Bots on all Asia shards

Please crack down on bots.

There are bots at Despise PS area on all Asia shards.
As far as I know, it's been months.
The Bot name's A.McQueen (maybe) in Sakura, Santa in Ymato, P-P-A-P in Mizuho, and more.
It usually does PS Champion everyday, from about  1:00 pm -11:00 am GMT. (10:00 am  to 8:00 pm JST)

Below is a video of another player.

Also, in Mizuho, there is a bot at unbound energy vortex location on Shame Level4.
It may also be on all Asia shards.

Please Management, if you see this, can you please crack down on bot?

Tagged:

Comments

• NonameNoname Posts: 2
    I forgot write her name on Shame Level4, in Mizuho.
    The name's "Mizuho".
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 914
    I assume you are paging on these bots ?
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 906
    edited June 2023
    It's literally so out of control paging is completely useless,   I doubt it's detectable, as i've said.. there are so many people running the "Oh Ryan" client in discord...  UO is probably WAAAAAAAY beyond the point of no return, sad to say.

literally been this way for years, of course gradually getting worse because nothing is being done to curb or stop it.

Edit - it's also always been telling that there were so few people calling all the cheating out for at least the last 10 years or so, obviously most of the people who cared about it, quit playing back when Calvin Crowner was the producer of UO.  
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2023
    "solution is to shard bound PowerScrolls"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Yoshi said:
    Didn't work with Skill Masteries, we just took our chars to other shards to eat Primer and will do the same with Chars that need PSs.  Tamers will just take pets to other shards to eat cheap PSs and then return home.
    edited June 2023
    "it absolutely did work for primers,
    cost of animal tamng III is a lot more than 100k, which is what it would be if they weren't shard bound

nobody going to bot to sell shard bound things on a dead shard for 50k each"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 82
    so no one is able to kill some afk sampire i bet...when i see complaint for bots in fel lol
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 82
    Yoshi said:

you always brag for pvp and you want to kill the last thing that bring pvp spawn and harry....wow
    edited June 2023
    "it would bring pvp not kill it,
    currently PS prices are low, if you shard bound PS, it makes champs worth doing and raiding, currently not worth doing/raiding as cost of PS is so low due to people farming on dead shards,

and i don't brag anything"
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    If you log in to multiple shards and search for legendary taming you would be incorrect (depending on what you consider to be low):

Napa = none
    Sonoma = 150,000,000 (only one listed)
    Pacific = 17,000,000 (only one listed)
    Origin = none
    Lake Austin = 22,000,000 (only one listed)

SP had two @ 1,200,000

Looks like your theory is wrong.  SP is definitely shard bound.
    "okay well they are 2.3 mill on Atlantic,

they are not that low but will be higher price if shard bound, maybe lower price on dead shards"
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174
    On Atl there are 6 like you say right around 2.3m.

Cheapest Primer on Animal Taming III on Atl is 88m.  Primers would have to be a lot cheaper on other shards to motivate me to shard hop.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    If it's a paid account, I can guarantee you nothing will be done. They're actioning EJs only.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,314
    You know as a person that will never qualify to get a shard shield, have to admit the  differences in availability and prices of nonshard items in general is really starting to irritate me.  Yes, I know some players do offer to buy things on other shards for me, and I do appreciate that,   But that’s not the issue.  It’s fairness.  Why should some players on one shard be forced to pay 150 million gold for a 120 taming scroll while others on the same shard can simply travel to another shard and buy the same scroll for just 1.2 million.  Why UO thinks this is going to encourage newer players to continue playing is beyond me.  Sorry UO.  Know shard bound is an attempt to resolve this issue, but it is just not enough.
  • PupuPupu Posts: 6
    edited June 2023
    I can't get PS because of the murderer. If the supply is increased by bots and the price goes down, I rather welcome it... I don't think bound solves everything. Mastery is an outrageous price in some shards, but have no choice but to buy it.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    edited June 2023
    Yoshi said:
    "it absolutely did work for primers,
    cost of animal tamng III is a lot more than 100k, which is what it would be if they weren't shard bound

nobody going to bot to sell shard bound things on a dead shard for 50k each"
    You are so full of BS.  I took half my Chars to Origin for primers at well over half the cost to Atl and I also visit all shards monthly and find way better deals on PSs than Atl.  Stop telling your lies.
    edited June 2023
    “what you just said supported my agument that shard bounding scrolls makes them cheaper on dead shards, and a lot more expensive on live shard.

