'All guard me' nerf?

usernameusername Posts: 710
edited May 2023 in General Discussions
While fighting some rabbits for eggs last night I noticed something I had never noticed before:

I typically leave my pets on 'all guard me' so when the rabbit spawns, since it attacks the thorn planter, the pets automatically attack the rabbit, hitting for ~50 damage a hit. I had accidentally fat fingered my 'all stop' + 'all stay' macro so when the next rabbit spawned my pets did not attack. Instead, I hit my 'all kill' macro and interestingly enough the pets were hitting for ~100 damage a hit.

Testing this several times to make sure I wasn't losing my mind and yes, leaving pets on guard they only do 1/2 damage as if I had used the command 'all kill'. Happens every time: pet damage cut in half if on guard.

Is this a known bug? Stealth nerf? Or known nerf? Bug with pack instinct not working on 'guard mode'? I don't play a tamer much so I'm quite out of the loop.
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• Maximus_NeximusMaximus_Neximus Posts: 380
    edited May 2023
    I just used 'all guard me' and didn't see this issue over an approximate 30min timeframe. I was in Tram w/ two accounts using one fire beetle and one blue beetle - both 5 slot.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    what pets are you using? it could be guard mode does not use pack instinct.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited May 2023
    I just used 'all guard me' and didn't see this issue over an approximate 30min timeframe. I was in Tram w/ two accounts using one fire beetle and one blue beetle - both 5 slot.
    Ok then since I was using animals that have pack instinct and you weren't, it probably is an issue with pack instinct not kicking in while guarding, only while doing 'all kill'. That's actually kinda really annoying.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “Interesting, I didn’t know that (not that I use pack instinct animals)
    It don’t say anything about that in wiki for guard command 
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/animal-taming/pets-ownership/ “
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.