 a month 
    That's why a lot of players don't pay $13 a month anymore, it's more like $2-$3 a month  ;)
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.