Floating emporium xmas tree and Krampus at sea

It's never too early to ask to have fishermen and women included in the holiday festivities 

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Please no not another tree!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,098
    edited May 2023
    You would first need a mayor.  Mayor of the fish?

How would taking my BODs there include my fisherman? He drops them now, so he is not excluded.

The usual request with no details of implementing.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,022
    Pawain said:

How would taking my BODs there include my fisherman? He drops them now, so he is not excluded.

I appreciate your always helpful comment the point in starting this discussion now is there's time to work on ideas. Krampus easy as the monger quest is a trade run so random sea creatures for spawn then Krampus and minons on a beacon. Wouldn't be hard to add fishing bods(footwear and no name crab and lobster for the win )and give us an actual tree 
    edited May 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

I appreciate your always helpful comment the point in starting this discussion now is there's time to work on ideas. Krampus easy as the monger quest is a trade run so random sea creatures for spawn then Krampus and minons on a beacon. Wouldn't be hard to add fishing bods(footwear and no name crab and lobster for the win )and give us an actual tree 
    Only cites with a Governor get trees. Best begin there.  I'm sure making new BODs are high on the priority list.

This could be the last Artisan festival. 

Krampus can't swim. 

Good luck with this unthought out request. 
    Again with yet another helpful comment your value to the community unmatched . But for sure the emporium needs a gov as do all fel cities 
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    Marge said:

I  cracked up laughing  when I read your post.
    If the only issue is no governor then simply include HS in the next story arc .have the people of the emporium and bucs den revolt and declare independence electing a governor!
    Most shards don't even bother with the Artisan Festival and the ones that do is because of the dedication of a few people. Marge has the right to say no as she is one of the few dedicated players who are responsible for getting it done.

I'm with Marge on this one. Not... one... more... tree... no. no. no. no. no. no. no....
    Anyone that is suggesting another tree.. a pox o' your throat!

I'm all for having fishing bods being added for dropping on the CURRENT elves and many of the CURRENT cities have docks close to the elves. It would be easy for fishers to hop onto a dock and skedaddle over to the elf.

Moonglow could incorporate the Sea Market Island Emporium into it's territory becoming officially recognized as such. And I'm sure the Moonglow Ladies would be delighted at having the opportunity to open it's doors there as well. Sailors as well. Just saying...

Most shards don't even bother with the Artisan Festival and the ones that do is because of the dedication of a few people. Marge has the right to say no as she is one of the few dedicated players who are responsible for getting it done.

I'm with Marge on this one. Not... one... more... tree... no. no. no. no. no. no. no....

I'm all for having fishing bods being added for dropping on the CURRENT elves and many of the CURRENT cities have docks close to the elves. It would be easy for fishers to hop onto a dock and skedaddle over to the elf.

Moonglow could incorporate the Sea Market Island Emporium into it's territory becoming officially recognized as such. And I'm sure the Moonglow Ladies would be delighted at having the opportunity to open it's doors there as well. Sailors as well. Just saying...

The pirate guild already pays a monthly premium to the "ladies" of moonglow 
    Marge said:
    It would be acceptable to have fishing bods to contribute to existing tree's 
  • MargeMarge Posts: 720

Thank You! and AMEN! lol

Grimbeard said:
    Marge said:
    It would be acceptable to have fishing bods to contribute to existing tree's 

You could do normal leather footwear BODS that are already in game. I never tried but the footwear that gets fished up should go onto those. If I remember when I get back home, I can try. I love filling bods, the more the merrier but with new BODs come new rewards. Then pvp'ers will want victim Bods, resource gathers will want resource bods, thieves will want stolen art bods, etc. It would just be an avalanche of a project that I just don't think the developers could take on before this years Artisan Fest. And like Pawain said, this may be the last Fest. This year will be the last set of windows and bed covers. We don't know if they are planning another item set or may be just do old rewards ad infinitum.   
    If i don't ask the answer is always no i mean popps got his wish  ;)
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    What would be the rewards for these very low level Fishing Small BODs and do you know how many SBODs it would take to do a tree.  The points for a small BOD is like a gnat on an elephant when trying to do a tree.  No thank you and yes I have done trees in the past that the guild took on.
    What would be the rewards for these very low level Fishing Small BODs and do you know how many SBODs it would take to do a tree.  The points for a small BOD is like a gnat on an elephant when trying to do a tree.  No thank you and yes I have done trees in the past that the guild took on.

I think you're one of the Cranky Crafters in Baja's Cranky Crafters Guild.If not, you should be. lol
    Grimbeard said:

The pirate guild already pays a monthly premium to the "ladies" of moonglow 

<3 For which the Ladies sincerely appreciate. Some of those men set their hearts aflutter. <3
    <3 I would like to share the Love to all the crafters who make trees so all the players can drop a small BOD on a tree and get a gift!!   <3

Thank You

The rewards could be baits and fishing equipment but mainly saved to drop on tree's 
    Right now after you finish the monger quest there's no real reason to fish this would give  fishers something to do besides come here and post  ;)

I think you're one of the Cranky Crafters in Baja's Cranky Crafters Guild.If not, you should be. lol
    LOL
    Grimbeard said:
    The rewards could be baits and fishing equipment but mainly saved to drop on tree's 
    Right now after you finish the monger quest there's no real reason to fish this would give  fishers something to do besides come here and post  ;)
    Those are high rewards for low SBODS of no name lobsters and crabs.  All the other fish/lobsters/crabs/footwear have quests/BODs already for them
    Grimbeard said:
    Those are high rewards for low SBODS of no name lobsters and crabs.  All the other fish/lobsters/crabs/footwear have quests/BODs already for them

Cooking?
    edited May 2023
    I find nothing about bods that use noname
    Ok i re read what you wrote you think baits are to big of a reward do you even fish bro?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,351
    I don't see it happening. I seem to remember the team are very reluctant to touch the bod system. Perhaps some Christmassy deco could be added to docks if the fishers turned in their rewards that they don't want to the Christmas elf, or a special fisher elf on those docs? Assign a value to those blasted books? and the junk proof hooks that those who claimed the vet reward no longer need, and the baits that we've already got 4k charges of and really don't need any more?
    I don't see it happening. I seem to remember the team are very reluctant to touch the bod system. Perhaps some Christmassy deco could be added to docks if the fishers turned in their rewards that they don't want to the Christmas elf, or a special fisher elf on those docs? Assign a value to those blasted books? and the junk proof hooks that those who claimed the vet reward no longer need, and the baits that we've already got 4k charges of and really don't need any more?
    Anything to include the high seas in current events so we don't feel forgotten 
    edited May 2023
    Grimbeard said:
    Ok i re read what you wrote you think baits are to big of a reward do you even fish bro?
    If you knew how to read you would see that I said NO NAME you would have understood that I said NO NAME are the ONLY thing that DOES NOT have a quest/BOD, no do you understand and yes I do fish for your information with a 120 Fisher person so there.   BRO
    Grimbeard said:
    If you knew how to read you would see that I said NO NAME you would have understood that I said NO NAME are the ONLY thing that DOES NOT have a quest/BOD, no do you understand and yes I do fish for your information with a 120 Fisher person so there.   BRO
    Then try to offer actual suggestions on how to include high seas in current events