so i don't know what you mean about lies sorry

perhaps i didn't express it in that way as i thought it would be apparent"
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    Run around destard fel 5 mine bots all day, do vvv, thief bots all day, why cant they make dev bots?
    I would rather see PS's , SOTs  etc sold in the Ingame store than to know the Devs are aware that bots are farming them and are doing nothing about it.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,039
    I would rather see PS's , SOTs  etc sold in the Ingame store than to know the Devs are aware that bots are farming them and are doing nothing about it.
    This is what feeds the RMT conspiracy theories...
    edited June 2023
     do vvv, thief bots all day,

"i was doing a vvv town today and saw a GM chasing a thief bot, I didn't call the GM myself because there is a bug where even though bot belongs to enemy it gives all players points....but first time i've seen that"

• usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited June 2023
    I reported that player, 'sly'. VvV stealth bot has been going for YEARS around to VvV towns on ATL. I wonder if they finally got it? Good on them.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    edited June 2023
    "actually our guild was running the same bot before,
    and it was supposed to buy a royal pardon at 10k silver automatically,
    but because it bought so many, something kept bugging on the char and the vendor wouldn't sell any more to it, and the owner of the bot had to keep calling a GM to help him...

and the GM would come and fix the problem lol "
    Grimbeard said:

I"m not feeding anything..I know for a fact I've paged on a SoT Bot that's been doing it for years...and he's still doing it.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,039
    Grimbeard said:

I"m not feeding anything..I know for a fact I've paged on a SoT Bot that's been doing it for years...and he's still doing it.
    Referring to the act rather than your post 
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    username said:
    I reported that player, 'sly'. VvV stealth bot has been going for YEARS around to VvV towns on ATL. I wonder if they finally got it? Good on them.

He is still there GK have lots of thief bots, i just camp a sigil location and smack em, takes usually two towns to reset
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    Yoshi said:
    "actually our guild was running the same bot before,
    and it was supposed to buy a royal pardon at 10k silver automatically,
    but because it bought so many, something kept bugging on the char and the vendor wouldn't sell any more to it, and the owner of the bot had to keep calling a GM to help him...

and the GM would come and fix the problem lol "

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    edited June 2023
    “The VvV Sigil thief bots are only operating due to 2 already reported bugs:
    1) EJ accounts earn silver points, it’s documented under EJ restrictions that they shouldn’t
    2) all parties in town receive points instead of only the sigil returners alliance, so there’s no self policing

instead of fixing bugs, broadsword are literally paying GMs to deal with the admin work that the bugs have caused. 

Just goes to prove how il thought out their policy is of deleting any bug report that mentions the word ‘fel’ 

also,
    Not a great idea to give people no solution but to download a client to play in fel that allows ANY script to run
    they are going to be paying GMs to deal with more and more bots, bots doing more complicated things.

solution: for broadsword to fix its own client

nobody going to play broadsword client in trammel and then switch client when going through moongate to fel and switch back again each time they change facet..

should be able to use broadsword 2d client on all facets.

I am interested also in how the meeting went with buffs/debuffs. Maybe Mesanna said okay this thing World of Warcraft does is great we should copy, and paid an artist to make the buffs/debuffs. And maybe the artist wanted to finish early on Friday and knew that the people in QA team never test anything fel related. So the 2 MOST important debuffs (vicious bite and nerve strike) didn’t get done and this slipped right through the QA net. And artist cashed their check.

Why a QA person can’t step into fel?”
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 906
       I wouldn't say Fel is to blame for the third-party client use, people definitely run third-party clients more actively in trammel,  the difference is, when they're in fel and pvping you're directly interacting with them & affected by these 'illegal' programs.

In Trammel, botting is done too, i would argue it's done far more in trammel (and I know I'm right) just the sheer amount of content in trammel with worth-while rewards is far more abundant, and believe it or not, pvp interruptions to 'bots' can and does severely limit potential profits.  I'm sure many people who bot, particularly the ones who've been botting for a long time, have backup groups of EJ accounts on several low-pop shards, to farm a few select areas/mobs, and if you kill them a few times, they'll disappear for at least a few weeks.

There's no way any of this is going to get any better without some form of interaction with the people running the game, and well, it doesn't seem like there's an effort put into it, at least not publicly (which maybe for the better?)..... but there's also no acknowledgement of blatant cheating from anyone with the power to do anything about it, So there's that.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited June 2023
    "proof GMs are wasting their time chasing bots that are only there because of bugs.

New bot started already...

Dev just have to fix the 2 bugs and no more bots"