Focus what is it good for??

2»

Comments

• JediJedi Posts: 1
    Ben said:
    Focus is important for maintaining stamina. You can keep full stamina by other means without Focus through the use of the right equipment that has Stamina Increase and Regeneration, weapons with Stamina Leech and as a Paladin, using Divine Fury. Although the following picture I show is of my Sampire, my Paladin Archer is suited up very closely the same. He spends most of his time at sea, having started life as a fisherman. 120 Fishing is soul stoned for 120 Healing when fighting pirates and beacons. He has 120 Anatomy, Chivalry, Archery, Tactics, Healing and Resist Magic when not fishing and instead is fighting orcs, pirates and others. My Focus is stored away because this set up seems to ensure I do not need it. My bows at sea have life and mana leech, slayer property, full swing speed increase, and damage increase. Only when I am hit do I lose some stamina, but it is acceptable. If fighting on land and not at range on my ship, I will replace my bows with those that have Stamina Leech as opposed to Life Leech. Of course, this is my luxury as an old player that began the game as a crafter. I can make what my warriors need to specification without Focus. If I couldn't there is that time when you need it on you. Make sense?

Lol I found it funny how this dude comes in flexing his suit , as if it has any input or benefit towards what the OP was even asking . 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,305
    edited May 2023
    Early essays I read often recommended players starting out as warriors include focus in their templates, but nowdays I very rarely see it in recommended templates and I don’t use it in any of mine.  Think it’s operation is similar to meditation for mages but over the years unlike meditation it has been replaced by other combat skills. Maybe might be useful for a resource gather that carries a lot of weight and usually overweight.  Focus might help the overweight traveler to walk a little further.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,095
    Arnold7 said:
    Early essays I read often recommended players starting out as warriors include focus in their templates, but nowdays I very rarely see it in recommended templates and I don’t use it in any of mine.  Think it’s operation is similar to meditation for mages but over the years unlike meditation it has been replaced by other combat skills. Maybe might be useful for a resource gather that carries a lot of weight and usually overweight.  Focus might help the overweight traveler to walk a little further.
    A few reasons,  Sampire templates are packed.  Armor and other items can have mana regen.

Sampires and other warriors want to inflict as much damage as possible on a target as fast as possible to reduce the opponents stamina and cause a quick death.  Two handed weapons can have 80+ Mana leech.

Instead of Mana regen through Focus, you use the Mana leech from weapon, which is much faster when you do high damage on each hit.

I have as much Focus as possible on my Archers because their weapons do not have high Mana Leech.
    But my templates are also packed with other skills.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,095
    edited May 2023
    That is a nice example of an Imbued suit.  Put on the Balron Chest and the Vambraces and they will have closer to 150 Str for more damage.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.