Irritating

Could we please stop doing crap that screws the regular player in the name of combating "cheaters". This housing change is yet another way to make the casual players lives a pain while doing absolutely nothing to stop cheaters.  Seriously,  this management team at times, seems incredibly incompetent at best.
«1

Comments

  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,294
    ya when testing a spot to see what size will plot will fit its a total pain in the arss for sure having to wait over and over and ....
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,797
    Again I'll ask how many complaints were there as we've seen numerous against this..of course a narcissist always want secrecy...
  • BigRed said:
    Could we please stop doing crap that screws the regular player in the name of combating "cheaters". This housing change is yet another way to make the casual players lives a pain while doing absolutely nothing to stop cheaters.  Seriously,  this management team at times, seems incredibly incompetent at best.

    *signed*

    A little less ego-thinking, know-it-all and rumbling compared to others who aren't so "great" and the UO-life would be a whole corner easier

    (Ein bisschen weniger Ego-Denken, Besserwisserei und Rumprollerei anderen gegenüber die halt nicht so "toll sind" und das UO-Leben wäre ne ganze Ecke einfacher)







  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,181
    I just don't have much of anything nice to say anymore. 

    It doesn't even say there's a cooldown. It just won't let you place. Someone that has no or limited experience in placing would have no clue and just give up. Completely half assed change that nobody wanted and does nothing. 


  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,749
    I'll agree, This does nothing to combat cheating and isn't going to stop the scripters since their scripts Likely know where to put the spot when they start running it. If you want to combat cheating, you will need to hit the third party apps. it's the only way to stop it.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • KingKing Posts: 33
    edited July 2023
    Please @Mesanna , either stop idoc/ placement all together or address this BS.
    Scripters don't need to use the tool more than 1 time.
    So how about when you double click the tool and choose a house, after 10 secs ghost house disappear forcing them to click tool again, that timer will work.
    Because when they have the ghost up, they just need the trigger to place the already chosen house.
    They don't time out using 3rd clients, they can also read the packet in the area with high end scripts that will trigger the placement the moment area is open. Or like others said using ethereal Mountain trigger.
    That guy svoxxxx os playing all of them for the past 3 or 4 month , I mean 100% of them
  • KingKing Posts: 33
    edited July 2023


     My issue is in regards to their process (if they can call it that) in regards to combating cheating as a whole.  Their mindset seems to be get rid of the content instead of getting rid of the cheaters.  My complaint is in regards to that.


    to address the real issue, they would have to attack 3rd part clients, Orixxx,  Stealtxx , EUX , UOXX and few others and they dont have the people for, they dont know how, please dont take me wrong but that boat is long gone. I dont think they can do anything other than bandaid the situation.  is the same thing on PVP, same thing people doing PVM, farming bokutos , farming pinks, is a cancer stage 5.




  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    @King

    I think dealing with the army of bots that descend on idocs is a different issue and requires a different solution.

    The house placement issue needs an element of randomness that the clients/scripts can’t code around.  If it were me I would look at something along the lines of creating a couple “Property Claim Deeds” and have them randomly distributed in the crates as the house contents are packed up.  The number of deeds could scale with the size of the house, and only someone with a deed could place for the first 4 hours.  Obviously that’s just off the top of my heads and could use some fine tuning on the details, but a solution like that gives honest players a chance at the spot that the scripts can’t get around.
  • BigRedBigRed Posts: 6
    edited July 2023
    King said:
    @ BigRed
    My issue is in regards to their process (if they can call it that) in regards to combating cheating as a whole.  Their mindset seems to be get rid of the content instead of getting rid of the cheaters.  My complaint is in regards to that.

    to address the real issue, they would have to attack 3rd part clients, Orixxx,  Stealtxx , EUX , UOXX and few others and they dont have the people for, they dont know how, please dont take me wrong but that boat is long gone. I dont think they can do anything other than bandaid the situation.  is the same thing on PVP, same thing people doing PVM, farming bokutos , farming pinks, is a cancer stage 5.




    Oh I completely agree.  I've written off them ever fixing it.  That BTW is not only the developers fault.  The two client setup wasn't their idea and we as a community (myself included) would make it nearly impossible to get rid of one or the other.  They didn't get a great product when they took over, and they have done a lot of great thing for the game considering by all indications we are in maintenance mode as a game.  This is an area that they just suck at.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 227
    Merus said:
    @ King

    I think dealing with the army of bots that descend on idocs is a different issue and requires a different solution.

    The house placement issue needs an element of randomness that the clients/scripts can’t code around.  If it were me I would look at something along the lines of creating a couple “Property Claim Deeds” and have them randomly distributed in the crates as the house contents are packed up.  The number of deeds could scale with the size of the house, and only someone with a deed could place for the first 4 hours.  Obviously that’s just off the top of my heads and could use some fine tuning on the details, but a solution like that gives honest players a chance at the spot that the scripts can’t get around.

    I think that's interesting.  Maybe even just a single deed that can replace the same size house.
    Probably get an overwhelming amount of bots there looting barrels though.

    I don't do idocs though so it don't matter to me but the thought of some random person looting a castle deed to place I think has potential.
  • RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 90
    While I agree that this fix does nothing but annoy the regular player base, I also think this thread is full of bad ideas. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,797
    Yoshi said:
    "how i am mentioning it?
    the OP is talking about, and i quote "cheaters"

    what the op means by that exactly? he/she is talking about scripters who use 3rd party programs, i am certain"
    Ah the English not my first language i don't quite understand ploy another of your over used tactics 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,898Moderator
    A number of off topic posts and personal attacks have been removed.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    BigRed said:
    in name of combating "cheaters". 
    “What you mean by this exactly?
    who is cheating and how?

    if you think someone is somehow cheating, can just use the help menu to report them no?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    BigRed said:
    this management team at times, seems incredibly incompetent at best.
    “I have to ask the question

    who’s idea was it, to throw all the pile of 5 years worth of reproducible bug reports with expected results in the trash
    and instead decide to address this one issue which affects one shard on one facet 
    That nobody even created a bug report for or gave an expected result and someone on the management team just did what? guessed how script worked?

    i checked my emails, Mesanna or any dev never even asked me for house placement script
    so I don’t know if someone gave her a fake one or what

    Why they ignoring all the bug reports and instead “fixing” things that nobody wrote bug report for

    if it works now then okay great but still, how this jumped straight to the top of the queue?

    this persons bug 
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/578/opened-containers-where-you-can-take-things-out-but-you-cant-put-anything-in#latest

    March 2018 I think affect all client, all shard, all facet
    why no fix please?
    it’s perfectly legit bug with legit expected result”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    Yoshi said:
    BigRed said:
    in name of combating "cheaters". 
    “What you mean by this exactly?
    who is cheating and how?

    if you think someone is somehow cheating, can just use the help menu to report them no?”
    I heard from reliable sauces that most pvpers cheat. ketchup
  • usernameusername Posts: 656
    BigRed said:
    Could we please stop doing crap that screws the regular player in the name of combating "cheaters". This housing change is yet another way to make the casual players lives a pain while doing absolutely nothing to stop cheaters.  Seriously,  this management team at times, seems incredibly incompetent at best.
    There's a thread already made for you to post your suggestions for improvements to the system here: https://forum.uo.com/discussion/12794/idocs-are-dumb-anyways-devs-if-youre-listening-read-this-pt-2#latest

    I think it's suffice to say the vast majority of us legitimate players are fed up with the IDOC system as it is.
    I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums. Just remember I'm always right before you reply to my posts.

    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 3 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,294
    Ya the idoc system really needs to be done away with and some else put in.
  • KingKing Posts: 33
    Same guy on Atlantic, Svojstva, still placing all the houses, like everyone else said, they use the special client hacks and they k own exactly when area open for placement. So all the changes you did, only affect the everyday regular player and benefits that guy only
    So we ask again, why not a raffle system?

    Plus if you really at Idocs nowadays,  it is the same multibox 5-10 accounts auto following breaking the 3rd barrel to the left and walking on top of each other punching barrels. All scripted.

  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,797
    King said:
    @ Mesanna
    Same guy on Atlantic, Svojstva, still placing all the houses, like everyone else said, they use the special client hacks and they k own exactly when area open for placement. So all the changes you did, only affect the everyday regular player and benefits that guy only
    So we ask again, why not a raffle system?

    Plus if you really at Idocs nowadays,  it is the same multibox 5-10 accounts auto following breaking the 3rd barrel to the left and walking on top of each other punching barrels. All scripted.

    Are all you people emailing her? Mesanna@broadsword.com
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,797
    I could also point out if she spent as much time at idoc's as she did deleting houses and player memorials she'd have a clue
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    edited July 2023
    This solves nothing and just creates problems for normal users! The root of the problem was never "house placement" , it's the whole Idocs system as a whole... change Idocs, and please leave the house placement tool as as it was before for goodness sake!
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    "how come on free shards they don't let players use scripts,
    but they do on official shards?

    I'd have thought it would be the other way around"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,824
    Yoshi said:
    "how come on free shards they don't let players use scripts,
    but they do on official shards?

    I'd have thought it would be the other way around"
    My keyboard and mouse can make scripts, again you are making up stuff. How would anything know if I pushed a button or my keyboard did it automatically.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    “your keyboard can make a script so that it doesn’t lose held spell target cursor when drinking cure potion?

    your keyboard can make script so you don’t lose target cursor if target cannot be seen?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,797
    Yoshi said:
    “your keyboard can make a script so that it doesn’t lose held spell target cursor when drinking cure potion?”
    Yes Pawain can easily as he just emails Mesanna 
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,294
    to not detect scripts wouldn't you need a random micro second delay to mimic human hand responses

    I have no clue as to what im talking about here   
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,824
    Yoshi said:
    “your keyboard can make a script so that it doesn’t lose held spell target cursor when drinking cure potion?

    your keyboard can make script so you don’t lose target cursor if target cannot be seen?”
    You are talking about a client, not a script.  If that client can do it, someone who knows the EC UI could do the same.
    Skett said:
    to not detect scripts wouldn't you need a random micro second delay to mimic human hand responses

    I have no clue as to what im talking about here   
    Yes you can put delays into my keyboard macros, if needed.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    “Yes it’s possible for EC to run scripts too”

    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 167
    guys they are not goin to ban cheaters unless they are on a EJ account, just go to any event you see the same people scripting and multi boxing every time, if your paying for your accounts you can get away with it, they will lose to much money if they ban them, You just need to learn to live with them and play around them, ya it sucks we are forced to do this, but nothing else ya can really do, just the way of life these days. And the more you complain about them the worst it makes it for the honest players.
Sign In or Register to comment.